LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge

The problem is Anthony Davis ...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The problem is Anthony Davis ... 
Author: PinoyLBJFan 
Posted: 11/27 5:44 AM 

He doesn't know his size ...
He doesn't know what he is capable of in the paint ...

Re: The problem is Anthony Davis ... 
Author: phantasyman 
Posted: 11/27 6:16 AM 

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

Cause he has no footwork. Look at the greats...Hakeem, Laimbeer, Barkley, they had excellent footwork.

AD is really just a high priced center who can shoot the outside and great mid range, but no inside. If he got help from Hakeem to develop inside, he would truly be unstoppable

Author: D-Shiznit 
Posted: 11/27 6:25 AM 

Yes, yes he is.

The AD from the championship run is gone.

This dude got his ring and his contract and is happy to coast it.

Author: Hard_Butter 
Posted: 11/27 6:36 AM 

My biggest gripe with this fool is that he picks and chooses when he wants to play.

When he's on and plays hard, he's a top 5 player in this league. The problem is that it's every other game.

I'm thoroughly convinced that he's content with the extension and the one chip.

Zero passion. Zero want.

Once LBJ is gone, I want him gone too.

Author: BotPoster24 
Posted: 11/27 6:40 AM 

D-Shiznit wrote:
Yes, yes he is.

The AD from the championship run is gone.

This dude got his ring and his contract and is happy to coast it.

I been saying it since the run. He isn't a 54% from mid range and 38% from three shooter. What we saw in the bubble was blistering hot AD and it warped peoples perception of what he is regularly.

Re: The problem is Anthony Davis ... 
Author: LGFan 
Posted: 11/27 6:41 AM 

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

He has lazy and gave up caring after he got paid and won a ring

Author: dries 
Posted: 11/27 7:07 AM 

Okay PinoyLBJFan.

Author: Inspector Gadget 
Posted: 11/27 7:11 AM 

Just keep in mind no matter how critical you guys are with AD or LeBron, there is zero chance they get moved because the FO won’t do something that bizarre.

Author: SGV-Laker fan 
Posted: 11/27 7:12 AM 

The problem has always been AD. LeBron should only be playing in crunch minutes, and AD in his prime should be able to carry the bulk along with Russ and supporting cast. Look at Paul George, without KL, he’s able to keep the clippers in contention. AD on the other hand is just pathetic. Afraid of being hurt, can’t over power a 6’0 guy in the post. Falls when anyone breathes on him. AD is the reason why this team is what it is now.

Author: kwase 
Posted: 11/27 7:12 AM 

The first thing I said about AD this season when I saw him was that he looks fat. He looks like he put on that post-marriage weight. I won't completely blame him though. This is the softest schedule I've ever seen a Laker team play to start the season.

Author: mad55557777 
Posted: 11/27 7:13 AM 

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Just keep in mind no matter how critical you guys are with AD or LeBron, there is zero chance they get moved because the FO won’t do something that bizarre.

But they need to get better for their own legacy

Posted: 11/27 7:15 AM 

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They will, the season is still early, the team probably ate a lot during thanksgiving day... it was a depressing lose though.

Posted: 11/27 7:17 AM 

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They will, the season is still early, the team probably ate a lot during thanksgiving day... it was a depressing lose though.

Lebron, AD, Russ are all putting up great numbers, and it didn’t translate into wins. Our poor defense is one thing, the other is they were not efficient. Russ has gotten better for the past 2 weeks, but AD and Lebron is still up and down.

Posted: 11/27 7:19 AM 

kwase wrote:
The first thing I said about AD this season when I saw him was that he looks fat. He looks like he put on that post-marriage weight. I won't completely blame him though. This is the softest schedule I've ever seen a Laker team play to start the season.

If he can't dominate in softest schedule then forget about it when it gets tougher

Author: lakerfansd 
Posted: 11/27 7:19 AM 

AD is flawed and plays outside too much but there so many more problems with this team than just him. To me, the bigger issues are

-Arrogance: we'll be fine later, it's ok we suck now mentality.
-Like Horry said in postgame, we celebrate after making a play on offense as if the game is over.
-We simply don't play like hard like we value every possession and want to win every game
-Offensively we are so predictable, very little motion other than player with the ball. I watch other games where teams get such easy points by moving without the ball.
-Defensively it's not just our players being old or poor defender, they don't care as much on defense consistently. We're losing and suddenly we turn it up but we should be playing good defense entire game, not just for short bursts

I think Vogel and the leaders on the team (Lebron, AD particularly) are to blame for the team not playing with effort and focus. You think Magic, Kobe wouldn't be angry with the way we smile and laugh when we're getting killed? It absolutely ticks me off to see players laugh off their terrible mistakes on the court.

Posted: 11/27 7:20 AM 

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lebron, AD, Russ are all putting up great numbers, and it didn’t translate into wins. Our poor defense is one thing, the other is they were not efficient. Russ has gotten better for the past 2 weeks, but AD and Lebron is still up and down.

Yeah, the big 3 needs more games under there wraps... this is probably like the 5th or 6th game they have played together while playing 21 games so far.

Posted: 11/27 7:20 AM 

kwase wrote:

He's skinny-fat --- which is the worst kind of fat.

Spindly little arms and child-bearing hips.

Dude is smack dap in his prime and yet looks like he's regressing athletically because he doesn't take care of his body the right way.

You got LBJ right in front of your eyes and you can't get your ass in proper shape?

There's no accountability here. That's the problem.

Posted: 11/27 7:21 AM 

STOP taking the 3s!!!! That’s all I want to say

Author: BandwagonLBJhopper 
Posted: 11/27 7:21 AM 

Naw. The problem I see is:

1. When we play shooters we can build a lead and flow better on offense, but our defense sucks and we can’t sustain leads
2. If we play defenders, then our spacing sucks and we can’t score

This is pretty obvious at this point. It’s why every game for us is a dog fight.

Pelinka screwed up dumping all of our two way players that can both shoot and defend (Caruso, KCP, Kuzma) and even Schroeder for all his flaws, was great on defense and could knock down shots better than Russ.

We went from having a bunch of two way wings to basically none other than LBJ, and he is 37.

Posted: 11/27 7:22 AM 

Hard_Butter wrote:
kwase wrote:

Dude is smack dap in his prime and yet looks like he's regressing athletically because he doesn't take care of his body the right way.

You got LBJ right in front of your eyes and you can't get your ass in proper shape?

We are run by an ex agent. It's in their DNA to suck up to players.

Who is going to whip them with accountibility?

Posted: 11/27 7:34 AM 

LGFan wrote:
Hard_Butter wrote:
kwase wrote:

We are run by an ex agent. It's in their DNA to suck up to players.

Who is going to whip them with accountibility?

I'll tell you one thing...Riley would never let any of this ish fly.

Jeanie is too nice. Both she and Rob relented to Klutch. LBJ ain't gonna be mean like Kobe. Thus we have a coddled AD.

Zero accountability. Oh and they chose Russ....lmfao.

Klutch can f off once LBJ is gone as far as I'm concerned.

Author: ScHoolBoy B 
Posted: 11/27 7:54 AM 

I don't think it's AD. I think it's Westbrook not being able to get AD in his spots that he can succeed in. AD isn't going to create his own space, he depends on the PG (Rondo type PG) to help him get into those sweet spots. Russ has absolutely no clue where those spots are.

Not saying it's all Russ, but AD is very dependent on a PG being able to help him succeed. We really don't have that in Russ.

Posted: 11/27 7:56 AM 

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
I don't think it's AD. I think it's Westbrook not being able to get AD in his spots that he can succeed in. AD isn't going to create his own space, he depends on the PG (Rondo type PG) to help him get into those sweet spots. Russ has absolutely no clue where those spots are.

Not saying it's all Russ, but AD is very dependent on a PG being able to help him succeed. We really don't have that in Russ.

Are you serious? Westbrook has gotten AD the most easy baskets this season by far. The 2 times we went to Russ, he set up AD for 2 layups. Their chemistry has growled a lot since the beginning of the season

Author: ScHoolBoy B 
Posted: 11/27 7:58 AM 

mad55557777 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Are you serious? Westbrook has gotten AD the most easy baskets this season by far. The 2 times we went to Russ, he set up AD for 2 layups. Their chemistry has growled a lot since the beginning of the season

Compare 2 lay ups to the monster games AD had with Rondo. Like I said, it's not all Russ but he's not the ideal PG for AD.

Posted: 11/27 8:02 AM 

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Compare 2 lay ups to the monster games AD had with Rondo. Like I said, it's not all Russ but he's not the ideal PG for AD.

I was just using those 2 as an example, go back and watch the team highlights for the past few weeks, you will see how many easy baskets AD got off Westbrook. Russ is the setting up AD much better than Lebron this season.
If Russ is the ideal PG for Steven Adams, then AD is the problem

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge