LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge

Ronny quote

Ronny quote 
Author: twenty-four-seven 
Posted: 04/17 9:44 AM 

Quote:
But nobody saw it quite like Ronny Turiaf, who says the team is basketball's chicken cacciatore.

Huh?

Really.

"Lamar [Odom] is the chicken," Turiaf said. "Kobe [Bryant] is the carbs. Kwame [Brown] is the parmesan cheese on top to make everything look good. I am the marinara sauce that mixes it all together for Chef Jackson."

I wonder what that makes Smush?

Author: LakersInFour 
Posted: 04/17 9:46 AM 

Smush is the stale bread that you send back because it isn't up to par.

Author: Ozendorph 
Posted: 04/17 9:48 AM 

Link to article?

Ronny is the man.

Author: AJLakerFan 
Posted: 04/17 9:49 AM 

LakersInFour wrote:

LMAO!!! That was a cold shot!!

Author: Texas_Pete 
Posted: 04/17 9:49 AM 

^I believe it was in Laker Times

Author: twenty-four-seven 
Posted: 04/17 9:50 AM 

here you go:

www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-spw-lakeweb17apr17,1,7071331.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Re: Ronny quote 
Author: GailGoodrich25 
Posted: 04/17 9:52 AM 

twenty-four-seven wrote:
Quote:
But nobody saw it quite like Ronny Turiaf, who says the team is basketball's chicken cacciatore.

Huh?

Really.

"Lamar [Odom] is the chicken," Turiaf said. "Kobe [Bryant] is the carbs. Kwame [Brown] is the parmesan cheese on top to make everything look good. I am the marinara sauce that mixes it all together for Chef Jackson."

Smush is what comes out in the end.

Author: Ozendorph 
Posted: 04/17 9:53 AM 

^ appreciated.

Author: Vlade 
Posted: 04/17 10:00 AM 

GailGoodrich25 wrote:
twenty-four-seven wrote:
Quote:

Huh?

Really.

Posted: 04/17 10:00 AM 

AJLakerFan wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

LMAO!!! That was a cold shot!!

I'm sick of Smush. I've been a big supporter of his for a long time, but he really let me down this year. Screw him.

Author: ElginBaylor 
Posted: 04/17 10:14 AM 

Given the opportunity, it seems we can take every thread on this board and turn it into an anti-Smush thread.

IMHO, we might want to back off a bit until after the playoffs as there's still one more chapter yet to be written this season. The drama of the NBA notoriously throws in a few surprise endings before the final page.

Author: ComputerBlue 
Posted: 04/17 10:31 AM 

Smush is clearly the Smustard. Some people like it, some people cant stand it; but in the end you dont really need it.

Posted: 04/17 11:04 AM 

ComputerBlue wrote:
Smush is clearly the Smustard. Some people like it, some people cant stand it; but in the end you dont really need it.

More like the "Smush-tard." And I'm not referring to a condiment.

Author: O'Doyle 
Posted: 04/17 11:46 AM 

GailGoodrich25 wrote:
twenty-four-seven wrote:
Quote:

Huh?

Really.

Author: 21_Blessings 
Posted: 04/17 12:10 PM 

Smush is that excess fat that usually cut off and feed to the dog.

Author: Wino 
Posted: 04/17 12:24 PM 

I thought Smush was the look on someones face after a particularly nasty episode that makes you say: "Dangggg, I don't remember eatin' that!!!!!"

Author: Exick 
Posted: 04/17 12:37 PM 

You guys are letting your hatred of Smush get in the way of a perfectly good food analogy.

Smush is the green bean casserole.
It's a side dish, standing next to the main course.
A few people like it, but everyone else thinks it sucks.
Everything about it suggests that it should be great. Green beans, cheese, milk, soup, potato chips. But when you mix all those ingredients together? Rarely good, usually only if you're starving.
It's always there. No matter what, it's on the table. A million things can go wrong and you'll end up eating KFC for Thanksgiving dinner, but green bean casserole still shows up to the party.
Despite all that, it gets eaten. You have to eat it. All the other stuff is gone and until someone brings out some dessert, that's all there is.

Author: Nixon 
Posted: 04/17 12:39 PM 

Green bean casserole is good! William Parker is the pickled beets.

Author: MIMLaker 
Posted: 04/17 12:47 PM 

Puh-leeze. Parker is the anchovies.

You add him to the main dish to add a little extra flavor, a little hit of something extra.

You try to make him into a main course all by himself, and pretty soon the whole ktichen stinks.

MIM

Author: encina1 
Posted: 04/17 12:49 PM 

ElginBaylor wrote:
Given the opportunity, it seems we can take every thread on this board and turn it into an anti-Smush thread.

IMHO, we might want to back off a bit until after the playoffs as there's still one more chapter yet to be written this season. The drama of the NBA notoriously throws in a few surprise endings before the final page.

Seriously. Like him or not, Smush is still a Lakers for one more regular season game and at the very least 4 playoff games (hopefully more). As long as he is wearing the P&G, I will still support him.

But continuing the food analogy, Smush Parker is like dessert. Sometimes you get dessert, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you get a sundae, other times you are served a block of cheese.

Author: Mindripper2000 
Posted: 04/17 12:57 PM 

GailGoodrich25 wrote:
twenty-four-seven wrote:
Quote:

Huh?

Really.

Thread over.

LakersGround.net To Go | LA Lakers Lounge