Garnett update thread (KG Thread Winding Down, RSVP for the Summer 2012...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 190, 191, 192  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
I can't decide if it's arrogance or ignorance that makes people believe that McHale and Ainge are scheming to screw the Lakers without regard to their own teams. Seriously guys, it's not always all about us.
hmm.. same can be said for yourself, could it not?
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
So, the 3 ex-Celtics just want to screw the Lakers at the expense of their onw franchises?

the word "(bleep)" came from celtic
you know, usually I would tend to agree with the "others" but come on, they got offered a better deal from the Lakers. They are getting shunned, this wouldnt be the 1st time this has happened between teams.
HawkeyeJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I think the situation is Lurch wants to put it to the Lakers for years to come. Think about it from his point of view.

He has a major part in setting the Laker franchise back 10 yrs. He sends KG to PHX, gets crap in return, but gets the last laugh cause LA then ends up having to trade KB and rebuild. No way the Lakers are competitive for the next 5 yrs without KB and KG in the west, if KG ends up in PHX.

Kind of like what the Celtics have been going through the past 10 yrs.

I couldn't stand Lurch in the 80's and certainly have more dislike for him now.

I hope the TWolves fans voice their displeasure if he really does end up sending KG to PHX for the junk they are going to get in return. May Lurch end up getting canned if that really ends up going down...
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Un-freakin-believable...
This whole situation just reeks of ex-Celtics royally screwing the Lakers. What else could it be? Look at our offer compared to this offer from the Suns and Celtics. Tell me this whole situation doesn't stink of some old vendetta against an old rival.
F U McHale...you piece of...
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I hope the TWolves fans voice their displeasure if he really does end up sending KG to PHX for the junk they are going to get in return. May Lurch end up getting canned if that really ends up going down...

Seriously. What are Minny fans thinking right now? I feel sorry for them.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject:

If Mitch can't reach a significant deal by the time USA basketball comes around, and the microphones are in Kobes face, things will not be pretty...and I won't blame Kobe one bit for shredding this inept F.O. to pieces.

If Mitch was a Car Salesman he would have been canned after the 2nd day. The guy just does not know how to close a deal. He's a stiff vampire who works numbers alright but has zero communicative skills. The Art of the Sale should be KupAsses bible, instead he used the pages to wipe his ass with.

lakerfanSB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Yes, little new info plus an extensive recap of the days since Shaq has become a Heisler specialty for each of his columns. Still, if the deal was really dead that would be the focus of his article...maybe something positive to take from it
bucketsandbags
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:

IF this is true and KG ends up in PHX, then it is truely time to trade Kobe. He will never be happy here again and our FO will never recover from this.

We can't beat Marion and a draft pick?

All or nothing. This KG to LA thing need to just happen or never be discussed again.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
Username wrote:
I don't get it, why couldn't WE do this deal. I'm sure Boston would have taken Odom/Bynum/19 over just getting Marion. Send whatever they're sending to Minnesota and we get KG. I get the feeling the FO dropped the ball again.

no, even the lakers far from best offer is better than this. the only way it could be real is if ainge and mchale are really that desperate to screw the lakers. I thought they would have been able to make the choices best for their teams, but i guess they are so childish they will let a rivalry that has been dead for 20 let them screw over their current teams.

That rivalry will never be dead.
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject:

its funny to me how everyone always says no one wants to help the Lakers and in some ways that may be true.

But you send KG to Suns along side Stoudemire and Nash and Barbosa plus next years number 1 they are alot more deadly than just KG and Kobe.
HawkeyeJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Well living only a couple of hours from MN I can't imagine. They certainly think Lurch has gotten a free pass for long enough. I have many friends that are TWolves fans and they thought he should have been canned a long time ago.

I really liked following the TWolves until McHale has made a mess of the franchise. Don't be surprised if Fred Hoiberg ends up being GM some day. He is really making a name for himself in the front office. Of course anyone with common sense could operate in that front office with the potential deal they are going to sign off on.

If they get Marion or some other junk I could see them becoming a bottom feeder team in terms of attendance. I couldn't imagine forking over the dough for season tickets to watch a bunch of guys with "POTENTIAL".

I feel sorry for them with Lurch at the wheel. He seems bound and determined to run that franchise into the ground and take the LAKERS with him.
Game #666
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers want KG bad enough They will get it done. I hope they will get it done? If they want to keep KB happy ? If Jerry West were here I'm sure he'd pull it off somehow....
lakerfanSB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:

ESPN is reporting that we are out for now and Suns are in:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917781
pgl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject:

kobes camp starts this week,so he might take to the mike sooner then later
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
10scott10 wrote:
Username wrote:
I don't get it, why couldn't WE do this deal. I'm sure Boston would have taken Odom/Bynum/19 over just getting Marion. Send whatever they're sending to Minnesota and we get KG. I get the feeling the FO dropped the ball again.

no, even the lakers far from best offer is better than this. the only way it could be real is if ainge and mchale are really that desperate to screw the lakers. I thought they would have been able to make the choices best for their teams, but i guess they are so childish they will let a rivalry that has been dead for 20 let them screw over their current teams.

That rivalry will never be dead.

ok, it has just been brain dead for 20 years. happy
HawkeyeJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:

It looks like KG to LA is slim and none and slim has just left the building.

I hope McHale ends up screwing up the draft and gets canned next week. I think Kobe better start thinking about finding property in some other city.

PHX would be unbelievable. Getting one of the best PF's of all time for Shawn freaking Marion??? Marion isn't awful but that is highway robbery.

Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I will find out it was all a bad dream...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm VERY comfortable with the fact that Marion won't agree to giving in to a contract extension offer from either Boston, nor Minnesota. Simply put, he doesn't want to live in either place for any amount of money. That leaves Phoenix with a choice of offering up Amare. No way Steve Kerr risks the very first leg of his start as GM on bringing in an aging Garnett for a young, and potentially equally potent Amare, and losing Marion in the process for certain since they have admitted money related issues in Phoenix. For what it would take for a Garnett acquisition, it would be a lateral move for Phoenix. Not gonna happen. Also, Dallas would be stripped of Terry in a trade, which would make it a lateral move at best for them. Minnesota ain't going to do Nowitski for Garnett straight up. Nothing for them to rebuild on.

My bet is that Garnett will continue to stay quiet until things look like they are certainly falling apart on their own. If that happens, I expect him to speak up. He was pretty quick to shoot down any talk of going to Boston, and I think he'll continue to take the high road until it get's to the "Kobe" stage , and it looks certain they won't get anything done. There are only two choices in all seriousness -Phoenix and LA. I've an inkling for the first time in these past two years that he'll end up in LA. (Side note: KG coming to LA would likely save Kwame being traded - at least until the midseason trading deadline if at all)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Kobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Is there a decent board/forum for the T-Wolves where one can see how their fans feel about this new trade offer via the Suns???

In BYNUM We Trust!
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobe24 wrote:
Is there a decent board/forum for the T-Wolves where one can see how their fans feel about this new trade offer via the Suns???

I would say RealGM but you said decent....
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

This doesn't make any sense at all. Boston is going to give up Jefferson AND the fifth pick for just Marion and Minnesota is going to give up Garnett for just Jefferson and the fifth pick? This is insane. Boston would rather have Marion than Odom AND Bynum? Give both of them to Boston...who cares they were going to be part of the deal anyway and then have Boston give whatever they were going to give to Minnesota and give us Garnett. I really really don't understand how we can't trump an offer of just Marion from phoenix to Boston......
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe24 wrote:

From what I've seen A) they don't really want to trade Garnett anyway, but more importantly B) they think they are getting shafted if they don't end up with either jefferson, green, or both.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobe24 wrote:

http://www.twolvesblog.com/
ZekeCabinCreek
Rookie
Rookie

Aussiesuede wrote:
I'm VERY comfortable with the fact that Marion won't agree to giving in to a contract extension offer from either Boston, nor Minnesota. Simply put, he doesn't want to live in either place for any amount of money. That leaves Phoenix with a choice of offering up Amare. No way Steve Kerr risks the very first leg of his start as GM on bringing in an aging Garnett for a young, and potentially equally potent Amare, and losing Marion in the process for certain since they have admitted money related issues in Phoenix. For what it would take for a Garnett acquisition, it would be a lateral move for Phoenix. Not gonna happen. Also, Dallas would be stripped of Terry in a trade, which would make it a lateral move at best for them. Minnesota ain't going to do Nowitski for Garnett straight up. Nothing for them to rebuild on.

My bet is that Garnett will continue to stay quiet until things look like they are certainly falling apart on their own. If that happens, I expect him to speak up. He was pretty quick to shoot down any talk of going to Boston, and I think he'll continue to take the high road until it get's to the "Kobe" stage , and it looks certain they won't get anything done. There are only two choices in all seriousness -Phoenix and LA. I've an inkling for the first time in these past two years that he'll end up in LA. (Side note: KG coming to LA would likely save Kwame being traded - at least until the midseason trading deadline if at all)

Great Post. I think this is just Phx and everyone else in the West doing what they can to make it difficult for the Lakers to land their next great big man. I have faith that Dr. Buss will stay involved and get this done prior to the draft...
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

UPDATE:

For those who have not seen the segment on ESPN news, (verbatim):

Intro: "Sources have told Jim Gray that Kevin Garnett got in touch with Kobe Bryant to see if he was going to leave the Lakers if he came to LA."

"That may not matter. According to Rick Bucher, the Big Ticket could be suddenly on the move to Phoenix."

Bucher: "All indications are that the deal that would send Kevin Garnett to the Lakers is dead. That's what GM Mitch Kupchak has been telling other GM's. Certainly their ability to do a straight deal with Minnesota is not going to work. They simply don't have what Minnesota is looking for."

"Now Phoenix still remains a suitor. It's a place that Garnett would be happy to go to, and Phoenix certainly has interest - supposedly even willing to part with Amare Stoudemire to make it happen if Garnett would be willing to waive his trade kicker."
Kobe24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Kobe24 wrote:

From what I've seen A) they don't really want to trade Garnett anyway, but more importantly B) they think they are getting shafted if they don't end up with either jefferson, green, or both.

I'm basically refusing to believe this new trade hype. Just doesn't seem to make much sense. Minnesota gets back less than they would from us and Phoenix doesn't give up near enough.

In BYNUM We Trust!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 53 of 192
Jump to: