Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aarostotle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Cardom wrote:
Aarostotle wrote:
Why are people dogging on phil? Did you guys actually thought it would be easy to win at san antonio? Especially since we are without Bynum, Ariza, and Vlad while the spurs are healthy?

Relax guys, once Bynum comes back, we will be the best team in the west, just not with the best record at the time.

Oh my god.... don't you date defend Phil's idiotic decision makng in the third quarter.

He's been coaching the same way all year, and we are 27-13.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
You guys can rag on the other guys all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Kobe sets the tone of the game. He came out in the 3rd shoot bricks, not passing the ball, the others simple follow. The difference Kobe in the first half and the second is why we lost this game. Don't blame Phil for not calling a timeout, or leaving Kwame in the game.

Granted, Ronny was playing better but did you want him in the game picking up silly fouls inthe rd when he could play the whole 4th? Not rotating on shooters in the 3rd quarter Killed us, we gave up tons of points, a 14-0 run!!

Am just gonna put my tails between my legs and head off to bed!!!!

You SHOULD tuck your tail and run, cause that's just ridiculous. Kobe lost it? How about this? In the first half, Kobe would dribble and direct the offense. The guys were constantly moving. In the 2nd half? Kobe does the same thing, but none of the guys cut. Thus no good passing lanes for Kobe. And how about the fact that Lamar can't post up a short guy without committing an offensive foul. And was it Kobe that was constantly leaving 3-point shooters open? And yes, Phil should have called a timeout without letting the Spurs go on a 14-0 run. And no, Ronny should not have been on the bench the whole 3rd quarter. So yeah, tuck your tail and go to bed.
Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject:

When you make 22 turnovers in a game to the Spurs 8, that's where the game was lost.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Where was Ronny the whole 3rd and half the 4th?

I'm starting to believe that poster who said Phil is sabotaging games.
M. Hicks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh for Pete's sake.

1 of 82 you freakin' babies.

Quitters.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
You guys can rag on the other guys all you want, but the fact of the matter is that Kobe sets the tone of the game. He came out in the 3rd shoot bricks, not passing the ball, the others simple follow. The difference Kobe in the first half and the second is why we lost this game. Don't blame Phil for not calling a timeout, or leaving Kwame in the game.

Granted, Ronny was playing better but did you want him in the game picking up silly fouls inthe rd when he could play the whole 4th? Not rotating on shooters in the 3rd quarter Killed us, we gave up tons of points, a 14-0 run!!

You SHOULD tuck your tail and run, cause that's just ridiculous. Kobe lost it? How about this? In the first half, Kobe would dribble and direct the offense. The guys were constantly moving. In the 2nd half? Kobe does the same thing, but none of the guys cut. Thus no good passing lanes for Kobe. And how about the fact that Lamar can't post up a short guy without committing an offensive foul. And was it Kobe that was constantly leaving 3-point shooters open? And yes, Phil should have called a timeout without letting the Spurs go on a 14-0 run. And no, Ronny should not have been on the bench the whole 3rd quarter. So yeah, tuck your tail and go to bed.

I have to say I agree with everything you said except kobe covering/rotating to the shooter, although it only happened 3 times,iirc, that kobe left his man and was burned, he needs to set an example for the rest of the slackers who weren't rotating out to the shooters. If he does it and his teammates don't all the more power to kobe in calling them out.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

I have to say I agree with everything you said except kobe covering/rotating to the shooter, although it only happened 3 times,iirc, that kobe left his man and was burned, he needs to set an example for the rest of the slackers who weren't rotating out to the shooters. If he does it and his teammates don't all the more power to kobe in calling them out.

I can understand what you are saying. Sure there were 2 or 3 times at most he did it. But my gosh, the guy is entitled to make a mistake here and there. If the other guys can't follow his example now with all the stuff he is doing, they never will. I still think he is giving enough of himself that he has the right to call them out. I don't think he will call them out though. But I think we are in agreement that Kobe was NOT the reason we lost this game.
Java_C1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject:

we lost cause kobe started ball hogging in the 2nd half..pissed me off so much... why cant kobe be the facilitator every single game, similar to the way he was against denver? one of his major inconsistencies.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Java_C1 wrote:
we lost cause kobe started ball hogging in the 2nd half..pissed me off so much... why cant kobe be the facilitator every single game, similar to the way he was against denver? one of his major inconsistencies.

Are you watching what's going on around Kobe or just Kobe dribbling the ball? If you are just watching Kobe, you would see a "ball hog".. if you are watching the entire offense, you would see that Kobe has his eyes up and no one is moving.. Kwame, LO, Luke are the main culprits. Kobe plays better with Ronny and Farmar because these guys are better players off the ball.

He can't play every game like Denver because his teammates don't play every game like Denver.. Fisher was bricking shots that he made against Denver.. Odom can't post up or penetrate against the Spurs defense.. there are so many factors here. People need to see all of them.
Java_C1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Java_C1 wrote:

Are you watching what's going on around Kobe or just Kobe dribbling the ball? If you are just watching Kobe, you would see a "ball hog".. if you are watching the entire offense, you would see that Kobe has his eyes up and no one is moving.. Kwame, LO, Luke are the main culprits. Kobe plays better with Ronny and Farmar because these guys are better players off the ball.

He can't play every game like Denver because his teammates don't play every game like Denver.. Fisher was bricking shots that he made against Denver.. Odom can't post up or penetrate against the Spurs defense.. there are so many factors here. People need to see all of them.

ok i agree with all those points but does kobe really have to take a shot with 2-3 guys on him? does he have to pump fake all those times (which dont work anymore) to get a difficult shot off? I saw a few times where he had the open team mate (yeah i know we dont trust people like kwame with the ball, but when your open your open)...i'd rather farmar take a 3 with parker in his face than kobe driving to the lane when 3 guys are about to swat the crap out of him
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobe pumpfaked twice I think.. I agree about that.. that's completely unneccessary.. but, Kwame needs to set screens or be at the basket for boards or catch and finish.. that play you are talking about, Kwame was behind Kobe near the FT line.. really bad spacing.
Java_C1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Kobe pumpfaked twice I think.. I agree about that.. that's completely unneccessary.. but, Kwame needs to set screens or be at the basket for boards or catch and finish.. that play you are talking about, Kwame was behind Kobe near the FT line.. really bad spacing.

definetly agree with you on kwame. he just stands there like a tree, and yes his hands suck. but when ronny was out there in the 2nd half there wasnt the crazy passes from kobe to ronny like we saw against denver and in the 1st half tonight.

I will be honest i was in school so i didnt get home until the 2nd half, but from what i saw in the halftime highlights from of the 1st half, we were playing good team ball.

i saw 32 points in the paint for us and 8 for them at the half. we should have kept that up. we also had them outrebounded 27-17 at the half. what happened????
DazedAndConfused
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject:

It's games like this where we need Bynum the most. When teams like SAS clamp down on the defense you can't move the ball around as much and find the open man. You need a low post presence to run the offense through. Having two legitimate threats that demand double teams is what makes our offense #3 in the league. The rest all falls into place.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject:

If you had a weak Kwame and mentally lapses LO in the team plus no athletic/defense Puke we will lose any game against the elite team in the West, now, if we had Ariza and Andrew then it's a different story. Like Greg Anthony said, it's one of those lesson learned game.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: