Birdman vs. Rodman

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Birdman vs. Rodman 
Author: Primetime715 
Posted: 05/26 8:26 AM 

That would be a good match up to see.

Author: J.C. Smith 
Posted: 05/26 8:31 AM 

Rodman is a far better player than Anderson. Rodman was a lock down defender, where Anderson is just a shot blocker. Rodman was the best rebounder since Moses Malone, Anderson is a good energy guy. They are similar in that they have a rock star type of persona, and provide high energy. But Anderson is like Rodman on welfare.

Author: KobeDunk 
Posted: 05/26 8:32 AM 

oh my!!! Rodman was arguably the best rebounder ever especially for his size + he was a top notch defender througout his career. Comparing Anderson to Rodman is like saying Vince Carter is better than Jordan was.

Author: mike_dee23 
Posted: 05/26 8:33 AM 

Are you kidding me? Rodman was a GREAT defender and GREAT rebounder. Anderson is a hustle player who would be ineffective if the Lakers decided to put a body on him.

Author: davidse 
Posted: 05/26 8:42 AM 

he's more of a salley than a rodman

Author: LakersMD 
Posted: 05/26 8:44 AM 

Wow.

Author: LA_Lakers_Rule 
Posted: 05/26 8:45 AM 

There is no comparison Rodman wins hands down... yes they both play a similar game but Birdman is Rodman VERY LIGHT!!

Rodman was "elite"... Birdman is a good "roll" player... HUGE difference...

Re: Birdman vs. Rodman 
Author: Los_Lakers_1218 
Posted: 05/26 8:45 AM 

Can we lock this pathetic attempt at a retarded thread?
Seriously, Rodman was a starter on a 6 time championship team, "Birdman" not even close.
How do you even get the idea to compare "Birdman" to Rodman?

Im interested in knowing that, so I'll be waiting for your answere

Posted: 05/26 8:51 AM 

davidse wrote:
he's more of a salley than a rodman

Good catch David... I totally agree... John Salley is a much better comparison...

... as far as what Rodman did best which is rebounding and defense he was in a league of his own at the same age that Birdman is now... Birdman can hold his own in shot blocking to a large extent compared to Rodman but Rodman was 3x's the rebounder and defender that Birdman is...

Author: Dumhead 
Posted: 05/26 8:53 AM 

It's only ridiculous if the argument is being made that birdman is on the same basketball level as rodman... which is ludicrous. but all the same, the matchup would be fun, because you'd see two crazies in all their wackiness going at each other. birdman would get owned. but still. it would be fun.

Posted: 05/26 8:56 AM 

Los_Lakers_1218 wrote:
Seriously, Rodman was a starter on a 6 time championship team, "Birdman" not even close.

Take it easy... yes the two players are worlds apparent in talent no question... but they did play similar type games... low scoring... focusing on rebounding, shot blocking and defense...

No question the Worm was clearly hands down the better player at the same age Birdman is now to the extent that Rodman was minimally 3x's the rebounder and defender that Birdman is BUT there STYLE OF PLAY IS SIMILAR... I think that is to an extent the point of the thread... the fact that Rodman would dominate the heck out of Birdman does not change the fact that their style of play is similar...

Posted: 05/26 8:56 AM 

What's funny is all the hero treatment for Anderson (please stop calling him Birdman)... this is a fool who was suspended from the NBA for TWO years because of drug use. And the kids in Denver look up to him? Rodman was never busted for drugs, but was villainized by the league and by the media for his weird behavior.

Author: Nahtanoj 
Posted: 05/26 8:58 AM 

lock this thread?

how about ban the guy... ffs

Posted: 05/26 9:04 AM 

Los_Lakers_1218 wrote:

Oh and I would add to my post above... the difference between the two is on the basis of talent and NOT 6x championship team!!

Switch the circumstances around and put Birdman on that same team that Rodman was on and using your reasoning you'd then have to argue that a large extent that Birdman was better on the basis that he had more rings...

... after all there are other players on a BB team and I'd have to say that the Bulls with Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Grant etc would have still probably won close to SIX TITLES with Birdman instead of Rodman...

SO I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE THAT MUCH REGARDING THE REFERENCE TO "6 TIME CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM"!!

The two players are worlds apart on the basis of talent... is the point!

Author: Trey 
Posted: 05/26 9:09 AM 

mike_dee23 wrote:
What's funny is all the hero treatment for Anderson (please stop calling him Birdman)... this is a fool who was suspended from the NBA for TWO years because of drug use. And the kids in Denver look up to him? Rodman was never busted for drugs, but was villainized by the league and by the media for his weird behavior.

Come on yall... The man beat his addiction ... he fought through it and came out a better person..

Author: 2The4th 
Posted: 05/26 9:10 AM 

Seeing Rodman rebound is an amazing experience. The guy can double jump his opponent and still get the ball. I don't know if it is a skill or a physical gift.

The guy is the GREATEST rebounder of all time.

Posted: 05/26 9:16 AM 

2The4th wrote:
Seeing Rodman rebound is an amazing experience. The guy can double jump his opponent and still get the ball. I don't know if it is a skill or a physical gift.

Yep... especially considering his size and the fact he was NOT a center... I'd totally agree with all of that in mind...

Author: Trey 
Posted: 05/26 9:17 AM 

2The4th wrote:

And a tough mofo on the court.. getting in anyones grill.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD5rA5z_u1Q&feature=related

I see him getting into it with
Shaq
Ewing
Malone
Larry Johnson
and more.. and flying into the rows of people to tray and save the ball

Author: LoveLA 
Posted: 05/26 9:22 AM 

Birdman vs Rodman... it sound good but it has no credit at all.
Rodman is one of the best defender of all time. Rodman was a smart players. He was a starter not off the bench like Birdman. He guarded the best of the opposing team from Karl Malone, Shaq O'neal, Tim Duncan, etc... He played so physical that his mind game can throw you off your games. We don't see that anymore.
Go get some of the old tape to see Shaq pounding Rodman's chest to back him off.

Author: gill2k 
Posted: 05/26 9:47 AM 

Rodman would eat Birdman then chew him out and then regurgitate him. Boards? Rodman has a knack and this uncanny ability to know how the ball will bounce off the rim and be at the right place at the right time. Defense? Who has Birdman gone up against that he has locked down? Pau easily owns him in the post. Rodman has gone toe to toe with Malone with much success.

Author: LALdynasty! 
Posted: 05/26 10:07 AM 

dont even

Posted: 05/26 10:12 AM 

Trey wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:

Come on yall... The man beat his addiction ... he fought through it and came out a better person..

You're right... I don't mean it to be (bleep), but I just can't believe that he's treated like a hero in Colorado, but Rodman was treated like crap because he's a weirdo.

Author: najim 
Posted: 05/26 10:33 AM 

and this ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you don't help the helper. Chris Freaking Anderson gets compared to Dennis Rodman. The dude has energy and flies around the court, I give him that. But all his buckets and offensive boards come off wide open layups or clear boards, created by dribble penetration. The inability of the wing players to stop the Nuggets guards from getting in the lane causing the Lakers Bigs to come out and help, and without getting the backup the Bigs need from the rest of the team, Chris Anderson looks like an All-Star.

I will say this, the Lakers are making Chris Anderson look like Rodman, and that's just sad.

Author: Runway8 
Posted: 05/26 10:44 AM 

His nickname shouldn't be Birdman, it should be Invisible Man because these Lakers won't put a body on him, won't box him out, it's like they can't see him.

Author: frijolero01 
Posted: 05/26 11:44 AM 

Rodman would make Andersen his girlfriend.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | General Basketball Discussion