LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic


Another mass shooting

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Another mass shooting 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 05/30 4:24 PM 
 
I keep hearing "Now is not the time." When will the time come? Seems as though there's a mass shooting every day.

CNN reported automatic like weapons were used.

Something has to be done. The second amendment wasn't written to bolster what some are advocating.

Yes, gun ownership is a right. What kind of gun needs to be addressed.

Two dead and over 20 injured in Miami mass shooting, police say

LINK

Quote:
There were at least 200 mass shootings in the country in the first 132 days of this year, a report by the Gun Violence Archive, a non-profit research group, said.


 
Author: lakersken80 
Posted: 05/30 6:16 PM 
 
Gun sales are up because of the pandemic....apparently these guys are now unleashing their arsenal...


 
Author: ContagiousInspiration 
Posted: 05/30 7:08 PM 
 
The Failed Experiment


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 05/31 2:14 AM 
 
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.


 
Author: FernieBee 
Posted: 05/31 3:32 PM 
 
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.


Mass shootings are so last year . . . and this year . . . and probably next year.

They're here to stay . . . similar to racism, skinny jeans, and online infuencers.


 
Author: DaMuleRules 
Posted: 05/31 4:13 PM 
 
FernieBee wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.


Mass shootings are so last week . . . and this week . . . and probably next week.

They're here to stay . . . similar to racism, skinny jeans, and online infuencers.


FIFY


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 06/02 5:16 PM 
 
Another happened yesterday in Springfield. I think mass shootings should have a thread of its own

.DeWine: 2 in custody after mass shooting injures 6 in Springfield; News conference set for this afternoon

LINK


Side Note: I ink this in wonder if the latest scrutiny on the police has caused a change in policy?

Watching NBC2 news today. A police chase ended in a standoff on the 101 freeway. After taking the suspect into custody the police asked for a mental health unit. I don't remember that happening before.


 
Author: Halflife 
Posted: 06/02 8:33 PM 
 
crazy I didnt even hear about this. Thats where we are.


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 06/02 8:50 PM 
 
Halflife wrote:
crazy I didnt even hear about this. Thats where we are.

The ABC7 news report said they called for a mental unit.

101 Freeway: CHP officers take SUV driver into custody after standoff forces closure of WB lanes
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:48AM

LINK


 
Author: Halflife 
Posted: 06/03 2:38 PM 
 
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
crazy I didnt even hear about this. Thats where we are.

The ABC7 news report said they called for a mental unit.

101 Freeway: CHP officers take SUV driver into custody after standoff forces closure of WB lanes
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:48AM

LINK

I meant that’s where we are as a society. Shootings are the stories that end news as oppose to leading. Sadly


 
Author: ContagiousInspiration 
Posted: 06/06 9:36 PM 
 
And another...

Quote:
3 People Are Killed, Others Hurt In A Shooting At A Miami Area Graduation Party
Updated June 6, 20213:31 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/06/1003764271/miami-florida-graduation-party-shooting-deaths
One of those killed was a state corrections officer, Miami-Dade police Director Freddie Ramirez told news outlets. He said the party at a strip mall lounge was ending when one or more vehicles "pulled up and began to fire into the crowd."

The identities of those killed and wounded were not immediately released Sunday. The shooting happened about 2 a.m. in the suburb of Kendall.


 
Author: ContagiousInspiration 
Posted: 06/14 10:52 PM 
 
Quote:

4 mass shootings in 6 hours leave 38 wounded, 6 dead across US
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shootings-hours-leave-39-wounded-dead-us/story?id=78252429


At least four major U.S. cities were reeling from an onslaught of mass shootings over the weekend that left at least 38 people wounded, six dead and police officials alarmed that the surge in gun violence is a prelude to a bloody summer as the nation emerges from the pandemic.

Police in Austin, Cleveland, Chicago and Savannah were all investigating on Sunday mass shootings that erupted over a six-hour streak that began around 9 p.m. on Friday and spilled over into Saturday morning.


"At least 4 major U.S. cities" .. ELI5?? So beyond these 4 there could be more cities during the June 11-13th weekend where there were more mass shootings?..


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 12/01 8:13 PM 
 
And the beat goes on. Another mass shooting. I think the father should be held accountable. IMO the 2nd amendment should be amended.

Y'all know me. I wonder, what's the race of the person taken into custody and does it make a difference? I'll give you 3 guesses the first 2 don't count.

At least 3 students dead, 8 injured in Michigan high school shooting; father of suspect purchased gun, authorities say


LINK

Quote:
Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said it received over 100 calls about an active shooter starting around 12:51 p.m. local time. Within three minutes, the suspect was in custody, McCabe said.


 
Author: Buck32 
Posted: 12/01 9:13 PM 
 
Quote:
The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday


While I was happy I could get the new Kindle paperwhite cheap on Black Friday for my daughter, his father was happy with the new 9mm for his son .


 
Author: Halflife 
Posted: 12/01 9:41 PM 
 
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.


 
Author: ContagiousInspiration 
Posted: 12/01 11:20 PM 
 
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.


Saw earlier a comparison.. Republican would rather have your child learning school shooter drills and be in terror than just push background checks and minor gun control measures

What a (bleep) up country.. how did politicians get control of guns and pharmaceuticals and religion..


 
Author: Halflife 
Posted: 12/01 11:42 PM 
 
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.


Saw earlier a comparison.. Republican would rather have your child learning school shooter drills and be in terror than just push background checks and minor gun control measures

What a (bleep) up country.. how did politicians get control of guns and pharmaceuticals and religion..

When I was a kid it was
Don’t talk to strangers
Look both ways before crossing the street


 
Author: DaMuleRules 
Posted: 12/03 4:35 AM 
 
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I think we're becoming numb to mass shootings.

Not as a parent. It’s part of our dialogue when I drop him off. The video of those kids from Michigan is an outstanding tool.


Saw earlier a comparison.. Republican would rather have your child learning school shooter drills and be in terror than just push background checks and minor gun control measures

What a (bleep) up country.. how did politicians get control of guns and pharmaceuticals and religion..


They'd rather see their kids killed in a school shooting than be taught the truth about US history in regards to race.

I know that sounds like asinine hyperbole, and yet it's reality.


 
Author: FernieBee 
Posted: 12/03 5:53 AM 
 
DaMuleRules wrote:
They'd rather see their kids killed in a school shooting than be taught the truth about US history in regards to race.

I know that sounds like asinine hyperbole, and yet it's reality.


What better truth for the GOP to hide than the one that shows them as the asshats they really are?

If the truth is an incovenience, then fabricate your own . . . per the GOP modus operandi.


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 12/03 9:14 PM 
 
Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK


 
Author: lakersken80 
Posted: 12/04 12:17 AM 
 
jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK


Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 12/04 1:15 AM 
 
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK


Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!

And seriously disrupt theirs.


 
Author: DaMuleRules 
Posted: 12/04 4:19 AM 
 
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Stupid is as stupid does

FBI, Marshals and deputies hunt for parents of Ethan Crumbley as sheriff says Michigan prosecutor didn't give them a head's up about manslaughter charges for his school rampage that left four dead: Prosecutors reveal they bought the 9mm handgun for him for CHRISTMAS

LINK

A journal of plans to kill, warnings from teachers and a chilling ‘countdown’: The red flags around alleged Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley

LINK


Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!


Umm, pretty sure the significance here is that the "tool" destroyed the futures of the four families of the kids he murdered and ended theirs.


 
Author: LakerLanny 
Posted: 12/04 5:37 AM 
 
lakersken80 wrote:

Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!


What kind of idiots do this?


 
Author: jonnybravo 
Posted: 12/04 5:46 AM 
 
LakerLanny wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Parents gave him the tool to destroy his future...wow!


What kind of idiots do this?


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10268829/The-mom-accused-Oxford-High-School-shooter-penned-letter-revealing-sons-struggles.html

Read about these parents. Is anyone seriously shocked? There are just some truly vile (bleep) people in this country and the orange orangatun was their messiah. Despicable human beings.

Goto page 1, 2  Next


LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic