Garnett update thread (KG Thread Winding Down, RSVP for the Summer 2012...)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 190, 191, 192  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
ainge said that he spoke with kg before the draft, is that legal?

If the Wolves gave him permission it was.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject:

i cant believe KG is a Celtic

this is gonna take awhile to get over
lakerstan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject:

PLEASE DELETE THIS....THREAD
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanNC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject:

What has KG ever won anyway? Boston won't win a title. Count on it..
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject:

At least let this thread reach 200. It deserves too
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Not my type of music, but for some reason I like this song. And I feel its appropiate...

kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Not my type of music, but for some reason I like this song. And I feel its appropiate...

So what did we get that we need?
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Kobe?
OPMSm0k3r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeDynasty_24/7 wrote:
Kobe?

Until next year at the very least...
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject:

Good night, sweet prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

And so passes another loyal thread ...
KlevrhandL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject:

Not just yet. I say, just for good measure let it go to 200 pages.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject:

I wonder what happened to the folks who celebrated Fisher's signing as they felt it was a prelude to a KG trade. Not that I expect them to come forward, but I wonder how they feel about that signing now?
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject:

lakerfanNC wrote:
What has KG ever won anyway? ..

:roll:

Oh and so much for all the 'KG has no heart, doesn't want to win' drivel that most of you guys were spouting here.

A trio of Pierce, Allen, KG, in the worst conference ever is as good as it gets.
Eagle2904
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
lakerfanNC wrote:

Oh and so much for all the 'KG has no heart, doesn't want to win' drivel that most of you guys were spouting here.

A trio of Pierce, Allen, KG, in the worst conference ever is as good as it gets.

If they learn how to play together effectively. It's like a movie with three superstars expected to win all the Oscar's.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject:

Eagle2904 wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
lakerfanNC wrote:

If they learn how to play together effectively. It's like a movie with three superstars expected to win all the Oscar's.

Yes, three superstar but they are in their mid-30's so injury is waiting to happen and if that happen then all this piss and moan about Celts will be at peace.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject:

lakers1969 wrote:
Eagle2904 wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:
lakerfanNC wrote:

Yes, three superstar but they are in their mid-30's so injury is waiting to happen and if that happen then all this piss and moan about Celts will be at peace.

No, they're not in their mid-30s. Actually their average age is only 2 years older than Kobe, as of opening night:

Ray Allen, 32
Kevin Garnett, 31
Paul Pierce, 30

Career-wise, they've all been in much better health than guys like Lamar, Kwame, and Luke. However, if one goes down to a lengthy injury, they won't have a shot at a championship.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject:

Can this off-season get any more depressing?
Eagle2904
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:

Yeah. We trade Kobe for Jermaine O'Neal, who some here think he's the best thing since sliced bread.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:

Not for me.

I still view this is as a good Laker team and nothing less than that. A depressing offseason for me would be one in which we made bad moves.

The 2005 offseason was a bad one for me because they traded Caron for Kwame basically. Immediately I sensed a bad move. It turned out just that way.

In 2007 they have had 2 oppurtunities to make really bad moves IMO. One was trade Kobe to Chicago. The other was to trade LO+AB and maybe even Kwame for JO + Murphy.

I like how they're weathering the storm instead of panicing. Fisher is a good solid veteran pick up. Drafing Crittenton was solid and seems like something that will pay off eventually. Re-signing guys you can rely on offensively like Walton and Mihm is also solid because you need as much depth as possible in the regular season to gets wins. Lamar and Kwame got surgeries early and should be at camp ready to go. Bynum has apparently been tearing up the practice facility at El Sugundo. Bryant as we know has been working out, dropping weight and focusing on defense. As of now the roster looks like they are heading towards a good season.

Basically, I don't see this offseason as a disaster just yet. If we wind up making a bad Kobe or JO trade, then yeah. As it stands, we made some solid moves, nothing earth shattering .. but in a position to be competitive again next season.

Lakers are in a position to win anywhere from 40-50 games next season and considering how it started off in May (Kobe wanting out) the lottery was almost a lock. Now it's looking like things will get back to normal again. I can envision the Lakers being anywhere from 4th to 8th in the west playoffs next season. And yes, I think they will be back in the playoffs as of today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakers are in a position to win anywhere from 40-50 games next season and considering how it started off in May (Kobe wanting out) the lottery was almost a lock. Now it's looking like things will get back to normal again. I can envision the Lakers being anywhere from 4th to 8th in the west playoffs next season. And yes, I think they will be back in the playoffs as of today.

I think the Lakers as presently constituted are the 10th best team in the conference. That means lottery.
Eagle2904
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think the Lakers as presently constituted are the 10th best team in the conference. That means lottery.

No way there are nine (!) teams better than we are in our conference! I agree with Wolfpacler that we're between 4th and 8th in the West as of now. (being healthy of course). We were among the Top 5 in the West last year before the injury bug hit us! We are way better than last year.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:

Dropping the KG pipe is hard. It's like that damn ring in Lord of the Rings, and having to destroy it. Oh sure, you know that the ring MUST be destroyed, but it's so very difficult to actually do it, especially when the moment of truth comes and you have to drop it in the lava.

The time has come for us to destroy the KG pipe. Actually, the Celtics destroyed it for us, which somehow makes it worse. Anyways it's sad, but it's over.

I hated LOTR by the way, just saw it a month or two ago though.
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Dropping the KG pipe is hard. It's like that damn ring in Lord of the Rings, and having to destroy it. Oh sure, you know that the ring MUST be destroyed, but it's so very difficult to actually do it, especially when the moment of truth comes and you have to drop it in the lava.

The time has come for us to destroy the KG pipe. Actually, the Celtics destroyed it for us, which somehow makes it worse. Anyways it's sad, but it's over.

I hated LOTR by the way, just saw it a month or two ago though.

What?! How could you hate LOTR? That's just wrong.

The Celtics will never be able to hold on to the KG ring, btw--he's just too much power for them. They will toss KG aside with a curse, or he will get bored with their weakness and slip away. Then THE PRECIOUS will be all MINES AGAIN (sorry, can't say "ours" and keep with the theme).
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Did you say 4th seed Wolf...........

I agree with Dr.Laker here pretty much.... A 9th or 10th seed is more possible than a 4th or 5th seed....

Bad signings of Luke and Fish,thats it? Fish for way too much ca$h.....and no "D" Luke for too many years and a bit too much ca$h.....

At this point it will be year four of "Gel" time and gaining "MO time for you and Shoes Mr.Wolf....How many more years will you dream...?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 190, 191, 192  Next
Page 191 of 192
Jump to: