Garnett update thread (KG Thread Winding Down, RSVP for the Summer 2012...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 190, 191, 192  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject:

TheTalkOfTheArch wrote:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Does it really deserve 142 pages of nothing but pure speculation? I want KG on the team as much as the next guy but this is ridiculous. Re dad gum diculous

As long as there is a chance, leave it open. Otherwise, we will get a new KG thread every other day. The people here knows what they are doing.

If you don't like it, don't read it or go somewhere else.

Last edited by laker4life on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Screw this, just get that psycho out of Sac and be done with the offseason.

LakersGo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject:

watching channel 9 news, Jim Hill was recapping the tennis tournamant at UCLA this evenig and they started the highlights with Jim saying "And look at Kevin Garnett, wouldn't he look great in a Lakers uniform?" As they showed footage of KG attending the match, sitting in the stands amongst the other spectators.

means nothing, thought I'd add it to the other 143 pages of nothing.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
TheTalkOfTheArch wrote:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD
Does it really deserve 142 pages of nothing but pure speculation? I want KG on the team as much as the next guy but this is ridiculous. Re dad gum diculous

As long as there is a chance, leave it open. Otherwise, we will get new KG thread every other day. The people here know what they are doing.

We're not locking this thread. We had three other KG threads today...which should have all been in here. I merged one. And will probably have to merge the others. We would have had that every other day this summer if this thread didn't exist. We don't need that taking up the board when it can all be organized in one spot.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject:

UPDATE:

Quote:
Wolves: Taylor says Garnett likes teacher's role

The Wolves owner says his star is pleased the team will be younger and wants to help it develop.

By Kent Youngblood, Star Tribune

Last update: July 17, 2007 – 11:02 PM

.."I thought he might say, 'Well, if you're going younger, I guess I don't want to play here,' " Taylor recalled Tuesday. "But he said, 'I'd be a good teacher. Guys taught me and helped me. I'd like to do that.' "...

Taylor, who returned over the weekend, talked about a range of subjects Tuesday, including the team's decision to field offers for Garnett before the June 28 NBA draft. He admitted Boston was the Wolves' most serious trading partner. And while not ruling out a Garnett trade, Taylor said the team is now focused on altering its roster in other ways.

Taylor also said he doesn't think any fence-mending is needed between Garnett and the organization.

"It concerned him," Taylor said of Garnett and the trade talk. "He said to me, 'I'd always assumed I was going to play here forever and ever.' "

Garnett could not be reached for comment.

When the Wolves report to training camp in Turkey in October, the team likely will be filled with young talent.

That group will include second-year players Randy Foye and Craig Smith, third-year player Rashad McCants and first-round draft pick Corey Brewer.

"I think Kevin is positive about this," Taylor said. "It's not in his mind that we're going to be a poor team. I think his thoughts are maybe we'll be a better team with the younger guys."

Taylor said Garnett was pleased with the deal that brought Juwan Howard to the Wolves in exchange for guard Mike James.

...But a trade of Garnett?

"Do I think it's going to happen? No," Taylor said. "Do we feel we have to do one? No. Are we willing to live with what we have, with Kevin and making some minor changes? Yes. But if a team came along, if we saw the right thing and it made sense? Maybe. But I don't see it."

http://www.startribune.com/511/story/1309082.html
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
TheTalkOfTheArch wrote:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

As long as there is a chance, leave it open. Otherwise, we will get a new KG thread every other day. The people here knows what they are doing.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
laker4life wrote:
TheTalkOfTheArch wrote:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

As long as there is a chance, leave it open. Otherwise, we will get new KG thread every other day. The people here know what they are doing.

We're not locking this thread. We had three other KG threads today...which should have all been in here. I merged one. And will probably have to merge the others. We would have had that every other day this summer if this thread didn't exist. We don't need that taking up the board when it can all be organized in one spot.

Word..... gotta love that philosophy.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
RePLAY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
UPDATE:

Quote:
Wolves: Taylor says Garnett likes teacher's role

The Wolves owner says his star is pleased the team will be younger and wants to help it develop.

By Kent Youngblood, Star Tribune

Last update: July 17, 2007 – 11:02 PM

.."I thought he might say, 'Well, if you're going younger, I guess I don't want to play here,' " Taylor recalled Tuesday. "But he said, 'I'd be a good teacher. Guys taught me and helped me. I'd like to do that.' "...

Taylor, who returned over the weekend, talked about a range of subjects Tuesday, including the team's decision to field offers for Garnett before the June 28 NBA draft. He admitted Boston was the Wolves' most serious trading partner. And while not ruling out a Garnett trade, Taylor said the team is now focused on altering its roster in other ways.

Taylor also said he doesn't think any fence-mending is needed between Garnett and the organization.

"It concerned him," Taylor said of Garnett and the trade talk. "He said to me, 'I'd always assumed I was going to play here forever and ever.' "

Garnett could not be reached for comment.

When the Wolves report to training camp in Turkey in October, the team likely will be filled with young talent.

That group will include second-year players Randy Foye and Craig Smith, third-year player Rashad McCants and first-round draft pick Corey Brewer.

"I think Kevin is positive about this," Taylor said. "It's not in his mind that we're going to be a poor team. I think his thoughts are maybe we'll be a better team with the younger guys."

Taylor said Garnett was pleased with the deal that brought Juwan Howard to the Wolves in exchange for guard Mike James.

...But a trade of Garnett?

"Do I think it's going to happen? No," Taylor said. "Do we feel we have to do one? No. Are we willing to live with what we have, with Kevin and making some minor changes? Yes. But if a team came along, if we saw the right thing and it made sense? Maybe. But I don't see it."

http://www.startribune.com/511/story/1309082.html

Garnett's a dummy if he said that.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject:

KG said in the interview when he cried that he wanted to win a championship before he retired. With the words KG said to Taylor, I don't think that winning is all what matters to him.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
KG said in the interview when he cried that he wanted to win a championship before he retired. With the words KG said to Taylor, I don't think that winning is all what matters to him.

KG won't cry if he gets a big extension from Taylor however.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject:

KG will opt out and go where he wants go.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Get a clue. People use that term all the time. Like "Can we dead this argument" Its not something I made up but your jokes are clearly dead. And that wasn't meant to be funny.
Those people are the clueless ones. "dead" is NEVER a verb! Look it up!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject:

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Screw this, just get that psycho out of Sac and be done with the offseason.

You mean that "psycho" who's already been suspended for multiple games, even while doing famine relief in Africa? NO THANK YOU!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
laker4life wrote:
TheTalkOfTheArch wrote:
PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD

Gotta be some sort of record! I'm betting that KG isn't drawing this many threads sports or otherwise in the entire twin cities area!

Hell Kobe doesn't get as much attention as KG!!

All Garnett all the time!

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject:

287183 views. Too many members with too much time one their hands.
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Great One wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Great One wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
From CL:

BLAZINLAKERFAN wrote:
I just saw Luke Walton at his restaurant in Manhattan Beach. And no i'm not making this up i got an autograph and the reciept he signed.

I said whats up to him and talked about his restaurant for a bit. Then i asked him about KG and he kinda laughed and said I dunno all I know is that we are working on something and that's really all I could tell you right now. So that's my little update guys.

Just thought i'd share this, and hope some of you respect what i heard and not flame me. I know it's nothing big but hey it's something.

He has a photo of his signed receipt from Luke Walton.
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78012&start=30&sid=b72843c1c59364349857fadc0c7510a6

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!

What part of that gives you hope?

The part where there is news that something could happend and people

like, start laughing because you have nothing else to say

How about the part where his boss says nothing is up? How about the part where KG hasn't demanded to be traded? How about the part that his Team mate says he doesn't want to leave? KG is pipe so can we dead these threads?

Yeah... Yeah... and our Boss said we have a contender with no injuries. If you believe Buss and Taylor I have season seats front row to the Lakers 2008 season at THE FORUM that I's like to sell you. I'll give you a VERY good deal!

Remember when KG's agent said, Garnett has "a good handle on the possibility of being traded," Miller said. "Kevin is an extremely loyal person, and loyalty is not a common factor among pro athletes, but in this situation he understands he has to put his long-term considerations ahead of the Minnesota Timberwolves' long-term considerations."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

I know that article to old but think about it... did KG all of a sudden go to Taylor and say "I know you tried to trade me and send me to Boston of all places, but you know what I put the Minnesota Timberwolves' long-term considerations ahead of my long-term considerations so I'd like to stay"

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! & DEAD Car54!

Wheres the part were he say's KG is unhappy and wants out? All he said was KG knows theres a possibility that the organization may trade him. Its sounds more like a guy in fear of being traded than a guy looking to get out.

Taylor said. "But if a team came along, if we saw the right thing and it made sense? Maybe. But I don't see it."

Buss will show him the "right thing".

Car54... Where are you....

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject:

I have nothing to contribute, but to let this thread live!

As Brick Tamlin from Anchorman would say, "LOUD NOISES!"
JediRekal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S141655.shtml?cat=7

Kevin Garnett

RYAN: Are the trade talks that surround KG officially dead?

WITTMAN: Nothing is official. In this league anything can happen. We've seen it throughout the years in sports. I don't want to sit here and say anything is official, because as soon as you do that, something happens. But I have to go forward and think that Kevin is going to be here and I want Kevin here. It's not very often as a coach you get to coach a player of his caliber. They don't come along very often. So I want to have that chance to do that, because he is going to be a Hall of Fame player in this league. A great player, a great person and a great thing for this city to continue to have.

RYAN: Have you talked to Garnett and does he want to be here in Minnesota since he learned of the trade talks?

WITTMAN: I don't think there is any doubt. Kevin and I have talked throughout the summer and he wants to stay here. He's one of these old-time players that was drafted by Minnesota and wants to end his career in Minnesota and now in sports it doesn't happen very often. His heart is here and I think it would be hard for him. It's hard for anybody that first time you get traded or that people start talking about you, which has happened all summer. It hurts a little bit when that happens and he's gone through that this year.

RYAN: So will there be a cloud over Garnett as he starts this upcoming season?

WITTMAN: I don't think so. Kevin steps on the floor and he only knows one way to do things and that's do it the right way. Play hard and play together with everybody and win. In terms of him coming here, throughout all the talks that have gone on and everything, I don't think that he would have any type of problem of coming into our locker room and being our focal point.

So KG how does it feel now that they want to "keep" you, but if the right deal comes C-YA! I bet that feels great! I'm glad to see the organization is as "loyal" as you.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:

In other words, Minne is hoping that someone steps forward with a more compelling package. The "ending his career in Minne" talk is aimed at Phoenix, to warn them that he won't walk from Minne as a free agent.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject:

we don't need KG, all the Lakers need is a healthy Cook to man the PF position!

according to Mitch
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject:

JediRekal wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Great One wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Great One wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JediRekal wrote:
From CL:

BLAZINLAKERFAN wrote:
I just saw Luke Walton at his restaurant in Manhattan Beach. And no i'm not making this up i got an autograph and the reciept he signed.

I said whats up to him and talked about his restaurant for a bit. Then i asked him about KG and he kinda laughed and said I dunno all I know is that we are working on something and that's really all I could tell you right now. So that's my little update guys.

Just thought i'd share this, and hope some of you respect what i heard and not flame me. I know it's nothing big but hey it's something.

He has a photo of his signed receipt from Luke Walton.
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=78012&start=30&sid=b72843c1c59364349857fadc0c7510a6

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!

What part of that gives you hope?

The part where there is news that something could happend and people

like, start laughing because you have nothing else to say

How about the part where his boss says nothing is up? How about the part where KG hasn't demanded to be traded? How about the part that his Team mate says he doesn't want to leave? KG is pipe so can we dead these threads?

Yeah... Yeah... and our Boss said we have a contender with no injuries. If you believe Buss and Taylor I have season seats front row to the Lakers 2008 season at THE FORUM that I's like to sell you. I'll give you a VERY good deal!

Remember when KG's agent said, Garnett has "a good handle on the possibility of being traded," Miller said. "Kevin is an extremely loyal person, and loyalty is not a common factor among pro athletes, but in this situation he understands he has to put his long-term considerations ahead of the Minnesota Timberwolves' long-term considerations."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

I know that article to old but think about it... did KG all of a sudden go to Taylor and say "I know you tried to trade me and send me to Boston of all places, but you know what I put the Minnesota Timberwolves' long-term considerations ahead of my long-term considerations so I'd like to stay"

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! & DEAD Car54!

Wheres the part were he say's KG is unhappy and wants out? All he said was KG knows theres a possibility that the organization may trade him. Its sounds more like a guy in fear of being traded than a guy looking to get out.

Taylor said. "But if a team came along, if we saw the right thing and it made sense? Maybe. But I don't see it."

Buss will show him the "right thing".

Car54... Where are you....

KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!

dirty
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject:

KG would probably be better off staying in Minnesota than coming to play with Kobe and a gutted roster.

FOYE/JARIC/HUDSON
DAVIS/MCCANTS
HASSEL/BREWER
KG/HOWARD/SMITH
BLOUNT/MADSEN/GRIFFEN

Minnesota still has the MLE to upgrade the existing team.

If we trade KG & Blount for Kwame, Bynum, Odom, Farmar

we end up with a lineup of

Fisher/Critt
Kobe/Evans
Luke/Radmanovic
KG/Turiaf/Cook
Blount/Mihm (if we resign him)

It's a better team in LA, but not a huge upgrade from where he's at right now. He'll stay because losing in Minnesota will easier on him than moving to LA and losing here.
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
TheTalkOfTheArch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject:

Sorry guys...I was just blowing off some steam..didn't mean to dampen the mood. *takes hit of the KG laced weed and passes it to the left*

Seriously, I don't have to leave a thread just because I have an opposing opinion. I respect Kobe for voicing his frustration LIKE HE DID and I have to say if KG really wanted to put something in motion to get to LA he could.

I think he and a lot of people put "loyalty" on a pedestal. How many of you left your jobs for a better one? KG needs to go straight to McHale and tell him to ship his a$$ out to the Lakers. 11 Years he's given to Minnesota. Mitch also needs to start making some threats to Mchale. I'm talking I will make your life a living hell for the next 10 years if you don't make this trade vendettas.
Crappy service when you come to LA. A flat tire, blackmail, throwing the team under the bus to undermine future lottery picks, and then forward the Memo to Larry Bird.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:

If we could get JO without losing LO then I'm all for that move!

Fisher/Critt.
Kobe/Evans/Sasha
Walton/Radmanovic
LO/Ronny
JO/Mihm

Oh for the love of God just get it done already and lets start looking foward to the season! Honestly this team here is better than that KG one mentioned above !

Last edited by KobeDunk on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
TheTalkOfTheArch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
If we could get JO without losing LO then I'm all for that move!

Fisher/Critt.
Kobe/Evans/Sasha
Walton/Radmanovic
LO/Ronny
JO/Mihm

Oh for the love of God just get it done already and lets start looking foward to the season!
Exactly man this thread is evidence enough that is has been a LONG offseason already.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 142, 143, 144 ... 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 143 of 192
Jump to: