LakersGround.net To Go | NBA Draft


Pre-Draft Measurements

Pre-Draft Measurements 
Author: LakersMD 
Posted: 05/29 11:10 AM 
 
LINK:DX.com

Some Highlights:

Blake Griffin 6'10" in shoes, 6'11.25" wingspan, 8'9" standing reach

Tyler Hansbrough 6'9.5" in shoes, 6'11.5" wingspan, 8'10" standing reach

Sam Young 6'6.75" in shoes, 6'10.75" wingspan, 8'9.5" standing reach

DeJuan Blair 6'6.5" in shoes, 7'2" wingspan, 8'10.5" standing reach

Terrence Williams 6'6.25" in shoes, 6'9" wingspan, 8'7.5" standing reach

James Harden 6'5.25" in shoes, 6'10.75" wingspan, 8'7.5" standing reach

Wayne Ellington 6'5.25" in shoes, 6'6.5" wingspan, 8'4" standing reach

Gerald Henderson 6'5" in shoes, 6'10.25" wingspan, 8'6.5" standing reach

Jrue Holiday 6'4.25" in shoes, 6'7" wingspan, 8'4.5" standing reach

Marcus Thornton 6'3.75" in shoes, 6'5" wingspan, 8'3" standing reach

Rodrigue Beaubois 6'2.25" in shoes, 6'9" wingspan, 8'4" standing reach

Toney Douglas 6'2" in shoes, 6'6" wingspan, 8'1.5" standing reach

Darren Collison 6'1.5" in shoes, 6'3" wingspan, 8'0.5" standing reach

Patrick Mills 6'0.5" in shoes, 6'2" wingspan, 7'11" standing reach

Ty Lawson 6'0.5" in shoes, 6'0.75" wingspan, 7'10.5" standing reach

Drills have not been done yet. I will update.


 
Author: ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 
Posted: 05/29 11:28 AM 
 
This put to rest the myth that Griffin is not 6'10. He's got good height and a good wingspan.... Blair is helped out by his huge wingspan, however the name Ike Diogu comes to mind- hopefully he turns out more like Mislap or Maxwell... Im kinda surprised by Hansbrough's height, I think his stock went up... Jrue Holiday has nice measurables... Beaubois wingspan is Rondoesque... Collisons, Mills, and Lawson's measurables are a tad disappointing...


 
Author: LuciusAllen 
Posted: 05/29 11:31 AM 
 
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
This put to rest the myth that Griffin is not 6'10. He's got good height and a good wingspan.... Blair is helped out by his huge wingspan, however the name Ike Diogu comes to mind- hopefully he turns out more like Mislap or Maxwell... Im kinda surprised by Hansbrough's height, I think his stock went up... Jrue Holiday has nice measurables... Beaubois wingspan is Rondoesque... Collisons, Mills, and Lawson's measurables are a tad disappointing...

Actually, Griffin's wingspan is sort of middling. If anything, it's surprising to me how close Griffin and Hansbrough are in height and wingspan.


 
Author: Fan0Bynum17 
Posted: 05/29 11:35 AM 
 
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
This put to rest the myth that Griffin is not 6'10. He's got good height and a good wingspan.... Blair is helped out by his huge wingspan, however the name Ike Diogu comes to mind- hopefully he turns out more like Mislap or Maxwell... Im kinda surprised by Hansbrough's height, I think his stock went up... Jrue Holiday has nice measurables... Beaubois wingspan is Rondoesque... Collisons, Mills, and Lawson's measurables are a tad disappointing...


Griffin's wingspan is not really that good, and looking at his poor standing reach, a lot of his wingspan has to do with his body width rather than his actual arm length.


 
Author: numero-ocho 
Posted: 05/29 3:31 PM 
 
LuciusAllen wrote:

Actually, Griffin's wingspan is sort of middling. If anything, it's surprising to me how close Griffin and Hansbrough are in height and wingspan.


Dang! Take a look at Taj Gibson's wingspan! Same height as Griffin but wingspan is 5 inches longer. Second longest after Thabeet.

Dude's got some shin scratchers.

When do they measure hops, strength, agility, etc.?


 
Author: JUST-MING 
Posted: 05/29 4:20 PM 
 
Gerald Henderson 6'5" in shoes, 6'10.25" wingspan, 8'6.5" standing reach


 
Author: Freakout 
Posted: 05/29 4:55 PM 
 
Sam Young 6'6.75" in shoes, 6'10.75" wingspan, 8'9.5" standing reach

There is my guy.


 
Author: 24 
Posted: 05/29 5:38 PM 
 
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
This put to rest the myth that Griffin is not 6'10. He's got good height and a good wingspan.... Blair is helped out by his huge wingspan, however the name Ike Diogu comes to mind- hopefully he turns out more like Mislap or Maxwell... Im kinda surprised by Hansbrough's height, I think his stock went up... Jrue Holiday has nice measurables... Beaubois wingspan is Rondoesque... Collisons, Mills, and Lawson's measurables are a tad disappointing...


Actually, he's 6-8 1/2, about where many of us suspected. Also pretty lousy wingspan relative to height.


 
Author: kaoss128 
Posted: 05/29 6:40 PM 
 
I'm glad to see Hansbrough measured out to be 6'9.5". He definitely locked up a 1st round pick there.


 
Author: limchrc 
Posted: 05/29 9:58 PM 
 
Seems like Terrence Williams' stock is going down. Maybe we can trade up and steal this guy.


 
Author: LakersMD 
Posted: 05/29 11:40 PM 
 
Some more from DX.com. I have no affiliation with the site, but I just want to say what an incredible resource it is.

Quote:
Blake Griffin measured out well from a height perspective, but he doesnít appear to have great length at all. His standing reach and wingspan are both far below average for a power forward, which likely helps explain why he is such an unimposing defender and shot-blocker. In fact, amongst the 42 power forwards in our database who were selected as top-15 picks, Griffin is just a quarter of an inch from ranking dead last in the wingspan category, and an inch from ranking dead last in standing reach. Yikes.


Quote:
Stephen Curry has similar size to Jerryd Bayless. His height isnít the biggest issue here, as he came out quite solid at over 6-3 in shoes, but his extremely low standing reach and wingspan are. Since we started compiling wingspans, the only successful two guards in the league with a wingspan so small have been Allen Iverson and Monta Ellis. See how he ranks amongst point guards for yourself. Itís understandable now why so many scouts consider him to be a potential defensive liability in the NBA.


Quote:
Jonny Flynnís obviously measured out small, but many guards who can get into the lane at will have had similar measurements such as T.J. Ford and Chris Paul whom both measured out a bit smaller on the whole. Flynn, Patrick Mills and Ty Lawson are all similarly sized to Allen Iverson, Raymond Felton and Jameer Nelson, and are bigger than Aaron Brooks. See how they stack up here.


Quote:
Tyler Hansbrough may get the most out of the measurement process. For a guy often accused of being 6í7, he measured in at nearly identical size across the board to Blake Griffin. Hansbrough is half an inch bigger than the player he likes to compare himself to in David Lee, with a wingspan and standing reach half an inch shorter. He should have no problem as far as his size is concerned at the power forward position in the NBA.


Much more here: LINK


 
Author: goldenpurple 
Posted: 05/30 5:02 PM 
 
I think the fact Griffin has an underwhelming wingspan makes it all the more amzing he can tough 12'5 on backboard- King James and Superman territory. I think Blake is the real deal and then some- of course I'm a bit biased- I live walking distance from the Lloyd Noble Center (OU's bbALL ARENA)


 
Author: LakersMD 
Posted: 06/03 1:20 PM 
 
Athletic testing results are up:

LINK: DX.com

Top 5 (surprises in bold):
PG Vert - Flynn 40, Beaubois 39, Teague 36.5, Lawson 36.5, Curry 35.5
PG Agility - Collison 10.45, Beaubois 10.49, Douglas 10.63, Holiday 10.64, Maynor 10.78
PG Sprint - Douglas 3.03, Collison 3.1, Mills 3.1, Lawson 3.12, Beaubois 3.15

SG Vert - Ellington 38, Taylor 37.5, Williams 37, Meeks 37, Harden 37
SG Agility - McNeal 10.61, Thornton 10.73, Christmas 10.83, Meeks 10.96, Harden 11.1
SG Sprint - Meeks 3.1, Harden 3.13, Henderson 3.14, Evans 3.17, Williams 3.18

SF Vert - Budinger 38.5, DeRozan 38.5, James 37, Brown 35.5, Johnson 35
SF Agility - Ingles 10.66, Smith 10.69, Summers 10.94, Budinger 11.08, Casspi 11.15
SF Sprint - James 3.09, Brown 3.13, Summers 3.17, Johnson 3.23, Smith 3.24

PF Vert - Griffin 35.5, Cunningham 35, Hill 35, Pendergraph 35, Lawal 34.5
PF Bench - Harangody 23, Griffin 22, Blair 18, Hansbrough 18, Lawal 17
PF Agility - Griffin 10.95, Hansbrough 11.12, Harangody 11.15, Clark 11.17, Cunningham 11.18
PF Sprint - Pendergraph 3.14, Cunningham 3.26, Hansbrough 3.27, Griffin 3.28, Hill 3.3

C - Only Mullens tested

Overall it looks like Stephen Curry helped himself the most at the combine. James Harden tested out more athletic than previously thought. Toney Douglas showed surprising speed and agility. Derrick Brown may have helped himself. Hansbrough did pretty well. Griffin did as expected. Ellington surprised with his vert. Henderson tested out worse than expected. And Daye had the worst showing of them all.


 
Author: Laker Lurker 
Posted: 06/03 4:18 PM 
 
LakersMD wrote:
Athletic testing results are up:

LINK: DX.com

Top 5 (surprises in bold):
PG Vert - Flynn 40, Beaubois 39, Teague 36.5, Lawson 36.5, Curry 35.5
PG Agility - Collison 10.45, Beaubois 10.49, Douglas 10.63, Holiday 10.64, Maynor 10.78
PG Sprint - Douglas 3.03, Collison 3.1, Mills 3.1, Lawson 3.12, Beaubois 3.15

SG Vert - Ellington 38, Taylor 37.5, Williams 37, Meeks 37, Harden 37
SG Agility - McNeal 10.61, Thornton 10.73, Christmas 10.83, Meeks 10.96, Harden 11.1
SG Sprint - Meeks 3.1, Harden 3.13, Henderson 3.14, Evans 3.17, Williams 3.18

SF Vert - Budinger 38.5, DeRozan 38.5, James 37, Brown 35.5, Johnson 35
SF Agility - Ingles 10.66, Smith 10.69, Summers 10.94, Budinger 11.08, Casspi 11.15
SF Sprint - James 3.09, Brown 3.13, Summers 3.17, Johnson 3.23, Smith 3.24

PF Vert - Griffin 35.5, Cunningham 35, Hill 35, Pendergraph 35, Lawal 34.5
PF Bench - Harangody 23, Griffin 22, Blair 18, Hansbrough 18, Lawal 17
PF Agility - Griffin 10.95, Hansbrough 11.12, Harangody 11.15, Clark 11.17, Cunningham 11.18
PF Sprint - Pendergraph 3.14, Cunningham 3.26, Hansbrough 3.27, Griffin 3.28, Hill 3.3

C - Only Mullens tested

Overall it looks like Stephen Curry helped himself the most at the combine. James Harden tested out more athletic than previously thought. Toney Douglas showed surprising speed and agility. Derrick Brown may have helped himself. Hansbrough did pretty well. Griffin did as expected. Ellington surprised with his vert. Henderson tested out worse than expected. And Daye had the worst showing of them all.



How does Shannons stats compare to those PGs? I think he has them beat on vert- how about the other stats?


 
Author: LakersMD 
Posted: 06/05 9:17 PM 
 
Laker Lurker wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Athletic testing results are up:

LINK: DX.com

Top 5 (surprises in bold):
PG Vert - Flynn 40, Beaubois 39, Teague 36.5, Lawson 36.5, Curry 35.5
PG Agility - Collison 10.45, Beaubois 10.49, Douglas 10.63, Holiday 10.64, Maynor 10.78
PG Sprint - Douglas 3.03, Collison 3.1, Mills 3.1, Lawson 3.12, Beaubois 3.15

SG Vert - Ellington 38, Taylor 37.5, Williams 37, Meeks 37, Harden 37
SG Agility - McNeal 10.61, Thornton 10.73, Christmas 10.83, Meeks 10.96, Harden 11.1
SG Sprint - Meeks 3.1, Harden 3.13, Henderson 3.14, Evans 3.17, Williams 3.18

SF Vert - Budinger 38.5, DeRozan 38.5, James 37, Brown 35.5, Johnson 35
SF Agility - Ingles 10.66, Smith 10.69, Summers 10.94, Budinger 11.08, Casspi 11.15
SF Sprint - James 3.09, Brown 3.13, Summers 3.17, Johnson 3.23, Smith 3.24

PF Vert - Griffin 35.5, Cunningham 35, Hill 35, Pendergraph 35, Lawal 34.5
PF Bench - Harangody 23, Griffin 22, Blair 18, Hansbrough 18, Lawal 17
PF Agility - Griffin 10.95, Hansbrough 11.12, Harangody 11.15, Clark 11.17, Cunningham 11.18
PF Sprint - Pendergraph 3.14, Cunningham 3.26, Hansbrough 3.27, Griffin 3.28, Hill 3.3

C - Only Mullens tested

Overall it looks like Stephen Curry helped himself the most at the combine. James Harden tested out more athletic than previously thought. Toney Douglas showed surprising speed and agility. Derrick Brown may have helped himself. Hansbrough did pretty well. Griffin did as expected. Ellington surprised with his vert. Henderson tested out worse than expected. And Daye had the worst showing of them all.



How does Shannons stats compare to those PGs? I think he has them beat on vert- how about the other stats?


DX.com's database does not have Shannon Brown listed for whatever reason.

FWIW, Jordan Farmar measured at vert: 42, agility: 11.07, sprint: 3.17


 
Author: ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 
Posted: 06/05 9:22 PM 
 
I remember when Farmar posted those numbers. Everyone was shocked and surprised because you would have never thought that when you saw him play...


 
Author: LakersFTW 
Posted: 06/05 9:25 PM 
 
Pendergraph looks really solid

take him with our 1st?


 
Author: JUST-MING 
Posted: 06/05 9:31 PM 
 
HEARD BLAIR HAS BAD KNEES.


 
Author: LakersFTW 
Posted: 06/05 9:34 PM 
 
JUST-MING wrote:
HEARD BLAIR HAS BAD KNEES.


How bad? Greg Oden bad?


 
Author: JUST-MING 
Posted: 06/05 9:44 PM 
 
LakersFTW wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
HEARD BLAIR HAS BAD KNEES.


How bad? Greg Oden bad?




SOURCE: ESPN INSIDER

ē On the downside, Pittsburgh's DeJuan Blair has to be bummed. Blair looked solid in the drills and really impressed teams with his weight loss and tone. He also measured short, but his wingspan, standing reach and his athletic abilities made up for much of it.

However, the news became much grimmer for Blair when the results of the medical testing came back. Multiple NBA teams are saying Blair's knees have been red-flagged.

Blair tore both of his ACLs in high school, and the preliminary word from the physicals is that his knees aren't in great shape.

How bad they are depends on who you talk to, but the range wasn't good. I heard everything from "devastating" to "troubling."

Blair's agent, Happy Walters, doesn't feel words like "devastating" are accurate in describing the report he saw.


 
Author: Vishnu 
Posted: 06/05 10:16 PM 
 
How do they measure the vertical? is it off 2 feet or 1? do they get a running start?


 
Author: Mike@LG 
Posted: 06/05 10:25 PM 
 
Vishnu wrote:
How do they measure the vertical? is it off 2 feet or 1? do they get a running start?


There's a no step vert and a 2 step vert.

LakersGround.net To Go | NBA Draft