LakersGround.net To Go | General Basketball Discussion

Bulls Can Have Pau Gasol If Andres Nocioni Is In The Deal

Bulls Can Have Pau Gasol If Andres Nocioni Is In The Deal 
Author: Lakerfan 4 Life 
Posted: 01/08 11:05 PM 

Quote:
I'm still for Pau Gasol, though I hear the Grizzlies have talked with a number of teams. The hangup with the Bulls appears to be the Grizzlies' interest in Andres Nocioni. I'm not fully sure why, probably less for Nocioni's ability than for what he does for them. But with his base-year status, it may be too difficult to find the right pieces for a deal. I didn't want Randolph or Curry but believe the Bulls could use someone on the inside to at least change the pace of the jump-shooting game. Not to spend all game throwing it in and standing around, but for a change of pace in the game. When you were a kid, didn't they always pick the big guy first in the playground games? There's a reason.

If the Bulls were able to get Gasol: The assumption is the Bulls won't include Deng, whom they wouldn't put in a deal last year. Memphis probably wouldn't want Hinrich, because they have point guards. And they might not want Gordon, because he's up for a contract and they'd have to pay him. So I'd probably ask for some combination of Noah, whom they liked in the draft before taking Conley, Sefolosha, Duhon, Nocioni and a No. 1 pick, though I'm not sure it's doable. If I were Memphis, I'd probably want them to take a bad contract off my hands, which make it even harder to match salaries.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-080107asksamsmith,1,2505662.story

Author: ribeye 
Posted: 01/08 11:22 PM 

Gonna be a hard deal to pull off, especially with Chicago being so leery to trade.

Nocioni and a s/t'ed Gordon (either that or I bet he's gone) for Gasol, Navarro and a #1 might do it.

Author: Socks 
Posted: 01/08 11:40 PM 

Sam Smith dreaming stuff up again...

...but if it were true and the Bulls decided against Gasol because they didn't want to trade Nocioni - they deserve to lose and lose a lot.

Author: Exick 
Posted: 01/08 11:46 PM 

Socks wrote:
Sam Smith dreaming stuff up again...

...but if it were true and the Bulls decided against Gasol because they didn't want to trade Nocioni - they deserve to lose and lose a lot.

Seriously. It was one thing when they were reluctant before the season, but this would be the ultimate in stupidity.

Author: Sniper008 
Posted: 01/09 12:07 AM 

Nocioni or Gasol, seems like a no brainer to me, I can't even comprehend why the Grizz will do the deal, I think they can get better offers for Gasol.

LakersGround.net To Go | General Basketball Discussion