Yes [19] 
No [2]

CNN fires Chris Cuomo 
Author: CandyCanes 
Posted: 12/05 1:00 AM 

Top rated anchor gone. Wow.

Author: non-player zealot 
Posted: 12/05 2:05 AM 

It falls between a for definite cause Lauering and a Matthewsian firing over ratings under the guise of a woke law being broken. Chris is still wondering wtf he got hardballed.

Author: CandyCanes 
Posted: 12/05 2:10 AM 

non-player zealot wrote:
It falls between a for definite cause Lauering and a Matthewsian firing over ratings under the guise of a woke law being broken. Chris is still wondering wtf he got hardballed.

But he was their top rated anchor.

Posted: 12/05 2:35 AM 

CandyCanes wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

But he was their top rated anchor.

Don't forget hunky.

Author: ChefLinda 
Posted: 12/05 3:34 AM 

He helped cover up his brother's sexual assaults and harassed some of the victims. Also rumors he had his own harassment related events.

Massively inappropriate. Massive conflicts of interest as a journalist covering political issues.

Actions have consequences.

Author: jonnybravo 
Posted: 12/05 5:41 AM 

ChefLinda wrote:
He helped cover up his brother's sexual assaults and harassed some of the victims. Also rumors he had his own harassment related events.

Massively inappropriate. Massive conflicts of interest as a journalist covering political issues.

Actions have consequences.

Fox would have given him a raise and an extra show.

Author: governator 
Posted: 12/05 2:18 PM 

The fall of Cuomo brothers are pretty stunning (and appropriate). I mean I remember last year during the NYC lockdown, older Cuomo was outshining Trump on national stage, talked about him as a candidate in 2024 (he said he wasn't running in 2020... sounds like somebody else was already picked at that time) and younger Cuomo was battling Covid on TV while still working. One year and puff, disgraced, both

Author: Basketball Fan 
Posted: 12/05 4:45 PM 

I do find it funny he got fired but Jeffrey Toobin is still there..

Author: Omar Little 
Posted: 12/06 3:40 AM 

Basketball Fan wrote:

To be fair, there was no coverup involved with Toobin…

Posted: 12/06 10:15 AM 

Omar Little wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Toobin redefined c-- laude.

Author: SGV-Laker fan 
Posted: 12/06 9:58 PM 

Omar Little wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Oh he was “covering and uncovering” something

Author: Halflife 
Posted: 12/06 10:57 PM 

Not many talking heads I like. I like chris. he will land. I will not hate on someone protecting family.

Author: jodeke 
Posted: 12/06 11:14 PM 

Halflife wrote:
Not many talking heads I like. I like chris. he will land. I will not hate on someone protecting family.

I don't know. It's my understanding Fox doesn't want him. If they don't want him who does?

Author: panamaniac 
Posted: 12/07 12:22 AM 

Don’t buy the looking out family angle. If that’s the case then he should have publicly stepped down from his position, instead of doing puff pieces on his brother and having him on for interviews ad nauseam, while simultaneously helping him behind the scenes. He failed as a journalist not to mention as a person.

Posted: 12/07 12:31 AM 

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I don't know. It's my understanding Fox doesn't want him. If they don't want him who does?

you know how this works. Everyone finds a place. He will rehabilitate himself on real-time or some similar show.

This doesn't fall under cancel culture so he will be back somewhere.

Posted: 12/07 12:34 AM 

panamaniac wrote:
Don’t buy the looking out family angle. If that’s the case then he should have publicly stepped down from his position, instead of doing puff pieces on his brother and having him on for interviews ad nauseam, while simultaneously helping him behind the scenes. He failed as a journalist not to mention as a person.

LOL at journalist. Journalists don't have primetime shows for the most part. They are entertainers. Hannity, though I loathe him said he is an entertainer. That automatically cleared him of being anything other than an opinion.

Author: DaMuleRules 
Posted: 12/07 1:55 AM 

Halflife wrote:

He allegedly did more than that. Even if you (foolishly) buy the idea that he wasn't obligated to uphold propriety in regards to his role at CNN, the idea of "protecting his family" while his family member is credibly accused of sexual assault is contemptible. And it all makes sense now given that Chris has been accused of sexual assault as well.

I guess it's a Cuomo thing, but it's good to know you commend him for "sticking together".

Posted: 12/07 2:00 AM 

Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

LOL at journalist. Journalists don't have primetime shows for the most part. They are entertainers. Hannity, though I loathe him said he is an entertainer. That automatically cleared him of being anything other than an opinion.

Except that to his viewers at Fox, Hannity doesn't just present himself as purely an entertainer. He portrays himself as a purveyor of fact from the position as an alleged journalist while he blatant lies and spreads misinformation an every subject he discusses.

The fact that you dismiss him from any responsibility in that regard is exemplary of one the many disturbing trends in current American society.

Posted: 12/07 2:08 AM 

Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Cleared him to who?

Posted: 12/07 2:36 AM 

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

you know how this works. Everyone finds a place. He will rehabilitate himself on real-time or some similar show.

This doesn't fall under cancel culture so he will be back somewhere.

Maybe. If he does how much starch will his landing spot have? I don't think a major will pick him up right now.

Posted: 12/07 2:42 AM 

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Cleared him to who?

Fox viewers and clueless people like Halflife.

Author: FernieBee 
Posted: 12/07 3:11 AM 

Cuomo has become a 4-letter word . . . a la poop.

Posted: 12/08 1:20 AM 

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

Cleared him to who?

cleared him is a figure of speech. The minute you separate yourself from being a journalist and call yourself an entertainer that changes everything. He no longer has to be taken serious. Can say anything because its just entertainment.

Posted: 12/08 1:30 AM 

News anchors are taken seriously

Posted: 12/08 1:33 AM 

Fwiw, Hannity plays the same game Limbaugh used to, where he says he’s an entertainer in polite company when pressed about his journalistic dearth, but plays it as the straight scoop to his audience, because he knows none of them are likely to have seen him say the other, and even if they have, they write it off.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic