LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic

HELP! My mouse (my cursor) won't move on my laptop

HELP! My mouse (my cursor) won't move on my laptop 
Author: Skate 
Posted: 01/17 7:43 PM 

My cat stood on my keyboard yesterday and now my cursor won't move. It's stuck in one spot. No matter how hard I touch the touchpad on the laptop, the cursor won't move. I don't know what she did to it. She didn't even stand on the touchpad area, she stood on the keyboard. I got a mouse to plug into my usb, so it's working like this, but it's pain, especially when I'm trying to write a paper. It's uncomfortable. Is there anything I can do without taking it in? Does anyone know how to solve this?

Author: C M B 
Posted: 01/17 7:49 PM 

Haha @ your cat killed your mouse.

Posted: 01/17 8:01 PM 

C M B wrote:

although that was kind of funny, but still

Toshiba sucks! Down with Toshiba!

Author: vanexelent 
Posted: 01/17 8:02 PM 

You named your cat Toshiba?

Posted: 01/17 8:17 PM 

vanexelent wrote:
You named your cat Toshiba?

I would never say that about my little Gizmo. And I would never name her after that evil company that produces crap. Gizmo is in time-out because of what she did.

Author: vanexelent 
Posted: 01/17 8:20 PM 

That actually happened to my HP desk top I bought at Costco. The mouse it came with would be recognized for a couple minutes and then just disappear. I just use a usb mouse, like you are doing.

Author: stillmatic 
Posted: 01/17 8:36 PM 

C M B wrote:

skate, my laptop has a button that turns the touchpad off and on...

Does your toshiba have a similar button or maybe a function (combination of two keys hit together?)

If you can't find it, what's the model name of your laptop?

Posted: 01/17 8:42 PM 

vanexelent wrote:
That actually happened to my HP desk top I bought at Costco. The mouse it came with would be recognized for a couple minutes and then just disappear. I just use a usb mouse, like you are doing.

Yeah, it's just not comfortable. I just got used to not using one because of my laptop.

Posted: 01/17 8:48 PM 

stillmatic wrote:
C M B wrote:

skate, my laptop has a button that turns the touchpad off and on...

Does your toshiba have a similar button or maybe a function (combination of two keys hit together?)

If you can't find it, what's the model name of your laptop?

It's loaner that I got from Fry's because my lemon-laptop is being replaced, so in the meantime they gave me a loaner. They told me I can either get a usb mouse or get another loaner for the loaner that I have right now. I'm using a mouse, but I'd rather the fix the problem so that I won't have to use this thing instead. Also, I don't really want to get another loaner because then I'll have to transport everything again onto another computer. It's just annoying.

I'm so bad with computers, I wouldn't even know where the on and off button is for the touchpad. The laptop that I am using is a Toshiba Satellite.

Posted: 01/17 8:54 PM 

Gonna sound silly, but did you try restarting your computer?

If so, try this:

Go to Start, Control Panel

Then go to Mouse and look for anything in there where it says "Disabled", etc...

Posted: 01/17 9:05 PM 

stillmatic wrote:
Gonna sound silly, but did you try restarting your computer?

If so, try this:

Go to Start, Control Panel

Then go to Mouse and look for anything in there where it says "Disabled", etc...

Yeah, I tried restarting an bunch of times and it still doesn't work.

I went into to my settings for my mouse and there was nothing on there that would even allow me to disable my mouse. I don't know what Gizmo did. I think she just may have broken it.

Author: TooCool 
Posted: 01/17 9:24 PM 

Cats are stupid. Sorry about your computer.

Posted: 01/17 9:32 PM 

without being able to see the computer, i'm all out of ideas...

the good news it's just a loaner, just sweat it out

Author: LALdynasty! 
Posted: 01/17 9:38 PM 

This is why guys should never own cats.

Posted: 01/17 9:39 PM 

skate's a girl

Author: Booby 
Posted: 01/18 8:12 AM 

my mouse has a disable button too, you must find it.

LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic