LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic

Limbaugh in bid to buy Rams

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Author: Nudizl_Forshizl 
Posted: 10/10 3:16 AM 

"It's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association," he said. "Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling 'em teams. Call 'em gangs."

"You just gotta be who you are, and I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs. You have the Laker Gang, you have the Heat Gang, you have a Timberwolf Gang [distortions of official team names], and let 'em strap up out there, and let 'em market their CDs. Instead of selling concessions, sell CDs out there at the concession stand."

"All the players get involved in this, and if a fight breaks out, hey, it's what happens! It's what happens with gangs, and if a cop gets bloodied, you know, that's a bonus for the gang member that pulls that off, and let the fans, you know, go in knowingly. They're going in to watch the Crips and the Bloods out there wherever the neighborhood is where the arena happens to be, and be who you are."

"...and that comes right out of the hip-hop culture, and it's not just that. You look at NBA players and the uniforms, you don't have to go back very far. The uniforms have changed totally. They're now in gang colors. They are in gang styles."

Posted: 10/10 3:18 AM 

on topic, it's hard to disagree with CBSSports.com' Mike Freeman:

"Limbaugh is a pungent bowl of stark-raving bigoted lunacy. He would be a dream to cover. It would be better than making love to Halle Berry.

But for the NFL, Limbaugh as an owner would be as comfortable as a colonoscopy with a periscope. It would be one of the great nightmares for the sport.

The league has made significant strides in putting its horrid racial past behind it. The NFL isn’t perfect on the issues of ethnicity, but it tries.

Allowing Limbaugh, who plays the song parody 'Barack the Magic Negro' on his radio show, a seat at the owner’s table would instantly undermine everything the NFL has worked decades to accomplish."

Author: TACH 
Posted: 10/10 3:35 AM 

Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
on topic, it's hard to disagree with CBSSports.com' Mike Freeman:

"Limbaugh is a pungent bowl of stark-raving bigoted lunacy. He would be a dream to cover. It would be better than making love to Halle Berry.

But for the NFL, Limbaugh as an owner would be as comfortable as a colonoscopy with a periscope. It would be one of the great nightmares for the sport.

The league has made significant strides in putting its horrid racial past behind it. The NFL isn’t perfect on the issues of ethnicity, but it tries.

Allowing Limbaugh, who plays the song parody 'Barack the Magic Negro' on his radio show, a seat at the owner’s table would instantly undermine everything the NFL has worked decades to accomplish."
Better than making love to Halle Berry? No way bro!!! Not yesterday, not today, not tomorrow!!!!

But I agree with his point, there's no place in the NFL for a racist like Rush...

Author: 20,000 
Posted: 10/10 4:42 AM 

Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
A lot of people must be bored if they have enough time to dwell on the political views of a potential sports owner.

Oh no the Wizards owner is a Democrat! Time to throw a hissy fit!!!

Hhmmm...people must be bored if they are posting on LG in a thread about bored people who are taking the time to post about the political views of a potential sports owner.

This has nothing to do with the political leanings of a potential sports owner and all to do with the douchiness that is Rush Limbaugh.

Thankfully I knew not to hold my breath waiting for an intelligent reply.

Nothing in your post could be perceived as intelligent, thus receiving a similar reply. No, your post was nothing but pure condescension, that everyone is beneath you. Your reply smacks of the same douchiness that is normally reserved for Rush. I can see why you would feel the need to defend him.

Author: Wilt 
Posted: 10/10 5:10 AM 

No one can deny that he's made many racist comments. This is beyond politics. The guy is either a racist in his heart or simply plays one on the radio to satisfy a significant part of his audience. To me, it makes no difference.

Author: LuxuryBrown 
Posted: 10/10 6:50 AM 

Lakers_2000 wrote:
A lot of people must be bored if they have enough time to dwell on the political views of a potential sports owner.

Then there are those that aren't familiar with Rash's socio-political views...or are just acting like they aren't for other obvious reasons...

Author: Lakers_2000 
Posted: 10/10 4:08 PM 

encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:

Hhmmm...people must be bored if they are posting on LG in a thread about bored people who are taking the time to post about the political views of a potential sports owner.

This has nothing to do with the political leanings of a potential sports owner and all to do with the douchiness that is Rush Limbaugh.

Nothing in your post could be perceived as intelligent, thus receiving a similar reply. No, your post was nothing but pure condescension, that everyone is beneath you. Your reply smacks of the same douchiness that is normally reserved for Rush. I can see why you would feel the need to defend him.

My point was perfectly clear, at least to anyone not blinded by their intolerance - that the political views of sports owners or potential sports owners is beyond irrelevant. Abe Pollin who owns or used to own the Wizards is a Democrat. Senator Herb Kohl, who owns or used to own the Bucks, is a Democrat. You couldn't find the last time someone actually gave a damn. I sure don't.

This is sports, not politics. Rush's views have no bearing on whether he'd be a better Rams co-owner than the current bunch. Well, at least to those whose political intolerance doesn't run multiple aspects of their lives.

I can understand why you have to resort to personal attacks against me. It's my own fault for trying to have a reasoned discussion with a group of intolerant liberals. So fire away with another witty attack against me personally rather than attempt to explain why we should actually care about the political views of a sports owner.

Posted: 10/10 4:37 PM 

^^ I don't think anybody has a problem with him being a conservative (hell, Dubya was the owner of the Rangers, nobody cared),... the problem people have with Rush is, he's a (bleep) RACSIT!!

As for your claim to wanting to have a 'reasoned discussion', if that was your intent, don't start off by saying:

Quote:

That's not how you started a 'reasoned discussion'.

Also in regards to Rush being an owner in the NFL, some players have already spoken out:

Quote:
Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team. Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host. "All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

New York Daily News

Rush racist comments makes it an issue for discussion.

Author: lakersfreak 
Posted: 10/10 5:23 PM 

People scream racist so much it doesn't mean anything anymore

Say poo-poo head, it will have more impact

Posted: 10/10 5:35 PM 

lakersfreak wrote:

However in this case, it happens to be true.... :rolleyes:

Author: n9c 
Posted: 10/10 5:41 PM 

Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
"It's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association," he said. "Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling 'em teams. Call 'em gangs."

"You just gotta be who you are, and I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs. You have the Laker Gang, you have the Heat Gang, you have a Timberwolf Gang [distortions of official team names], and let 'em strap up out there, and let 'em market their CDs. Instead of selling concessions, sell CDs out there at the concession stand."

"All the players get involved in this, and if a fight breaks out, hey, it's what happens! It's what happens with gangs, and if a cop gets bloodied, you know, that's a bonus for the gang member that pulls that off, and let the fans, you know, go in knowingly. They're going in to watch the Crips and the Bloods out there wherever the neighborhood is where the arena happens to be, and be who you are."

"...and that comes right out of the hip-hop culture, and it's not just that. You look at NBA players and the uniforms, you don't have to go back very far. The uniforms have changed totally. They're now in gang colors. They are in gang styles."

When did that clown say this? I must have missed it. Was it right after the Artest-Wallace thing?

Author: lakersfreak 
Posted: 10/10 5:59 PM 

TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

I would be more concerned about someone who went to 20 years of racist, oops, poo-poo head, rantings at a church than a talk show host.

3...2...1...racist

Posted: 10/10 6:12 PM 

lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

I would be more concerned about someone who went to 20 years of racist, oops, poo-poo head, rantings at a church than a talk show host.

3...2...1...racist
But that guy is not buying a n NFL team, which is what THIS thread is about... stop deflecting, face facts... Rush is a racist, or as you so intelligently put it 'poo poo head'...

Posted: 10/10 7:03 PM 

Tach, you'd deflect too if your hero was a racist, loose-stooled opiate addict.

It's a defense mechanism, give the freak a break.

Posted: 10/10 7:48 PM 

Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:

My point was perfectly clear, at least to anyone not blinded by their intolerance - that the political views of sports owners or potential sports owners is beyond irrelevant. Abe Pollin who owns or used to own the Wizards is a Democrat. Senator Herb Kohl, who owns or used to own the Bucks, is a Democrat. You couldn't find the last time someone actually gave a damn. I sure don't.

This is sports, not politics. Rush's views have no bearing on whether he'd be a better Rams co-owner than the current bunch. Well, at least to those whose political intolerance doesn't run multiple aspects of their lives.

I can understand why you have to resort to personal attacks against me. It's my own fault for trying to have a reasoned discussion with a group of intolerant liberals. So fire away with another witty attack against me personally rather than attempt to explain why we should actually care about the political views of a sports owner.

Ah! Now it makes sense as to why you're defending a racist. The truth is, your intention wasn't ever to have an "intelligent convo" with anyone in here...you just wanted to voice your support for racist Rush. At least be real enough to admit your agenda.

Posted: 10/10 7:50 PM 

TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

3...2...1...racist
But that guy is not buying a n NFL team, which is what THIS thread is about... stop deflecting, face facts... Rush is a racist, or as you so intelligently put it 'poo poo head'...

Tach...wasting your time, playa...trust and believe!

Author: ocho 
Posted: 10/10 9:21 PM 

It's funny that when supporters of this racist can't defend his racism, they attack the assumed politics of the other poster. What does politics have to do with this thread or this discussion at all? Nobody was trashing him for being a conservative. They were trashing him for being a bigot.

Posted: 10/10 9:23 PM 

ocho wrote:
It's funny that when supporters of this racist can't defend his racism, they attack the assumed politics of the other poster. What does politics have to do with this thread or this discussion at all? Nobody was trashing him for being a conservative. They were trashing him for being a bigot.

Exactly.

Posted: 10/11 3:08 AM 

Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:
encina1 wrote:
Lakers_2000 wrote:

Ironic, isn't it, that a defender of Rush is calling someone else intolerant.

Telling that any disagreement with you is considered a "personal attack."

Not at all surprising that you paint a broad stroke with your brush by assuming anyone is liberal without knowing anyone's political leanings. Oh, wait, you don't need to know that because you already "know" enough?

The point of most people's discussions here was to make fun of Rush, a person who puts himself out in the public eye with a character he wants to push. So it makes sense to just ignore that? Do you really think Rush wants to be ignored?

I just find it funny that you come in to this thread and make it about you by attacking others, so when someone notes this you lash out with cries of "personal attacks" and "intolerant liberals" and you get defensive about being called out. However, I, unlike you, will not make any generalizations about you and make any assumptions about who you are or how you may think. I am responding to what you are actually writing, not what I perceive about you.

Back to Rush, if he were owner, can he really come down on any of his players if they are caught using performance enhancing drugs? Wouldn't it be hypocritical of him, or does he get some sort of pass for his "cabbage" dependencies?

Author: CandyCanes 
Posted: 10/11 3:25 AM 

Omg. We got the bronze on Countdown with Keith Olbermann, guys. Apparently, we shouldn't care about it.

But Keith will have to cover Limbaugh since he does FootBall Night in America.

Rush Limbaugh, today's Worst Person in the NFL?

Author: venturalakersfan 
Posted: 10/11 4:50 AM 

CandyCanes wrote:

Rush Limbaugh, today's Worst Person in the NFL?

Not as long as Leonard Little is still around.

Author: n9c 
Posted: 10/11 5:10 AM 

lakersfreak wrote:
TACH wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

3...2...1...racist

Jeremiah Wright? Is he buying an NFL team? I'm not a fan of his, actually, and you'd need to be quite the coward(like Jeremiah Wright), to say what he said about Italians with no Italians present.

Quote:
"The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."

Italians looked down on a bunch of people believing in a Space God with no proof? Color me proud of the Romans.

But then again, I didn't vote for Wright, I voted for Obama. But Wright is not buying a team. If he actually did try to buy an Italian team, say an Italian soccer team, I can guarantee you that he would DIE before the sale was completed, if he ever stepped on Italian soil. You don't shat all over Italians and get away with it.

Now Rush wants to buy a team that has players of an ethnic background that he continuously shats all over, I can see the frustration, can't you?

Posted: 10/11 6:54 PM 

The NFL also must be full of intolerant liberals:

NFL Players Union against Rush's bid to buy Rams

Quote:
NFL Players executive director DeMaurice Smith on Saturday made a move to solidify the union against a bid by conservative talk show radio host Rush Limbaugh as part of a group that aims to purchase the St. Louis Rams.

In an e-mail to the union's executive committee on Saturday specifically addressing Limbaugh's bid, Smith said, "I've spoken to the Commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages. But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."
(my emphasis)

Author: JerryMagicKobe 
Posted: 10/11 9:10 PM 

And that is the heart of the matter. Not Rush's politics or whether he is any more racist than any other owner, but that public comments made on more than one occasion including one that specifically impacted the NFL and their broadcast partner that resulted in Rush's dismissal. The NFL can not allow Rush to have the power of employment over many players who feel slighted as a general group as well as one player who was specifically singled out because of his race. Sports has historically pushed forward race relations and equality, basing their decisions on competition and achievement. The NFL has gotten past most issues of discrimination - the 'black quarterback' issue most recently, and is now tackling the 'black coach' and 'black executive' issues (among other things of course), and I doubt anyone would choose Rush as a leader (or follower) in that effort. Bringing in Rush would at the very least give the impression of taking a step backwards.

Author: venturalakersfan 
Posted: 10/11 10:13 PM 

encina1 wrote:
The NFL also must be full of intolerant liberals:

NFL Players Union against Rush's bid to buy Rams

Quote:
NFL Players executive director DeMaurice Smith on Saturday made a move to solidify the union against a bid by conservative talk show radio host Rush Limbaugh as part of a group that aims to purchase the St. Louis Rams.

In an e-mail to the union's executive committee on Saturday specifically addressing Limbaugh's bid, Smith said, "I've spoken to the Commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages. But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."
(my emphasis)

That might be impressive if the NFL did reject discrimination, but it doesn't, it promotes it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | Off Topic