LakersGround.net To Go | NBA Summer League


Lakers: Ebanks and Caracter Look Like Keepers

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Lakers: Ebanks and Caracter Look Like Keepers 
Author: emplay 
Posted: 07/14 10:37 PM 
 
Hey All,

Here's a quick one on the rooks:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16816

Thanks

EP


 
Author: VujacicForThree 
Posted: 07/14 10:43 PM 
 
Yeah, baby Ariza and Big Boy.


 
Author: calistrtballr 
Posted: 07/14 10:45 PM 
 
what about DJ Strawberry?


 
Author: emplay 
Posted: 07/14 10:47 PM 
 
not as much


 
Author: joeblow 
Posted: 07/14 10:49 PM 
 
If Caracter were woo'd by an international team for bigger bucks, would we still retain his rights for whenever he decided to come back to the States a few years down the line?


 
Author: emplay 
Posted: 07/14 10:50 PM 
 
yes


 
Author: kobe_luver 
Posted: 07/14 10:53 PM 
 
Does this mean that if someone else offers Caracter more $$$ he can take it instead of signing with us for the $450,000? I thought if we drafted him we had the right to sign him if we want him....just the # of years was a question. Is that wrong? Now I'm worried with all the attention he's been getting.


 
Author: emplay 
Posted: 07/14 10:54 PM 
 
someone else like say Olympiakos - but not a team in the nba


 
Author: joeblow 
Posted: 07/14 10:54 PM 
 
kobe_luver wrote:
Does this mean that if someone else offers Caracter more $$$ he can take it instead of signing with us for the $450,000? I thought if we drafter him we had the right to sign him if we want him....just the # of years was a question. Is that wrong? Now I'm worried with all the attention he's been getting.


No NBA team can sign him but us. I was asking about international teams, which can sign Caracter but we still get him if he came back to America.

I might prefer that out of him for a year or two, so that he can develop faster. He won't get much PT this season.


 
Author: Bham's Finest 
Posted: 07/14 11:03 PM 
 
Thanks for the inside scoop, Eric!


 
Author: Fleur-de-Lis 
Posted: 07/14 11:14 PM 
 
^ Strawberry is utter garbage. Look at his numbers and percentages and his history in the NBA.

Caracter and Ebanks are legitimate NBA players.


 
Author: Rodman28 
Posted: 07/14 11:30 PM 
 
Thanx!


 
Author: DonMagicWand 
Posted: 07/14 11:36 PM 
 
I hope Car-banks make the team!


 
Author: limchrc 
Posted: 07/14 11:46 PM 
 
thanks


 
Author: lakefan24 
Posted: 07/15 12:20 AM 
 
Pow Gasol wrote:
I hope Car-banks make the team!
Ha, sounds like a legit nick name for both of em. Anyways, Im really impressed with both of them. Ebanks looks like someone who can make things happen without having the ball in his hand and Caracter can just take it to the hoop cuz hes strong. I hear critics say Caracter does a lot of standing around though. Of course he cant do it all yet, but maybe he can develop that part of his game later on, no? Theyre both keepers btw.


 
Author: rwongega 
Posted: 07/15 12:23 AM 
 
Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
^ Strawberry is utter garbage. Look at his numbers and percentages and his history in the NBA.

Caracter and Ebanks are legitimate NBA players.


Other than quality man defense off the bench, there's not much to his game especially offense.

Strawberry's claim to fame is defending LeBron well in a high school game and his father was a Dodgers bust. That's about it.


 
Author: parsons777 
Posted: 07/15 12:47 AM 
 
It would be very ironic if we lost Caracter for a couple years overseas because he is too good...

Stupid Mitch.


 
Author: heatseeker08 
Posted: 07/15 2:21 AM 
 
Thank you!


 
Author: 44TheLogo 
Posted: 07/15 2:33 AM 
 
i'm curious, since when was 6'9 undersized for a PF?


 
Author: Runway8 
Posted: 07/15 2:43 AM 
 
parsons777 wrote:
It would be very ironic if we lost Caracter for a couple years overseas because he is too good...

Stupid Mitch.


You're a classic "damn if you do and damn if you don't" fan. Even after finding a nugget at 58, there is someone like you who manages to call him stupid. If Europe comes calling, the Lakers have no choice but to let him go if he chooses to, but we have his rights when he returns. Lebron is way out of our price range too, is Mitch stupid for that too?


 
Author: Qsmiff 
Posted: 07/15 3:14 AM 
 
Dude get your sarcasm meter fixed..............sheesh


 
Author: VALakerFan80 
Posted: 07/15 3:39 AM 
 
Great 2nd round picks in my opinion...


 
Author: uberzev 
Posted: 07/15 4:04 AM 
 
Trapper-Keepers


 
Author: SoCal88 
Posted: 07/15 4:11 AM 
 
With as much attention as these two are getting in summer league, if one or neither make it, imagine how many teams would pick them up immediately.


 
Author: pokoy 
Posted: 07/15 4:23 AM 
 
joeblow wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Does this mean that if someone else offers Caracter more $$$ he can take it instead of signing with us for the $450,000? I thought if we drafter him we had the right to sign him if we want him....just the # of years was a question. Is that wrong? Now I'm worried with all the attention he's been getting.


No NBA team can sign him but us. I was asking about international teams, which can sign Caracter but we still get him if he came back to America.

I might prefer that out of him for a year or two, so that he can develop faster. He won't get much PT this season.


On the plus side, if he stays and doesn't get much PT, but we still like him, we can sign him for a cheaper contract.

Then again, he might just leave ala Sun Yue if he doesn't get PT at all.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


LakersGround.net To Go | NBA Summer League