Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.

On ABC7 last night, Rob Fukazaki did his daily report on the Lakers.

They went to Fisher's welcome back party and on the red carpet, they interviewed a number of Lakers on Kobe.

Fisher, Luke and Ronny all seemed resigned to the fact that Kobe is either gone or could be gone very soon. Fisher put the best spin on it saying that he trusts the Buss and the FO to do what is best for the Lakers.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.

What else can you say, but.... (here is to you), Jerry Bust!
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.

kevin wrote:

They went to Fisher's welcome back party and on the red carpet, they interviewed a number of Lakers on Kobe.

Fisher, Luke and Ronny all seemed resigned to the fact that Kobe is either gone or could be gone very soon. Fisher put the best spin on it saying that he trusts the Buss and the FO to do what is best for the Lakers.

Is this just a personal observation or did they say specifically this was what they thought. If players are coming out and stating in no uncertain terms that they think Kobe is gone then this is big news. If it's just your opinion it really doesn't mean much.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.

ElginBaylor wrote:
kevin wrote:

Is this just a personal observation or did they say specifically this was what they thought. If players are coming out and stating in no uncertain terms that they think Kobe is gone then this is big news. If it's just your opinion it really doesn't mean much.

Well, he's using the word, "seemed" so it's clearly his own personal take on what the thinks the players are thinking.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject:

Are we to assume Kobe was not in attendence?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject:

What did the players say? I will reserve any judgment until I know exactly what they said, not based on what a poster saw second-hand and is then trying to explain to readers online.

If there is video of it, even better.

EDIT: I have been checking ABC7's Web site and I see nothing about any video or coverage of anything to do with the Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
What did the players say? I will reserve any judgment until I know exactly what they said, not based on what a poster saw second-hand and is then trying to explain to readers online.

EDIT: I have been checking ABC7's Web site and I see nothing about any video or coverage of anything to do with the Lakers.

I can't quote the players directly but to summarize, all 3 players interviewed had the attitude of "it is what it is" and it would be a real bummer if Bryant left and they "didn't know what the team would be like" if he was gone.

Ronny especially looked stumped by the questions by reporters and the whole situation.

Bryant didn't show up.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject:

kevin wrote:
encina1 wrote:

I can't quote the players directly but to summarize, all 3 players interviewed had the attitude of "it is what it is" and it would be a real bummer if Bryant left and they "didn't know what the team would be like" if he was gone.

Ronny especially looked stumped by the questions by reporters and the whole situation.

Bryant didn't show up.

How else would you expect them to answer? "Hey, Kobe's not going anywhere. We made a pinky promise."
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
kevin wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Bryant didn't show up.

How else would you expect them to answer? "Hey, Kobe's not going anywhere. We made a pinky promise."

I am not trying to be judgmental. I am just trying to report back on what I saw last night.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject:

Besides any deal tha takes place is not going to be happening as quick as the current atmosphere is suggesting... Cuban is to busy dancing to be completely into the Lakers issues... In Chicago they are so worried that giving up everything the Lakers want is going to hurt them down the line that may be coming off the board soon...

I would be willing to bet the Kobe. pissed off and all will be here if for no other reason than the Lakers can't move him...
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Besides any deal tha takes place is not going to be happening as quick as the current atmosphere is suggesting... Cuban is to busy dancing to be completely into the Lakers issues... In Chicago they are so worried that giving up everything the Lakers want is going to hurt them down the line that may be coming off the board soon...

I would be willing to bet the Kobe. pissed off and all will be here if for no other reason than the Lakers can't move him...

I agree. If the Mavs or Bulls don't won't to pay...the Lakers don't play and Kobe stays on the team until at least the trading deadline or next summer. Kobe will come back down to reality soon enough or change the number of teams he is willing to go to. Afterall didn't he say he would play on Pluto?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fisher Welcome Party. Players not too happy.

ElginBaylor wrote:
If players are coming out and stating in no uncertain terms that they think Kobe is gone then this is big news.

Not really big news at all. The FO is not going to tell those guys anything. So it would still be their opinion. Granted that may mean more than that of a media moron - but not much more.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

I am trying to not editorializes but I find it interesting the difference between the Laker press day attitude of the players .vs what I saw yesterday.

From upbeat enthusiasm and concentration on the task at hand to befuddlement and uncertainty.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject:

You know what, it is pretty F'd up that Kobe did not show for Fish's welcome back party! They won 3 titles together. I am not going to read anything else into it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject:

kevin wrote:
I am trying to not editorializes but I find it interesting the difference between the Laker press day attitude of the players .vs what I saw yesterday.

From upbeat enthusiasm and concentration on the task at hand to befuddlement and uncertainty.

Befuddlement as in they were caught unaware with that question, so what else could they say? Or that such talk is even going on now when they are trying to work together and gel?

It may have less to do with the matter of Kobe being traded and not being around than it does with not knowing how to answer the question.
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
kevin wrote:

Befuddlement as in they were caught unaware with that question, so what else could they say? Or that such talk is even going on now when they are trying to work together and gel?

It may have less to do with the matter of Kobe being traded and not being around than it does with not knowing how to answer the question.

More along the lines that they can't believe that there is even such talk going on.

And I am sorry to grease the FUD wheels here. It looks like this thread is on getgarnett.com already.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

I agree. If the Mavs or Bulls don't won't to pay...the Lakers don't play and Kobe stays on the team until at least the trading deadline or next summer. Kobe will come back down to reality soon enough or change the number of teams he is willing to go to. Afterall didn't he say he would play on Pluto?

Only if Pluto is below the salary cap.

I watched the Jim Hill report on KCAL and KCBS, and didn't get the idea that the players were too concerned with Kobe.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
You know what, it is pretty F'd up that Kobe did not show for Fish's welcome back party! They won 3 titles together. I am not going to read anything else into it.

Would you really show up at a teammate's welcome back party hosted by the same organization that is practically shoving you out the door? I think Fisher understands what Kobe is going through right now.

Geez. :roll:
kevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Would you really show up at a teammate's welcome back party hosted by the same organization that is practically shoving you out the door? I think Fisher understands what Kobe is going through right now.

I wasn't a team party. It was an unofficial party, I believe.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

If D-Fish was my friend, yes, I would.... at least show my face for 5 to 10 minutes... but that just me...

And how is Kobe being shoved out the door...
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject:

kevin wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
kevin wrote:
encina1 wrote:

Bryant didn't show up.

I am not trying to be judgmental. I am just trying to report back on what I saw last night.
Thanks for the report, Kevin! For those of us that don't live in LA, we appreciate any news. I don't know why people feel the need to jump down people's throats. :roll:
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

:roll: "shoving you out the door" :roll:

Wow! Shaq of all people can say it with straighter face than Kobe... Revise the history often?
Kobe Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

You have no idea what Kobe may have had planned, it's really not a big deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Afrosamurai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject:

I saw the clip on Fish's party too. Fish, Ronny, and Luke both seemed to think that Kobe is good as gone.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Normally I would agree with that but seeing as how everyone has been interviewed him showing up there would've turned that into a media circus not the welcome party that it should be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: