A new low for LG

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kareem of the Crop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: A new low for LG

Please stick to your guns people. Some of the posters here need to take a break and check themselves. I am very openminded and love seeing different points of view but lately garbage has been all over this site. Its like FickleGround.net and it's getting old. I have long supported this team and many of it's outcast players like Odom and Vlad. The hate on them I can handle only because of the struggles they have gone through on this team. BUT KOBE????????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? The dude's a warrior whos been through injury hell and back! Ya he's not himself and he's trying to much but would you rather him sit like Lebron for a hangnail??? He is playing through his struggles and giving his heart to this team and his teamates! In a month or two im sure we will all be talking about him being the greatest and rightly so. We will also be talking about how underrated Odom is and how far this team has come. Please dont bite the hand that feeds you. This team would be nothing without Kobe. We all want to win now but give peace a chance and we will still emerge as a contender. It's the Holidays!!! Lets have some fun and celebrate the players we have on this team! Be positive every once in a while!!! GO LAKERS!
Romans 1:16
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:

here we go again. i dont know whats worse, all the complainers on this board or the people who complain about all the complainers with their holier than thou attitude
ctb619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A new low for LG

Kareem of the Crop wrote:
Please stick to your guns people. Some of the posters here need to take a break and check themselves. I am very openminded and love seeing different points of view but lately garbage has been all over this site. Its like FickleGround.net and it's getting old. I have long supported this team and many of it's outcast players like Odom and Vlad. The hate on them I can handle only because of the struggles they have gone through on this team. BUT KOBE????????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? The dude's a warrior whos been through injury hell and back! Ya he's not himself and he's trying to much but would you rather him sit like Lebron for a hangnail??? He is playing through his struggles and giving his heart to this team and his teamates! In a month or two im sure we will all be talking about him being the greatest and rightly so. We will also be talking about how underrated Odom is and how far this team has come. Please dont bite the hand that feeds you. This team would be nothing without Kobe. We all want to win now but give peace a chance and we will still emerge as a contender. It's the Holidays!!! Lets have some fun and celebrate the players we have on this team! Be positive every once in a while!!! GO LAKERS!

I'm with you, buddy
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject:

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:
We all want to win now but give peace a chance and we will still emerge as a contender. It's the Holidays!!! Lets have some fun and celebrate the players we have on this team! Be positive every once in a while!!! GO LAKERS!

I'm with you, buddy

ok, i changed my mind from my previous post. im down with havin some peace and love. im with you too.
Alpha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Awwww, thats so cute Colby I wanna hug all of you and squeeze you o so tight
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Awwww, thats so cute Colby I wanna hug all of you and squeeze you o so tight

Not me.. Here is what he gets
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject:

You wouldn't kick me in the nuts would you Trey?
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A new low for LG

don't allow some trolls to take over this place
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject:

This is getting pretty bad...I've been lurking on LG since 01 and its as bad as I've ever seen. Lakers Fam gotta quit hating on each other and start cheering together...come on guys. Seriously, since that JD guy lost his privileges, trolls have really been running rampant.

BTW, is this KOBE 2.0 the same guy who during the 04-05 season was writing the strangest post and who everyone kept clowning on?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:

My suggestion to everyone would be to start copying "troll" posts and PMing them to Mods asking them to take action. Since I am not a Mod, I don't know who has or who hasn't, but my guess is people have not been doing that and I would see it as a necessary step to limit the things Janggoon8 is talking about. We all should take personal responsibility for doing our part in keeping this site the way we would all like it to be... one thing to complain in a random thread, another thing to take more direct action. I myself have not PM'd mods with these kind of things, so am guilty like many others, but I will begin to.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject:

"Its Ok to yell at Odom and Vlad but not the Lord and Savior known as Kobe Bryant."

Complete joke and new low indeed.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
BTW, is this KOBE 2.0 the same guy who during the 04-05 season was writing the strangest post and who everyone kept clowning on?

We're all crazy/strange in someway but we're different.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject:

It's always those usual suspects. How about an "ignore" button on this site?
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

KOBE 2.0 wrote:
Janggoon8 wrote:

We're all crazy/strange in someway but we're different.

You're older, and you're wiser.
KOBE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject:

And prettier
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:

"Its Ok to yell at Odom and Vlad but not the Lord and Savior known as Kobe Bryant."

4real when everyone else not named Bryant is playing bad, its ok to chew them up, but when Kobe plays bad, we should all look the other way and pad him on his back, and pretend it's the 02-03 season again. Oh I get it.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A new low for LG

TheJellosJigglin' wrote:

I'm with you, buddy

thats makes it at least three of us: it's already a crowd
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:

4real when everyone else not named Bryant is playing bad, its ok to chew them up, but when Kobe plays bad, we should all look the other way and pad him on his back, and pretend it's the 02-03 season again. Oh I get it.

I think the OP is trying to point out that Bryant is injured, and that doesn't seem to compute with so many of the folks here that will turn on him because he isn't playing up to his game. Keep in mind he is in fact playing, when he could be warming the bench like LeBron did.

And I agree. This is a good topic.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:

First of all, as bad as Kobe is playing he still is having significant positive impact on game just with his presence. You can't say that about anyone else when they play bad. Second of all, Kobe has earned a pass with a decade of godly play. Third, Kobe is injured...and a pretty incapacitating injury at that. Most guys would be out a good amount of time with a groin injury. Yet he is still on the floor helping us get much needed wins. The others were fully healthy and still playing like pansies.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject:

There are 2 or 3 specific posters in here that go out of their way with pure negativity and absolutely no posts on something positive. They stay quiet when something positive happens, even on game threads. Those are the ones mods should keep their eyes on. They start thread after thread whining and complaining and putting down the team, players and coach.

But not being able to dis Kobe cause he's a warrior? C'mon, his play is ridiculous. When you're 6-26 from the field, when do you stop shooting? If you're hurt, don't jack up brick after brick, do something else to help the team. Specially Kobe, he should use the attention he draws to give it to the open guy. He hardly ever passes it to Bynum, when that would only open things up for him. Kobe needs to be smarter.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
There are 2 or 3 specific posters in here that go out of their way with pure negativity and absolutely no posts on something positive. They stay quiet when something positive happens, even on game threads. Those are the ones mods should keep their eyes on. They start thread after thread whining and complaining and putting down the team, players and coach.

But not being able to dis Kobe cause he's a warrior? C'mon, his play is ridiculous. When you're 6-26 from the field, when do you stop shooting? If you're hurt, don't jack up brick after brick, do something else to help the team. Specially Kobe, he should use the attention he draws to give it to the open guy. He hardly ever passes it to Bynum, when that would only open things up for him. Kobe needs to be smarter.

Credibility drained. He passes it to Bynum more than anyone on the etam ther than maybe Farmar.
Kobe Bryant has brought the Lakers three championships, 4 Finals, carried an absolutely pathetic team to the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference and has given us countless thrills and memories. If you are not a Kobe fan, then you are not a Laker fan.
1on5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:

kobesNBA wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

I think the OP is trying to point out that Bryant is injured, and that doesn't seem to compute with so many of the folks here that will turn on him because he isn't playing up to his game. Keep in mind he is in fact playing, when he could be warming the bench like LeBron did.

How many times do I have to say this: If he is injured to the extent that his play is suffering and perhaps exposing himself to further injury, then he should just sit for a few games to heal up to close to 100%.

If he's just playing poorly and taking bad shots and NOT following the game plan that the coaching staff seems to have been stressing the past 3+ games (play inside-out), then YES, we CAN criticize him if we want to.

There really are only two resolutions: either he sits and heals or he stops ignoring the coaches' game plan 1/2 the time.

12/9/07 @ :35
12/16/07 @ :20, :42

RG73 - "If Kobe shot the way he does now Kareem would punch him."
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject:

1on5 wrote:
kobesNBA wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:

How many times do I have to say this: If he is injured to the extent that his play is suffering and perhaps exposing himself to further injury, then he should just sit for a few games to heal up to close to 100%.

If he's just playing poorly and taking bad shots and NOT following the game plan that the coaching staff seems to have been stressing the past 3+ games (play inside-out), then YES, we CAN criticize him if we want to.

There really are only two resolutions: either he sits and heals or he stops ignoring the coaches' game plan 1/2 the time.

Should Farmar sit because he doesn't follow the gameplan half the time? Farmar has been taking quite a few bad shots as of late, and he hasn't earned the right to take those shots yet (I can live with Kobe taking some because he has historically made quite a few).

What about Sasha? When's the last time you saw him give a good pass to Bynum?

Kobe is clearly injured right now. Compare his jumper now to what it was last year or the year before. Far less lift, despite Kobe being leaner and in better shape. I would like for him to sit out a game here and there (easy games against teams like Minnesota, Philly, etc. that the Lakers should win regardless). However, I think some people underestimate the impact he makes, even when injured.

Obviously he won't sit out the NY game, since he hasn't played at MSG in two years. However, the following games are difficult, so he needs to play in those if the Lakers have any hope of winning. After that, for all we know his injury will already be feeling better. Lets hope it is, for LG's sake.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: