Why Trade Devean George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Chris Mihm a solid 35-40 min/game guy?
yes
35%
 35%  [ 22 ]
no
32%
 32%  [ 20 ]
he's just filling in until Bynum is ready
32%
 32%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 62

KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Jones better than George? What? How? In what way?

As far as I'm converned point 1, 2, and 3 is Geroge is 10 times the defender JJ is, and twice the athelte. Stronger, faster, longer, and jumps higher. End of story.

Add in that JJ and Deaven have almost the exact same carear shooting percentage from 3. Are the same in terms of rebounding, passing, and dribbling, and it makes you wonder why anyone would say James is better. The word hater comes to mind.

And since when does Devean not know the triangle? He practically ran it by himself when he came back this year.

Oh yeah....Deaven is in his final year......JUST LIKE JJ IS! Oh wow....okay.....did I miss something? What are the chances of Jerome James signing a one year deal? JJ a jouney man who hasn't yet found a place to give a great contract (which LA won't) or Deavean who has spent his entire carear here, and just got paid a bunch. I don't know, I'm not gonna bank on JJ staying over DG, that's for sure.

Bottom line, yeah, Deaven has more trade value (cause he's a better player) and if we can get something worthwhile he's expendable, but in no way is he a worse player than Jerome James, when healthy. Deaven may have some injury troubles, but he is a long athletic player who has the potential on D to shut down guys like T-Mac, showed in the playoffs he can board, and stretch the D just like JJ can. Nothing more could be asked in back-up small forward.

And Luke.....Ha!......funny stuff.

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject:

DG may have more potential, but he has not proved it on the court that he is better than Jumaine. Ten points, 6 rebounds, no technicals DG; that is all we ask. You might try beating JJ in practice, if you want to play.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject:

jerome james?

You can say what you want about Jumaine Jones, but hes proved to me last year that hes worthy of a spot on the team.
SoCalRebel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

To me it seems that we'll have to get rid of most of our expiring k's in exchange for a player(s) with a contract that ends in '07. What free agent is gonna sign a 1 year contract with the Lakers next summer? As much as I think DG and JJ are better than Luke, to me it seems that we should keep the latter and get rid of the first two by the trade deadline. That way next summer we won' t be left with a bunch of empty roster spots 'cause there's no way were gonna get any solid players to sign on with us.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Okay folks, school is in session. OUR player's name is Jumaine, not Jermaine, Jurmaine, or anything else with an R in it (That guy plays for Indiana). JU maine, JU get it?

Sorry, it's been bothering me a long time and I just needed to get that off my chest. I'll put down the coffee now :roll: .

LMAO!!
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Devean is NOT worthless, but he is a classic underacheiver. He has more raw talent then Jurmaine, but dosen't understand how to play our complex triangle system. Jurmaine in one year, figured it out, and was great in his role.

Jumaine didn't figure out anything, and neither did any of the other Laker players that didn't have triangle experience "figure out" the triangle. They ran around with poor spacing and jacked up threes, even AFTER Hamblen took over as head coach. Give Jumaine credit for what he did, which was to bust his ass, shoot a career high from 3, and get show some rebounding tenacity. But there is no way on Gods green earth that he "figured" out the triangle last season and knows the offense. Nobody did ...

And Jumaine didn't "beat out" George for his position, George spent 67 games rehabbing his surgically repaired ankle.

Not saying that George is the second coming, but Jumaine Jones neither beat out George for his position on the depth chart NOR figured out the triangle last year.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: