Looking for Lakerstalk.Net People!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Looking for Lakerstalk.Net People!

butcher
fatsam
nlbford'
professor falken
wilt

Shoot me a PM mates!!!!

I am The Dude
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Feel free to pm me also former LT members. I have a little something for you.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Cheers, the dude.

Phil was kind enough to set up an account for me himself, tonight. Just in time for the start of Lakers basketball!

Butcher found me on Myspace

FatSam's back to authoring, I think.

NLB is around here too he's DaMuleRules.

Wilt's probably here too, dunno which name.

Falken is dead or something...

I'm C. Montgomery Burns. Long live the legendary LT!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject:

This was actually my first Lakers-specific message board (2001). Before that, I'd spent too many of my teeny years on either the AOL or ESPN NBA boards.

Then came LT, and a long disdain for this site. Now here's me, without the disdain, Anxious to start talking about how the Lakers can get themselves out of the (bleep) hole that their management has dug.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:

CMB is here . . .

The DUDE is here!

Man, that's freaking cool right there!

-nlbford, reporting for duty.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CMB is here . . .

The DUDE is here!

Thanks again, nlb!
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see you guys again. I intend on actually sticking around and not getting banned within my first dozen posts!

I had a few different names on lakerstalk as Fatsam let you change it every once in a while.....
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
CMB is here . . .

The DUDE is here!

Thanks again, nlb!

You're welcome, but all I did was PM Phil.

I'm glad it got worked out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham wrote:
Glad to see you guys again. I intend on actually sticking around and not getting banned within my first dozen posts!

That'd be nice.

I'd be curious as to what the over/under is on that with the recent Mod changes around here.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject:

OH thank GOD!!! Saw CMB in the main forum and shot him a PM.

Any chance LT will be coming back?
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Yeah did FatSam just give up on LT or what? LT was full of layed back, chill people and the site layout was most visually appealing compared to LG and CL.

I was West Indies at Lakerstalk 2.0 and Westies at the orginal LT way back when.
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Tottenham wrote:

That'd be nice.

I'd be curious as to what the over/under is on that with the recent Mod changes around here.

Now that there is actually competent mod'ding going on I will be around for a while
JD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject:

I find it interesting that you assume, because I'm not a mod anymore, that it means things have drastically changed. The only real change, is that rules that weren't previously spelled out... are now spelled out. My input went into those rules as well.

I really haven't any desire to moderate anymore and I have communicated this to Phil and the rest of the staff. As the new title might suggest, I do continue to speak with other staff members on a regular basis and am quite certain the spirit and functionality of LG remains the same. So contrary to your belief... I do, still have influence and input on this site.

Taking little potshots, isn't winning favor with anyone. It just makes the decision (of which I was part of) to turn a page and welcome people back, questionable in some cases.

I hope you continue to enjoy the site... but, get over the need to hold onto your hate.
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
I find it interesting that you assume, because I'm not a mod anymore, that it means things have drastically changed. The only real change, is that rules that weren't previously spelled out... are now spelled out. My input went into those rules as well.

I really haven't any desire to moderate anymore and I have communicated this to Phil and the rest of the staff. As the new title might suggest, I do continue to speak with other staff members on a regular basis and am quite certain the spirit and functionality of LG remains the same. So contrary to your belief... I do, still have influence and input on this site.

Taking little potshots, isn't winning favor with anyone. It just makes the decision (of which I was part of) to turn a page and welcome people back, questionable in some cases.

I hope you continue to enjoy the site... but, get over the need to hold onto your hate.

That is adorable and all but why are you posting in a thread called Lakerstalk.net in a thread that has no mention of you at all? Did you get lost?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham wrote:
JD wrote:

That is adorable and all but why are you posting in a thread called Lakerstalk.net in a thread that has no mention of you at all? Did you get lost?
In case you didn't notice this is the user feedback forum and JD is a member of the staff. I'd suggest you stop worrying about where he posts if you want to remain here much longer.
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject:

Perhaps I was wrong and things have not changed around here....
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:

So, rather than help build the LakersGround community, which: 1) Is supported by a board that's still actually running; and 2) Has welcomed you back besides several past issues which have made us wary, you choose to retreat into a thread where members of the LakersGround community are not welcomed unless you mention them first, chiding them if they dare post here.

If you thought that kind of crap would be allowed now, then you're right -- things have NOT changed around here.

I was worried about what might happen with this thread, and you've confirmed my fears. This is the end of it.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Wow, give you a welcome here, forget the past and get this in return. :roll:

We have changed. We are not interested in being your enemy/scapegoat/ or surrogate for someone you have conflict with.

What you said above was a vailed personal attack on a member, a founding member of the site, btw.

Humility might be the lesson one should get from the failure of a community, maybe?

Almost all the mods participated in the new guidelines. It was a recognition by us all that we could and wanted to do better.

Will you try the same? Will you try and get along without being hostile to another? If you can do that, you are in the right place. If you can't, go to a community you can, for as long as that will last.
lqv2015
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Where are the Lakerstalk.Net People?

So no one knows when LT is coming back? I thought you guys all jumped off the Lakers bandwagon.
I miss those LT BBQ meetings. Oh the memories...
This is Long (Lqv2015)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: