Things that annoy me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject:

i'd also like to add people who have a song playing on their voicemail. especially if it's long and i have to listen to it every time.

and come to think of it...do we really need the robot lady telling us how to leave a message anymore? i mean maybe when voicemail first came out we needed it for like the first week but now it's just ridiculous. "leave a message after the tone, or to send a numeric page press 5. then press 1 for more options." if you can't figure out how to leave a message you are too stupid to live. and you dont' deserve to leave a message.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Ocho this is for you.

Things that annoy me?

Divas that demand trades.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Or that guy during pickup games who calls fouls on everything... and he's usually the sweaty, hairy, shirtless dude who no one wants to guard.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ocho this is for you.

Things that annoy me?

Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ocho this is for you.

Things that annoy me?

jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ocho this is for you.

Things that annoy me?

I'll trade you an Aretha Franklin for a Patti Labelle and a Chaka Khan to be named later...

Presenting... DIVAS ON TRADE...
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Or that guy during pickup games who calls fouls on everything... and he's usually the sweaty, hairy, shirtless dude who no one wants to guard.

Holy (bleep)! You just read my mind!

I absolutley cannot stand when someone does that (and it is almost guarenteed that there will be at least one guy like that in every pick up game.) I actually got into a fight last year with a guy for that exact reason. I swear everytime me or someone else stole the ball, blocked his shot, or for that matter just looked at him he would call a foul. To top things off he would also go on a big rant after every supposed foul saying stuff like "Get off me man.....you can't do that....I just got hacked by like 5 guys.....man you're all over me......etc. etc." Eventually it all boiled over and me and him ended up going toe to toe. I could go on and on about this guy. He is possibly the most annoying human being I have ever encountered in my lifetime. He is also the self annoited "coach" for whatever team he is playing for.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
i'd also like to add people who have a song playing on their voicemail. especially if it's long and i have to listen to it every time.

ugh, I hate that

I'd also like to add places that don't carry coke products.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
- People that shine their highbeams on you in the fastlane...and you're going 80! WTF? LOL! I'm sorry that I can't hit LIGHT SPEED! Go around, you schmuck!

-People who park their gigantic SUV's in TWO COMPACT spaces.
If you want to be driving this (bleep) behomoth so you feel you have a big penis, then live with the fact you do not drive a COMPACT car and that you will have to park in a space that actually accomodates your POS "car".

-People that drive the speed limit in the fast lane (or next to it).

-People who drive in the "exit lane" then cut back over at the last possible moment so they can save 20 seconds, but stop all the traffic that is following behind who want to exit.

-"Rubber-neckers". Probably 75% of the cause of traffic in L.A. If people spent more time focusing on the road than going 20 mph to check out the fender bender on the side, it wouldn't take ages to get anywhere.

-People who honk at you for not "gunning it" the split second a light just turned green. Give the person a few seconds to see/react BEFORE you honk at them jackass!

...yes I have road rage.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If you want to be driving this (bleep) behomoth so you feel you have a big penis, then live with the fact you do not drive a COMPACT car and that you will have to park in a space that actually accomodates your POS "car".

Completely true no matter what kind of car it is. I particularly hate this at my apartment complex where people are just lazy parkers and park with maybe one wheel in an adjoining parking spot. This makes it impossible to park next to them and there are a very limited amount of spots to begin with.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject:

The Buss wrote:
Ted wrote:

Holy (bleep)! You just read my mind!

I absolutley cannot stand when someone does that (and it is almost guarenteed that there will be at least one guy like that in every pick up game.) I actually got into a fight last year with a guy for that exact reason. I swear everytime me or someone else stole the ball, blocked his shot, or for that matter just looked at him he would call a foul. To top things off he would also go on a big rant after every supposed foul saying stuff like "Get off me man.....you can't do that....I just got hacked by like 5 guys.....man you're all over me......etc. etc." Eventually it all boiled over and me and him ended up going toe to toe. I could go on and on about this guy. He is possibly the most annoying human being I have ever encountered in my lifetime. He is also the self annoited "coach" for whatever team he is playing for.

I hate this too... but I also hate the guy who just elbowed you in the face and pushed you in the chest with the other hand when you are trying to make a layup and gets mad because you call a foul.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
People in general.

*I work in retail.

this is a great thread. and i agree w/ you. Im noticing that Im starting to dislike people more often. Im always tempted to start (bleep) w/ someone in a public place because they just annoy the hell out of me. I think I just need to get out of LA for a while because as much as I love this city, we have some of the most inconsiderate, pompous, rude, self centered people in the country. but then again, who am I to say such a thing when the farthest ive been outside of CA for the last 15 yrs was vegas. anyway, things that annoy me....

ipods
MYSPACE!! AGH!
women drivers
people who talk like they're always asking a question i.e. "i was at the mall today? and i like, ran into this super hawt guy?..."
internet tough guys
aspiring actors
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Exactly! I hate the Ish!

Quote:
-People who honk at you for not "gunning it" the split second a light just turned green. Give the person a few seconds to see/react BEFORE you honk at them jackass!

Ain't that annoying?!?!

Quote:
...yes I have road rage.

mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Exactly! I hate the Ish!

I hate SUVs period... they are road bullies and gas hogs... I just hate the trucks, not any of you who drive them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Exactly! I hate the Ish!

I hate SUVs period... they are road bullies and gas hogs... I just hate the trucks, not any of you who drive them.

same here. would it be accurate to say that suv's are somewhat responsible for the increase in gas prices? even if it's a small percentage?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Exactly! I hate the Ish!

same here. would it be accurate to say that suv's are somewhat responsible for the increase in gas prices? even if it's a small percentage?
Only if you got proof.... Got proof?

Last edited by TACH on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

David Schwimmer
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
mike_dee23 wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:

Exactly! I hate the Ish!

Well, the laws of supply and demand dictate that if the more gas needed, the higher the gas prices. Therefore, an SUV that gets 18 mpg would increase demand more than a Camry hybrid getting nearly 40 mpg.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Sorry, I'm ranting...... I'm increadably pissed off now....

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

"Tall coffee." Like I'm a robot or something. Oh well you cant win them all.

you know what annoys me? the starbucks lingo. tall, venti, grande. we have a system in place already. it's called small, medium, and large. we dont' need a new system. the old one was fine.

and it's funny because i refuse to use that lingo so i'll always say "medium latte" and most of the time starbucks people actually CORRECT me. they'll go "ah grande latte". like im some moron who screwed up.

knock it off starbucks. oh and stop making us pay for wi-fi. nobody else makes you pay anymore.

A) Nobody forces you to go to Starbucks and buy something, if you don't want to use the 'lingo' then don't. You still get the same drink.

B) Since we work for the company, we're not going to repeat 'medium Latte' just because you said it. We just repeat back the proper way of saying it, whether or not you want to is up to you. Refuse to use it all you want, Starbucks wont mind.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
I'll be a little more specific on my last post. The people I hate the most are foriegners (no offense to anyone but there are certain traits in a lot of my foriegn born customers that makes me wish they would burst into flames) and people who come up to my counter talking on their cell phones and expect me to help them.

F*** THESE PEOPLE!!!! If you go up to a cashiers desk, talking on your cell phone and ignore the cashier even when they are talking to you..... I F***ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! No one gives a S*** about your (bleep) conversation!!!! I dont care what you might be doing when you get home! STFU!!!!

Ive gone up to people and done my stupid little thing of: "Hi, how are you today? What can I help you with?" and you know what some of these douche bag piles do? They look at me like "how dare you interupt my oh so god damned important phone call!!!!" and then they have the nerve to put up their finger and signal "Hold on, I need to finish talking about the lolly-pop I have rammed up my ass..."

Hahaha... i know how you feel.I work at Starbucks as a supervisor and when people come in I say "Hi, how are you?" and they just quickly reply,

you know what annoys me? the starbucks lingo. tall, venti, grande. we have a system in place already. it's called small, medium, and large. we dont' need a new system. the old one was fine.

and it's funny because i refuse to use that lingo so i'll always say "medium latte" and most of the time starbucks people actually CORRECT me. they'll go "ah grande latte". like im some moron who screwed up.

knock it off starbucks. oh and stop making us pay for wi-fi. nobody else makes you pay anymore.

A) Nobody forces you to go to Starbucks and buy something, if you don't want to use the 'lingo' then don't. You still get the same drink.

B) Since we work for the company, we're not going to repeat 'medium Latte' just because you said it. We just repeat back the proper way of saying it, whether or not you want to is up to you. Refuse to use it all you want, Starbucks wont mind.

Agreed. That doesn't make it any less annoying to me.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

a) i do refuse to do it. and yes i do receive the same drink.

b) when they repeat it back they do NOT repeat it back the proper way. they repeat it back the stupid, unnecessary, smug way. and they clearly do mind because they make a point of correcting me.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

b) when they repeat it back they do NOT repeat it back the proper way. they repeat it back the stupid, unnecessary, smug way. and they clearly do mind because they make a point of correcting me.

Go Trojans

Buck Foston
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Rosie O'Donnell
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
ocho wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

Well... you're making the decision to go and purchase a drink from Starbucks right? You, by your own choice, walk into a Starbucks and buy a drink, how much does it hurt to just use their terms? Jamba Juice has their own lingo, nobody seems to complain about that. All I'm trying to say is don't hate on something that you're not forced to deal with. You are creating this dilemma on your own accord and as far as "things that annoy you" go, maybe you shouldn't annoy yourself by going to Starbucks.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Whenever I go into Starbucks, which isnt often, I usually just order my drink and when they ask me what size I normally shrug and say "the big one". Then they go "Oh, a grande!" to which I respond "..... sure."
good times.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: