OT: Nocioni Agrees to Terms
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tampamike
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: OT: Nocioni Agrees to Terms

With the Bulls....

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46956/20070706/nocioni_agrees_to_terms_with_chicago/
Roachman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:

ack! Another pipe dream bites the dust!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Nocioni Agrees to Terms

tampamike wrote:
With the Bulls....

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46956/20070706/nocioni_agrees_to_terms_with_chicago/

Damn you! Misleading thread title. I thought the Lakers got him for part of the MLE.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject:

the biggest pipe is still alive though!!
KG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject:

Well at least that means he isn't going in a sign and trade to Memphis and we still have a shot at gasol. I didn't want Nociioni anyways. We have enough wings. Hes basically a slightly more athletic Luke Walton......
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:

Thank God. Now we don't have to listen to anymore stupid S&T scenario's for a player who we don't need.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
tampamike
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Nocioni Agrees to Terms

Aphex Twin wrote:

Damn you! Misleading thread title. I thought the Lakers got him for part of the MLE.

Didn't notice the OT: eh?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Nocioni Agrees to Terms

tampamike wrote:
With the Bulls....

Meanwhile Mitch courts Hart with half the MLE smh :roll:
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Thank God. Now we don't have to listen to anymore stupid S&T scenario's for a player who we don't need.

does this mean they still want Mihm?????

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject:

A FA agreeing to terms with his original team because they can offer the most money?

NO WAI!!!!

That never happens.

Impossible.

I don't believe it.

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:

yea because Luke is a better choice for starting SF
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

no point in convincing

some people just give up more easily.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Right because we had the inside track on signing Nocioni versus him re-signing with his current team to an amount no one else in the league could match.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hector the Pup wrote:
A FA agreeing to terms with his original team because they can offer the most money?

NO WAI!!!!

That never happens.

Impossible.

I don't believe it.

Thats no surprise but They want mihm and we supposedly wanted him but Mitch probably didnt even entertain a S&T for Nocioni.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Exick wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

Right because we had the inside track on signing Nocioni versus him re-signing with his current team to an amount no one else in the league could match.

see my above post
tampamike
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject:

Maybe we can S&T Mihm for Duhon.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

It's events like this that make me laugh my ass off when the Mitch defenders pull out that BS, ignorant line "It's not even FA signing period yet, what is he supposed to have done . . ."

(not that Nocionni was something that the LAKERS were going to get done)
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Exick wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

see my above post

Ok, so assuming Nocioni still wanted the amount that's being reported, the Bulls were going to take a $5 million flyer on Mihm and lose Nocioni in the process? And if the Bulls want Mihm and he wants to go there, why wouldn't they just use part of their MLE to get him and keep Nocioni rather than trying to work a complicated double sign-and-trade?

I don't see why every free agent signing deserves it's own "Dammit Mitch, why didn't we get this guy!?" thread.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It's events like this that make me laugh my ass off when the Mitch defenders pull out that BS, ignorant line "It's not even FA signing period yet, what is he supposed to have done . . ."

Yup Mitch will sit back until all the good free agents have agreed to terms with other teams then present us with "mumble mumble Magic wand Mumble"
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yup Mitch will sit back until all the good free agents have agreed to terms with other teams then present us with "mumble mumble Magic wand Mumble"

An actual Magic Wand could be on the market starting next Friday and Mitch would wait until Saturday morning to even call it's agent sto see what it was hoping to get, only to see it agree to terms elsewhere this evening.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Exick wrote:
Car54 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:

see my above post

Ok, so assuming Nocioni still wanted the amount that's being reported, the Bulls were going to take a $5 million flyer on Mihm and lose Nocioni in the process? And if the Bulls want Mihm and he wants to go there, why wouldn't they just use part of their MLE to get him and keep Nocioni rather than trying to work a complicated double sign-and-trade?

I don't see why every free agent signing deserves it's own "Dammit Mitch, why didn't we get this guy!?" thread.

see my above post. You get free agents by selling yourself to them. Chicago was up for trading him. You can continue making excuses for Mihm and I'll continue bashing while good players are agreeing to terms. Then you can give me ur I told you so speech when mitch big splash in free agency is Hart or Blake for the MLE
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Car54 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

An actual Magic Wand could be on the market starting next Friday and Mitch would wait until Saturday morning to even call it's agent sto see what it was hoping to get, only to see it agree to terms elsewhere this evening.

Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject:

I'm far from a Mitch supporter, but what's with the (bleep)?

The Lakers already have Luke and Vlad making >$10M a year between them. While I would prefer Nocioni to either of them, why would the Lakers sign YET ANOTHER small forward for serious money? The only way they should sign another 3 is if it's a) a cheap contract (like if Hill wanted to come), or b) they get a SF that will seriously improve the team in a big way (enough of an impact to warrant having two bench plays making as much as Luke and Vlad). Nocioni is neither.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
I'm far from a Mitch supporter, but what's with the (bleep)?

The Lakers already have Luke and Vlad making >$10M a year between them. While I would prefer Nocioni to either of them, why would the Lakers sign YET ANOTHER small forward for serious money? The only way they should sign another 3 is if it's a) a cheap contract (like if Hill wanted to come), or b) they get a SF that will seriously improve the team in a big way (enough of an impact to warrant having two bench plays making as much as Luke and Vlad). Nocioni is neither.

Nocioni >>>> Luke & Vlad the reason you sign one thats available is because he's better than our current SF by a good margin. On top of that it never hurts to add value to your roster. it'll come in handy when doing trades.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

NO WAI!!!!

That never happens.

Impossible.

I don't believe it.

Thats no surprise but They want mihm and we supposedly wanted him but Mitch probably didnt even entertain a S&T for Nocioni.

Again, what are we offering the Bulls that would make them want to do that trade? Right now, the Bulls have Nocioni and a good chance of signing Mihm. We were going to talk them out of doing that by offering them Mihm?

Car54 wrote:
You get free agents by selling yourself to them. Chicago was up for trading him. You can continue making excuses for Mihm and I'll continue bashing while good players are agreeing to terms. Then you can give me ur I told you so speech when mitch big splash in free agency is Hart or Blake for the MLE

Money talks in this league. The Bulls were offering Nocioni above the MLE, so the Lakers weren't going to get him to come here for just the MLE. Now, you seem to be saying that the Lakers should have convinced Nocioni that he should have demand the Bulls trade him to the Lakers. And when the Bulls said "No", Nocioni would have then signed the contract with them. Nocioni had no leverage to demand a trade.

Guess what - NBA players first priority is themselves, not the Lakers. Your anger at Mitch seems to have totally destroyed your perspective. If the Lakers make you this unhappy, why don't you follow another team?

Edit: Put "why" where it belong
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: