The 2008 LakersGround Donation Drive - $4,065 Raised! New Server Ordered!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject:

So should we put out spies out there to see if Zev or DB just happen to walk out of Best Buy with a new 60-inch plasma HDTV?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Here's another grand for yall. 5000 now!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
So should we put out spies out there to see if Zev or DB just happen to walk out of Best Buy with a new 60-inch plasma HDTV?

Jerry Atrick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

What is going to happen to the old server? Does it have a resale value or do you keep it for a back-up?

Maybe you could trade it in or sell it on E-Bay.

Regards, J.A.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Not sure. I think we should keep it around. We may decide at some point that we need two servers, one for the database and one for everything else. And that server would be good for that.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:

DB - I have a question for you and the great staff here at my beloved LG.

Will we be able to post though the mobile version of the site with the server upgrade?

If not, will the mobile version be upgraded so we can choose a forum to go to like on the big site?

Example: This post is on page 11 of this thread. At the bottom I can choose to go to a previous page and a different forum. On the mobile (togo) site I can choose to go to any page of the thread but not to a forum so I am forced to either go to the homepage (which is my homepage on my laptop and ppc) or push the back button a numerous amount of time.

Thanks for lending an ear and if this is not the place for this, please move the post.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Same software initially, so no new features for a while. We'll evaluate enhancements separate and apart from the server upgrade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
v3n
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:

Will we be able to post though the mobile version of the site with the server upgrade?

If not, will the mobile version be upgraded so we can choose a forum to go to like on the big site?

Example: This post is on page 11 of this thread. At the bottom I can choose to go to a previous page and a different forum. On the mobile (togo) site I can choose to go to any page of the thread but not to a forum so I am forced to either go to the homepage (which is my homepage on my laptop and ppc) or push the back button a numerous amount of time.

Thanks for lending an ear and if this is not the place for this, please move the post.

Sorry for being off topic but how do you access the mobile version of the site? I've just been loading the normal version, which is kind of annoying.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject:

v3n wrote:
psydesho wrote:

Sorry for being off topic but how do you access the mobile version of the site? I've just been loading the normal version, which is kind of annoying.

http://forums.lakersground.net/togo/
Star
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
v3n wrote:
psydesho wrote:

http://forums.lakersground.net/togo/

thanks for pointing that out. I have been around for a while and never realized there was a mobile version. Been doing the same thing, getting the full site on my phone which can take a while to download. Now I'll be reading even more Lakersground while I'm on the train
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject:

you guys should hold a lakerground pregame bbq at a laker game to celebrate and get everyone together.....we hear redsox nation, yankee country, but this is lakers and lakersground universe!!!!
airkewld
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

r u 4 real?

DB, I 4 one am ecstatic that this is happening. I appreciate it. I myself donated $50 on day 2.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
you guys should hold a lakerground pregame bbq at a laker game to celebrate and get everyone together.....we hear redsox nation, yankee country, but this is lakers and lakersground universe!!!!

That's actually a pretty good idea. Like on a weekend (prob. a Sunday game) or something. It will be cool to see how much better looking I am compared to the rest of you guys.
Mathematics
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Math teachers who volunteer their coaching services don't make much $$$.

But please accept my humble $25 contribution to a wonderful site.

Thanks for a very well administered site, with a solid base of knowledgable posters I truly wish I could give more.
GailGoodrich25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

jumpinmp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Wow. Serious? Wow.

P.S. Thanks to every member who donated, and to the admins past/present of Lakersground for keeping it going through the years.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jumpinmp wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Wow. Serious? Wow.

P.S. Thanks to every member who donated, and to the admins past/present of Lakersground for keeping it going through the years.

No, I don't believe he was serious. Unfortunately.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

That's actually a pretty good idea. Like on a weekend (prob. a Sunday game) or something. It will be cool to see how much better looking I am compared to the rest of you guys.

You're just lucky I don't live in LA.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject:

If there's any extra money, can you get Exick some filly? I think he needs it...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject:

If this has been asked please excuse me. How will we know when the new server is operational. Oh yeah, will it have spell check

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Just log in after a game.

BTW, the software will be a straight port of the current software at first. We don't want any extra variables. So don't expect any new features at first.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject:

just checking in - any updates on the new server?

I'm anticipating it almost as much as GTA:IV

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject:

We've received it and set it up. Just made final arrangements with the colo this morning. Final config (i.e., temporary IP provided by the colo) should be done tomorrow. I believe we'll be shipping it to them on Wednesday. I imagine we'll have it installed at the colo sometime next week, and be transitioned over in about two weeks.
dna.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the update!

Looks like it will be ready just in time for the playoffs!

Thanks everyone!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11
Jump to: