17%  [ 3 ]
He should be banned from the NHL
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 17

SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Hockey fans: Bertuzzi's reinstatement?

Does anyone feel his punishment was enough?
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject:

no. he ended someone's career. pretty much everyone was suspended for a year because of the holdout.
hapn14
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject:

no they should have ended his carrer

Get Well Soon Ronny!!

LetsGo Pats!! (5-4)
Let Go Sox!!Stay Faitfull RSN Well have a nice offseason coming up!
Lets Go Lakers!! (4-4)Lac Going Down Tonight
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject:

He should be out at least until the other player has made a full recovery.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject:

You have to understand the circumstances surrounding the incident.

If I remember correctly, Steve Moore, a marginal player at best, gave a dirty hit to the best player on Vancouver's team, Markus Naslund in the previous meeting between the teams. These types of actions are not looked upon favourably by players.

Everyone knew that in the next game something would happen because of the bad blood between the teams. If you watch the incident, Todd Bertuzzi was trying to get Moore to turn around, own up and fight but Moore (a coward in my opinion) would have nothing of it. I believe the injury Moore sustained happened not with Bertuzzi's punch from behind but by the way Moore's head was angled as both players were going down.

If Steve Moore would have been man enough to turn around and face Bertuzzi, or any other player, this incident would have never happened and we wouldn't know who Steve Moore was. He attempted to injure a player and ran away from the consequences of his actions.

If you're not into hockey, it would be the same as having an opposing team's 11th or 12th man purposely attempt to injure Kobe, run away from, say, Lamar Odom as Odom attempts to fight him, hurting his neck falling to the floor as Odom jumps on his back to tackle him down and having the media attack Odom only.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject:

what bertuzzi did is inexcusible. he should be banned for life. Im sorry but he just cheap shoted a guy from behind. I don't care about any previous beefs with any other players. Hell, in hockey you can simply hit someone hard in the context of the game and nothing will be thought of it. Bertuzzi CHEAP SHOT this guy causing him to get severly injured. You can't blame the ice cuz thats what technically hurt him because Bertuzzi made him hit it. And why is it Steve Moore's fault that he didn't fight him? Why should he want to fight him? It better to avoid that conflict. Im sorry but there is no way that Bertuzzi should be allowed to return to Hockey.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I know all about that fight.

Bertuzzi served enough time. But noway was he not a bigger coward for knocking Moore from behind. That's 10 times worse than Moore not fighting him.

I will never get why Candians tend to be the nicest people in the world until they put on some hockey skates.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm not excusing what Bertuzzi did and I think he should get another 20 games at least in suspensions.

BUT......

You have to understand how it works with hockey. A few years back, they instituted the instigator rule. That is, if you were deemed to start a fight, you got the 5 minute penalty for fighting PLUS a 2 minute instigator penalty. This was a way that some boardroom suits thought would stop fighting.

It hasn't. Fighters haven't stopped fighting. It's part of the game. What this rule did was give power to the cheap shot artists in the league. Before, you thought twice before doing something dirty because if you did you knew there would be retribution. If there was a fight that would be the end of it. Now, if you do something dirty, the other team would attempt retribution and get penalized for it while the dirty player would turtle (cover your head and fall to the ice) and get nothing. This empowered the dirty players and incidents of high-sticking, spearing, hitting from behind etc. have increased, of course, all against the skilled star players.

Bertuzzi deserves a lengthy suspension and fine for the outcome of his actions. However, Moore should not be absolved of any blame though for what he did as well, as he has been until now. It's too bad he got injured, but he knew that payback was coming. Bertuzzi is not known as a dirty player or cheap shot artist. If Moore would have faced Bertuzzi or any other Canuck, nothing other than a fight at most would have occurred and that would have been the end of that.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
You have to understand the circumstances surrounding the incident.

If I remember correctly, Steve Moore, a marginal player at best, gave a dirty hit to the best player on Vancouver's team, Markus Naslund in the previous meeting between the teams. These types of actions are not looked upon favourably by players.

Everyone knew that in the next game something would happen because of the bad blood between the teams. If you watch the incident, Todd Bertuzzi was trying to get Moore to turn around, own up and fight but Moore (a coward in my opinion) would have nothing of it. I believe the injury Moore sustained happened not with Bertuzzi's punch from behind but by the way Moore's head was angled as both players were going down.

If Steve Moore would have been man enough to turn around and face Bertuzzi, or any other player, this incident would have never happened and we wouldn't know who Steve Moore was. He attempted to injure a player and ran away from the consequences of his actions.

If you're not into hockey, it would be the same as having an opposing team's 11th or 12th man purposely attempt to injure Kobe, run away from, say, Lamar Odom as Odom attempts to fight him, hurting his neck falling to the floor as Odom jumps on his back to tackle him down and having the media attack Odom only.

you bring a really good point about how Bertuzzi is placed as this evil guy. it is unforutnate the way they fell onto the ice. the punishment still doesn't seem to fit.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject:

I wonder what the penalty in the States would be for hitting someone from behind with a stick of wood and leaving them paralyzed? He is lucky he didn't get 5 years in maximum security prison. He at the very least should ahve to wear a 5 X 7 sign on his jersey that says "Goon"
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I wonder what the penalty in the States would be for hitting someone from behind with a stick of wood and leaving them paralyzed? He is lucky he didn't get 5 years in maximum security prison. He at the very least should ahve to wear a 5 X 7 sign on his jersey that says "Goon"

He didn't hit someone from behind with a stick of wood and leave him paralyzed. Please check a little about the story to form a more informed opinion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: