LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic

Abandoned, haunted places in or around LA?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Abandoned, haunted places in or around LA? 
Author: AuraStar 
Posted: 10/13 1:02 PM 

Anyone know any good abandoned, creepy places in or around LA that may be haunted?

I'm talking about forgotten hospitals, convalescent homes, psychiatric wards, prisons, cemeteries, etc...

I don't mean a haunted house where you pay a couple bucks to go in and people with funny costumes on go boo in your face. Nope, I mean real deserted, neglected places that give you the creeps and willies--especially at night.

Author: GoldenChild 
Posted: 10/13 1:36 PM 

Linda Vista Hospital

610 S St Louis St
Los Angeles, CA 90023

But you really don't want to mess with the unknown. If you do, just try to tell them you come in peace. I've heard stories where bad things happen.

Author: Reflexx 
Posted: 10/13 1:41 PM 

There are none... anywhere.

Author: K2 
Posted: 10/13 1:55 PM 

GoldenChild wrote:
Linda Vista Hospital

610 S St Louis St
Los Angeles, CA 90023

But you really don't want to mess with the unknown. If you do, just try to tell them you come in peace. I've heard stories where bad things happen.

Sounds quite disturbing
http://manofmystery24.hubpages.com/hub/-Ghost-Adventures-Review-Linda-Vista-Hospital

Author: lakersken80 
Posted: 10/13 1:56 PM 

From Wikipedia...
Quote:

The American Idol Mansion in Beverly Hills is reported to be haunted after the season 10 finalists were spooked out by spirits.[15]

Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood is reportedly haunted by one or more ghosts who have been seen by multiple employees including a manager.[16]

California State University Los Angeles, is a reportedly haunted area and has had many strange occurrences happen throughout the campus over the years. Although, most of these happen at the On Campus Housing. Although the Hauntings have been reported for years, they seem to have gotten significantly worse after a murder/suicide that took place within the School's Housing. Some even claim, to this day, to still see the ghosts of a young couple strolling through the school, and sometimes even interacting with other students.

The Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip, West Hollywood, California is reportedly haunted by prankster ghosts that will reset a room prepared for the evening or stack a mountain of chairs within seconds if no one is in the room. It is also claimed a dark entity exists in the basement that comedians Blake Clark and Joey Gaynor claim to have witnessed manifest.[17]

Fort MacArthur in San Pedro is reported to be haunted by the spirits of soldiers that died in accidents at the fort.[18]

The Pico House in Los Angeles is haunted by victims of the Chinese massacre, and is also haunted by the specter of Pio Pico. It was featured on Ghost Adventures with the Hollywood Ghost Hunters.[19]

Hollywood and the surrounding area have numerous sites that are believed to be inhabited by the spirits of deceased celebrities. For example, the ghost of actress Peg Entwistle, who committed suicide by jumping off the Hollywood Sign in the Hollywood Hills, has reportedly been seen near the sign. Some apparitions have been reported as being sighted at more than one location in the area.[20]

Hollywood Forever formerly known as Hollywood Memorial Park, is haunted by the ghosts of Virginia Rappe, a young starlet from the 1920's, actor Clifton Webb and Rudolf Valentino.

The Chateau Marmont is said to be haunted by the friendly ghost of actor/comedian John Belushi, specifically in Bungalow #3 where he died of an overdose of Cocaine and Heroin on Friday, March 5, 1982.

The Lincoln Heights Jail in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles is reported to be haunted by the seven inmates who were beaten to death by guards on what is known today as Bloody Christmas.[21]

The Linda Vista Community Hospital in Los Angeles is allegedly haunted by the spirits of many patients who died traumatic deaths. It was investigated on the TV series Ghost Adventures.[22]

Universal Studios is haunted, especially Stage 28 where an electrician fell to his death from a catwalk. The Prop Room is said to be haunted by the caped ghost of none other than Lon Chaney himself. The ghost of Miss Barbara Stanwyck has been seen on the backlot and during the filming of the hit CBS TV Series Ghost Whisperer, lights would move, unaided. Some lights would explode for no reason. Shapes would appear on film that weren't seen during filming and Orbs would appear above someone's head.

The RMS Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach, is reported to be haunted and currently serves as a literal haunted attraction for Halloween.[23][24][25]

The Banning Inn and the Two Harbors on Santa Catalina Island are reportedly haunted by the White Lady, there are also rumors of Natalie Wood haunting the area nearby after her mysterious death in the area.[26]

Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel There have been many rumors of hauntings at this hotel. Some involve celebrities, such as Marilyn Monroe & Montgomery Clift, who lived at the hotel in the past. Others involve a little girl in a blue dress. There have also been reports of cold spots, photographic "orbs", and mysterious phone calls to the hotel operator.

Woodland Hills Comfort Inn Jani Lane of Warrant died in Room 118 on August 11, 2011. Jani was found with a note in his pocket that read "I am Jani Lane" A friend made him carry this note because he feared Jani would die and not be immediately identified. The 911 call can be heard on YouTube. The smell of vodka, humming and the feeling of being watched have been reported.

Vogue Theater[27] was haunted. The projection room is said to be haunted by a ghost named "Fritz" who was a former projectionist at the Vogue Theater. One nights filming required a projection change over and although the current theater projectionist had fallen asleep, someone made the change as scheduled. In the late 1800s, Hollywood Boulevard was known as Prospect Avenue. The Prospect Elementary School stood at the site where the Vogue Theatre, which opened in 1936, now stands. In 1901, tragedy struck the four-room schoolhouse, and it burned to the ground killing 25 children and the teacher, Miss Elizabeth.[28][29]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reportedly_haunted_locations_in_California

Author: Black Salt 
Posted: 10/13 3:15 PM 

Pile of crap. Ive yelled at haunted houses and walked in them at night. I hadnt seen jack crap. The only thing you hear or see is your imagination being scared.

Author: dood23 
Posted: 10/13 3:21 PM 

So many alleged haunted places...

Zero hard evidence.

Author: Fan0Bynum17 
Posted: 10/13 4:12 PM 

Ghosts? I think it's more important we find the tooth fairy or the easter bunny first. Where are your priorities?

Author: CandyCanes 
Posted: 10/13 4:19 PM 

Bakersfield

Author: 1since71 
Posted: 10/13 4:24 PM 

Im just going to relay this story about Linda Vista Hospital.A security guard who has worked there for years (may still work there) told me when I asked if anything strange had ever happened to him there told me "no" but after some prodding he admited that on two different occasions over a period of years while making his rounds at night inside the hospital that he felt a hand grab his hand as if it where a child reaching up to grab your hand.Both times he said he just kept doing his rounds as if he didnt feel anything and nothing else occured.

Author: Black Salt 
Posted: 10/13 4:33 PM 

1since71 wrote:
Im just going to relay this story about Linda Vista Hospital.A security guard who has worked there for years (may still work there) told me when I asked if anything strange had ever happened to him there told me "no" but after some prodding he admited that on two different occasions over a period of years while making his rounds at night inside the hospital that he felt a hand grab his hand as if it where a child reaching up to grab your hand.Both times he said he just kept doing his rounds as if he didnt feel anything and nothing else occured.

Why would he say no first? Is he worried the kid might grab his nuts if he told anyone?

Author: 1since71 
Posted: 10/13 5:09 PM 

I think because it was at a movie shoot and the security guard for the studio was supposed to do a walk through the hospital as well and he was already acting like he didnt want to.

Author: sickside323 
Posted: 10/13 6:28 PM 

not sure about it being haunted, and it's definitely not abandoned but Evergreen Cemetery in Boyle heights has a very creepy look to it. it is very unkempt and is full of old, crooked headstones.

http://evergreencemeterylosangeles.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dsc_4205-untitled-evergreen-cemetery.jpg

Author: Tark the Shark 
Posted: 10/13 8:42 PM 

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Ghosts? I think it's more important we find the tooth fairy or the easter bunny first. Where are your priorities?

Don't forget the unicorns.

Author: Laker Lover 
Posted: 10/16 3:35 AM 

You have to open up your conscious to ghosts, its like a medium talking to the dead. If you're skeptical or doubt that stuff, you're likely to never perceive anything. Believe me its nothing you want to get into if you want peace of mind. I've heard of people being haunted wherever they went afterwards. I did ghost haunting and didn't believe at first, but I started believing experiences other people had and seeked it out. I heard babies crying/whimpering, hissing/growling noises. I had to say enoughs enough and never wanted to have anything else to do with it again. Took me 3 months before all fears left me. I recommend you don't open up to it, not even for fun. The stuff you hear or see is from another dimension, a spiritual realm that occasionally your 5 senses can detect.

Author: Fan0Bynum17 
Posted: 10/16 12:12 PM 

Laker Lover wrote:
You have to open up your conscious to ghosts, its like a medium talking to the dead. If you're skeptical or doubt that stuff, you're likely to never perceive anything. Believe me its nothing you want to get into if you want peace of mind. I've heard of people being haunted wherever they went afterwards. I did ghost haunting and didn't believe at first, but I started believing experiences other people had and seeked it out. I heard babies crying/whimpering, hissing/growling noises. I had to say enoughs enough and never wanted to have anything else to do with it again. Took me 3 months before all fears left me. I recommend you don't open up to it, not even for fun. The stuff you hear or see is from another dimension, a spiritual realm that occasionally your 5 senses can detect.

I wonder why.

Author: Socks 
Posted: 10/16 1:11 PM 

Gravity Hill in Sylmar

Author: chef 
Posted: 10/16 1:24 PM 

Redondo Beach Galleria.

Author: C M B 
Posted: 10/16 2:35 PM 

The Staples Center in late May. That place gives me the creeps.

Author: JerryMagicKobe 
Posted: 10/16 2:37 PM 

Congress

Author: LarryCoon 
Posted: 10/16 4:12 PM 

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:
If you're skeptical or doubt that stuff, you're likely to never perceive anything.

I wonder why.

They say that facts are thing that don't go away when you stop believing in them.

Author: Lakerfan 4 Life 
Posted: 10/16 6:41 PM 

Anybody been to Gravity Hill? I hear about this place a lot from friends and acquaintances. And it seems to be really haunted.

Author: lakez34 
Posted: 10/16 9:24 PM 

Gravity Hill is supposed to be an optical illusion, if I am not mistaken.

Author: cisternachyli 
Posted: 10/17 3:26 AM 

ive heard a (bleep) ton of stories about Blackstar Canyon down in the OC near Irvine. I was thinking of going down there with my buddies when i used to go to college at UCI, but reading up on the stories gave me the creeps; i didnt want to risk whatever would or could happen. I know a couple of friends went there, but i think they turned around cause the road was closed...

Author: angrypuppy 
Posted: 10/17 5:42 AM 

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Laker Lover wrote:

I wonder why.

I do the same at movies. You have to willingly suspend disbelief to maximize entertainment value, and I suspect amateur ghost hunters are doing just that. New England is full of haunted sites, but I wouldn't bother even if a friend organized a trip out of curiosity. I'd pretty much ruin it for him, as I know I would refuse suspend disbelief. I'm a pain in the ass, if you give me opportunity to run roughshod over BS like a haunting, I'll seize it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic