LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge

I'm sorry but.. sasha, you are a moron

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author: - Sean - 
Posted: 03/27 12:56 AM 

Here's a brief mention of it in the PE..

Quote:

With the Lakers leading by 10 with 5.4 seconds left, Sasha Vujacic unwisely tried to go in for a layup. New Orleans guard Speedy Claxton wrapped up Vujacic and then pushed him in the back. Claxton was called for a flagrant foul and ejected. Vujacic's teammates chastised him for trying to score.

LINK

Author: PiPisKobesByatch 
Posted: 03/27 1:10 AM 

lol they chastised him. come on.. he's not a rookie..and obviously he's watched and taken part in professional games before.. so he should know not to do that.

sasha reminds me of the really small guy who talks a lot .. gets into fights.. then lets his big friends come in and beat everybody up while he watches from behind.

Author: RePLAY 
Posted: 03/27 1:49 AM 

GOOD FOR SASHA!

The Hornets were down 10 and still were fouling the Lakers with 10 seconds remaining. Sasha just kept playing like the Hornets were.

Author: Mailman04 
Posted: 03/27 5:45 AM 

That was a cheap shot by Speedy that could have hurt Sasha. It's one thing to foul him and discuss that with Sasha, but to shove him like that was crap. Also, Speedy has a teammate or two that he might talk to if scoring at end of game concerns him so much. Go Lakers and Sasha.

Author: BigE32 
Posted: 03/27 5:47 AM 

Sasha should have held the ball. There's no reason for him to try and score another basket. The game was over and we were going to win. I don't blame Speedy at all for the hard foul. We were up ten with a few seconds left. No reason to score again. Poor decision by Sasha.

Author: prisma8slg 
Posted: 03/27 5:51 AM 

I don't know what possessed Sasha to try and score. I've seen him dribble out the final possession enough times to know that he knows to do that!!

Author: LA_Lakers_Rule 
Posted: 03/27 8:39 AM 

Exick wrote:
Quote:
On one hand, I agree. Just hold the ball and wait for time to expire. But it was equally douchey for Speedy to shove him in the back after fouling him. They were still trying to get to the basket and score points on the other end, so it's only ok when they do it? When we're talking about professional sports, there are certain unwritten rules that I don't believe carry over from amateur and "not running up the score" is one of them. If the Hornets were so sensitive about the game being already decided, they would have stopped trying to score.

As we all know there is sort of a code in basketball that works to different ways depending upon who has the game won.

If you are the losing team you DO NOT GIVE UP!! Thus you score as much as you can, it is kind of a character issue. A team should never show signs of giving up.

On the other hand a team who has the game in hand is expected to not RUN UP THE SCORE!!

Thus again as we all know, what Sasha did breaks this code resulting in the retailiation.

As far as I'm concerned I would agree with Exick, why is it that the losing team can continue to play like the game is still in contention, yet the team on top is expected to do something all together different.

It is often said that teams should alway play as if the game is close and practice good sound plays. So why then can't the offensive team do the same thing.

With that said I can see why Sasha's play could be upsetting to the losing team in that it was not any kind of play at all but a breakaway.

It maybe that Sasha was just not thinking when he did what he did, but I think that Walton was kind of joking with him about the fact that Sasha would even do what he did.

As you can see none of the other Lakers took any offense to the incident but rather just kidded around with Sasha.

I think maybe Sasha will pay more attention in the future and this won't happen again.

Personally, however, it didn't bother me in the least. As far as I'm concerned I sort of like the "killer" instinct to rub it in. But again that is generally not what is done in the NBA.

Author: numero-ocho 
Posted: 03/27 9:21 AM 

RePLAY wrote:
GOOD FOR SASHA!

The Hornets were down 10 and still were fouling the Lakers with 10 seconds remaining. Sasha just kept playing like the Hornets were.

BAD FOR SASHA!

At that point, you continue to run time off the clock and keep possession of the ball as long as you can. The clock is your ally at that point. Trying to score quickly just gives them another chance to shoot a three and cut into the deficit.

I don't think he even understood the game situation. He just saw an open lane to the basket and reacted.

Let's just be thankful it was Speedy Claxton that was closest to him and not some old-school guy like PJ Brown or Aaron Williams who would have gotten their money's worth for a flagrant.

Author: raffi 
Posted: 03/27 9:23 AM 

I think he was trying to up his scoring average

Posted: 03/27 9:37 AM 

i just know that if the tables were turned.. speedy claxton went up for an unnecessary layup with a double digit lead and only 5 or less seconds left on the clock..

there would be a 10 page thread about how he deserved to be knocked out, how the lakers should retaliate in their next game against them, praise somebody for fouling him hard, praising him even more if the guy got injured.. etc etc etc.

sasha annoys me and he's on our own team. imagine wut it's like for opposing fans.

Author: waterman40 
Posted: 03/27 9:51 AM 

I think its a sportsmanship issue: less than 24 seconds, ahead by 4 points or more, other team is not fouling; Then holding the ball and letting the clock run out is good sportsmanship. Being that Sasha is still young, and that the Hornets are young, and have committed this sin themselves quite a bit, they shouldn't have taken offense with a 2nd year, backup, trying to score. Now, if this had been Kobe or Lamar doing it, then yeah, it was bush. Now the push after the play should get Speedy a suspension too.

Author: waterman40 
Posted: 03/27 9:53 AM 

I like the old 70-80's rules, where in the blowouts, the subs all played, and the goal was to try and get everyone a shot in the last 2 minutes to get in the stat. sheet. Fast-break, open court garbage time, refs swallowing the whistles, letting the game get over quick, everyone leaves happy.

Author: Irishladdie 
Posted: 03/27 9:54 AM 

He was paying back the Hornets. What they did too us when they beat us was disgusting too. Paybacks a you know what. Everyone needs to quit crying and realize the Hornets deserved it. Do you remeber when the Hornets were beating us and PJ Brown thru ablock on Kobe and started laughing at him and the Butler hit that shot against us when the game was well decided. I can't wait for the last game of the season, screw the Hornets they deserve no respect becuase they give none.

Author: TIMMM 
Posted: 03/27 10:07 AM 

anyone have video of this?

i think its funny, i dont really care if its 'classless' or not

Posted: 03/27 10:09 AM 

the lakers are a classy organization. they don't have to stoop to the level of these expansion teams no matter what happened in the past.

Author: Worthy42 
Posted: 03/27 10:12 AM 

People,

The Hornets are notorious for doing this. If you don't believe me, go back to their last matchup with the Clippers. With the game in hand and decided. Rasual Butler "Totally Classless" is standing there running out the clock, and as it goes down to 3-2-1... he steps behind a PJ Brown screen and tries to launch a 3 at the buzzer. Well Sam Cassell see's this and literall chops at Butler's arms. Butler made the shot anyway and the Hornets padded an already big win.

I feel no sympathy for the Hornets. What Sasha did was wrong, but against that team, I wish he would've scored or punked Speedy trying to knock him over. Any other teams it would've been classless, but against the team known to do this, good job Sasha.

Author: angrypuppy 
Posted: 03/27 10:21 AM 

^

Then trade Sasha to the Hornets. He'll fit in with their org better than ours.

Author: _LAKESHOW_ 
Posted: 03/27 10:23 AM 

no big whoop. its awash.

he broke the unwritten rule. he went for a basket with the game in hand.

and claxton gave him the unwritten result. foul with karate chop.

Author: LA_Lakers_Rule 
Posted: 03/27 10:49 AM 

Worthy42 wrote:
Quote:
People,

The Hornets are notorious for doing this. If you don't believe me, go back to their last matchup with the Clippers. With the game in hand and decided. Rasual Butler "Totally Classless" is standing there running out the clock, and as it goes down to 3-2-1... he steps behind a PJ Brown screen and tries to launch a 3 at the buzzer. Well Sam Cassell see's this and literall chops at Butler's arms. Butler made the shot anyway and the Hornets padded an already big win.

I feel no sympathy for the Hornets. What Sasha did was wrong, but against that team, I wish he would've scored or punked Speedy trying to knock him over. Any other teams it would've been classless, but against the team known to do this, good job Sasha.

Others on this board have said the same thing about the Hornet team.

I did not have this in mind, but now that I think about it...

I really think that maybe Sasha was doing it intentionally as a retaliation for the past behavior against the Lakers.

In this case then it's a great move and way of letting the Hornet's know that we remember what they have done in the past. Furthermore if this is Sahsa's intention then GOOD FOR SASHA and it is totally understandable and is ultimately not only a message to the Hornets but is supportive of the Lakers as a team as well.

I wonder if Shasha is going to be asked about this, I do recall that he and Luke were getting a kick out of it after the flagrant was given.

Author: Vayacondios 
Posted: 03/27 11:18 AM 

[quote="Kobina returns"]You gotta go back to the first meeting between the Lakers and the Hornets. The game was out of hand, in the final seconds Lakers decide to give up but Rasual Butler shot the 3 on them. Anyone remember this? This is probably why Sasha did this at the end of the game, for retaliation.[/quote]

Wasn't that actually the recent Hornet/Cliiper game? And Butler apologized for it almost immediately.

As a fan, I was embarassed Sasha did that, and applaud Speedy for his reaction. That's not Laker basketball. Sasha, in addition to being ther worst regular player on an NBA team, is now also officially a complete jerk.

Author: Krispy Kreme 
Posted: 03/27 11:21 AM 

does anyone have a link to the video?

Author: NoBloodNoAmbulance 
Posted: 03/27 11:40 AM 

This is my first post, because I usually feel like I have nothing to add, but I was sitting right behind the Lakers bench last night. While Sasha was taking his throws Ronny came over to the bench and was asking "What was Sasha doing?" in the direction of and everyone was shaking their heads in general. It really did not feel like Sasha did that on behalf of the Lakers.

Also, I never actually go to games this was a treat for my Dad and myself, so we got there right at 5:00 to watch the shoot around. I think Sasha only missed three or four shots during the shoot around. He and Devan just couldn't miss. During the game however Sasha got more and more hunched over on the bench. After he got that fourth foul he look really pissed off at himself, and Brain Shaw told in that the refs were not going to give him that foul call. Shortly there after Ronnie was trying to high five everyone, but Sasha gave him the cold shoulder. I think Sasha went for that lay up because he was just really angry with himself.

By the way during the timeouts and stuff everyone was talking to Kwame in a positive way. It felt like there was a lot of chemistry going on.

Go Lakers.

Re: I'm sorry but.. sasha, you are a moron 
Author: Savory Griddles 
Posted: 03/27 11:50 AM 

[quote="THE_SHOES"][quote="PiPisKobesByatch"]he may be a laker.. but there was absolutely no need to go for the dunk with seconds remaining.

he deserved to get fouled hard like that.

before people get into an uproar, imagine that it was somebody on the other team and they did it to the lakers. i don't blame speedy at all.[/quote]

So let me get this straight Pip. If Speedy would have put Sasha in the hospital that would be just fine with you right?[/quote]

Ah, we can dream can't we?

Author: LTD 
Posted: 03/27 12:15 PM 

Just for the record, the people that have brought up the Butler 3 against us in the blowout win, are leaving out the fact that he HAD to shoot it because the shotclock was about to expire. It's pretty much the norm in the NBA that even if you are up big, you take the shot instead of taking a 24 second violation.

Author: -Yo- 
Posted: 03/27 12:41 PM 

If Sasha really had any gray matter between his ears, he would be studying film and working with shooting coaches to find out what he's doing differently in the game compared to practice. We've heard over and over again that the kid is the best shooter on the team in practice. But it doesn't matter if he continues to brick them in game situations.

He gets enough minutes that he should be over the jitters. Personally I think he gets too hyped up in the games. That, combined with sub-par upper body strength, makes him a poor shooter. Frankly, I think he should try some flat-footed set shots in the game. Why not--he's a GREAT FT shooter and the opponents usually leave him open because there's a 70% chance he'll miss.

I'm tired of hearing that this guy is "so young, just needs more minutes". He turned 22 on March 8. That's old enough to hit a wide-open jumpshot. He has years of pro experience in Europe. Time for him to man up and hit his shots or ship this loser back to UzBRICKistan.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge