Can Anyone Confirm? (Kwame To Be Waived - Will Join Lakers in 30 days)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Can Anyone Confirm? (Kwame To Be Waived - Will Join Lakers in 30 days)

A poster (or posters) on realgm posted that they heard on espn radio that Memphis will waive kwame. He will then rejoin the lakers in 30 days.

The 30 days is due to a lg rule.

Did anyone else hear this?

Not saying it will happen, just seeing if anyone here heard it cause i trust people here more
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
RedRider307
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Never trust what you hear on forums...

With that said, I honestly wouldn't mind paying him the Vet Min as an insurance policy... the question is, would Jerry Buss?
Pajamahadeen
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Where one relaxes on the axis of the wheels of life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested Not interested

May Jerry Buss drink the blood of every Celtic, Sp*r and Phoenix team player!

January 20, 2009<------- When John McCain is sworn in as President.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga. Better than Mbenga.
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I agree... I would bring kwame back at a vets min. Forget Mbenga
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LG rule? Wow, I didn't realize we had that much clout.

As for Kwame, bring him back for this year if you must, but there will be much more attractive options next season.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt take Kwame back if he played for free. I will live a much better life if kwame never wears a laker uniform again....
TheTalkOfTheArch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject:

i'd like to see it happen we're thin up front right now.
Let him take his 30 days heal and get in shape and comeback ready to play 18 minutes behind Bynum. Let him take the vets minimum

lol its almost like the robbery in Heat

"you buy back from us at 60 percent you make 40 percent on top of the 100 your bonds are insured for"

or something like that

I actually read on another forum that someone heard on espnnews radio that they heard thats what would happen. Its not a credible forum so I wouldn't put much weight in it but I'd like to see that happen.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject:

We need the depth. I would love to have him back as a backup.
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject:

10 day contract if true? That wouldn't hurt at all. Batter than an out of shape/maybe not play again Mimh.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject:

GOD NO DO NOT BRING BACK KWAME!!!!!!!!!! Keep that Cancer OFF OUR TEAM. Mbenga shows more heart in one game than Kwame has his whole career, plus after this 2nd 10 day contract is done, we have to either sign Mbenga for the rest of the year or find another player and wait for Kwame. That's pointless to wait as Mbenga is a good hustle player like Ronny, and had some good blocks, and rebounds in today's game against the Raptors. Not to mention that with Pau, Mbenga, Ronny and LO our front line will be fine until Bynum comes back. If Mihm comes back then Kwame is pointless. Plus ITS KWAME STONE HANDS BROWN, I Don't want him back GO THE F!!! AWAY!!!!KWAME!!!!!!

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I doubt they buy him out, but if they did I'm sure we'd offer him the remainder of our MLE (about $1M). Kwame is a good backup and his teammates enjoy being around him. If you can get him for cheap he's worth bringing back.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Just say no to BattleCat!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I would take him back, thats 6 more fouls and at least some D or TD and Amare. Mbenga makes my head hurt when he is in the game. Just don't give Kwame the Ball lol
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject:

It's the Gary Payton rule, for when Gary Payton refused to report to Atlanta after being traded there from Boston. Atlanta waived him and he immediately went back to Boston. When the league redid the CBA, they put in a rule to prevent the same thing from happening again.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:
It's the Gary Payton rule, for when Gary Payton refused to report to Atlanta after being traded there from Boston. Atlanta waived him and he immediately went back to Boston. When the league redid the CBA, they put in a rule to prevent the same thing from happening again.

Yeah, I remember that.

I would take Kwame for a low contract. Maybe we can sign him for only 1 year, so that he is an expiring contract again?
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:

That wouldn't be correct. The only thing is: the original team that has traded a player can't sign him back (if waived) 30 days after the trade...
EHL_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject:

He's a very solid defender when healthy, but worthless otherwise, obviously. He's mentally weak and that may or may not be contagious...but I definitely take him back for the minimum.
RabidCB
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Bring him back. The hate directed at him was not created by him but by expectations of fans and media. He may not be the smartest player or offensive threat but he belongs in the NBA. I would like to see him return to the form he had last year where he was a big plus on the D side. Guy deserves a break, despite the unrealistic expectations we as fans and the media have placed on him.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Dennis_D wrote:

That wouldn't be correct. The only thing is: the original team that has traded a player can't sign him back (if waived) 30 days after the trade...

What isn't correct? Here is the rule (link):
Quote:
If a team trades a player and the player is subsequently waived by the assignee team, the assignor team will not be permitted to sign the player to a new contract (or claim him off of waivers) until at least 30 days have passed following the date the trade was made (or 20 days for trades that occur during the off-season).

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
Dennis_D wrote:

Quote:
If a team trades a player and the player is subsequently waived by the assignee team, the assignor team will not be permitted to sign the player to a new contract (or claim him off of waivers) until at least 30 days have passed following the date the trade was made (or 20 days for trades that occur during the off-season).

Fine, then wait 30 days to re-sign Kwame.

1. No team will claim him off waivers.

2. It isn't a big deal for Kwame. He misses more than 30 days on torn hang nails.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Dennis_D wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
Dennis_D wrote:

Quote:

Sorry - I understood your post as it is impossible at all. You have quoted absolutely correctly the CBA rule I was referring to as well.

There is another complication though: 30 days from today is on March 2nd. Only players that are on the roster on March 1 can be included on the playoff team roster...
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:

i'd take him back...he's better than mbenga any day.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Why are people against adding a big body off the bench that can defend well? What, we want to keep resigning mbenga to 10-day contracts?
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Why are people against adding a big body off the bench that can defend well? What, we want to keep resigning mbenga to 10-day contracts?

mbenga CAN'T be signed to endless 10-day contracts. his present 10-day is the 2nd and last...after that, lakers have to offer him a guaranteed contract for the rest of the season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: