In Honor of Emplay -- Who is it going to be?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is it going to be?
Barry!
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Rose!
34%
 34%  [ 102 ]
Curry!
18%
 18%  [ 56 ]
KG! (ha ha ha)
21%
 21%  [ 63 ]
Other player. I dont know who!
21%
 21%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 296

lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Showtime_32 wrote:
Chandler

Chandler Bing?

You mean "Chanandler Bong."

you mean MS.chanandler Bong
abc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
I haven't had a chance to read much of the postings today - but what I specifically meant was Mitch is either foolish for waiting and waiting for the perfect player - and ends up just blowing the next 2 years while LA waits for cap space.

OR

He's a genius who played the right kind of poker and manages to put together a really exciting team for the next 2 years - who may not win it all - but will be fun to watch and competitive (a la the pre-Shaq era 90's Lakers).

How about this for an exciting team that would be fun to watch and competitive, but might be too young up front to win it all:

C - Kwame
PF - Bosh
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Rose

This is complete pipe, but here's my blockbuster with Toronto and New Orleans (that works according to RealGM):

Rose & Bosh to Lakers
Magliore & Vlade & Slava & George to Toronto
Mihm & Miami 1st & Toronto 1st to New Orleans.

Lakers like the deal because they get a tri PG and a potential star PF for Mihm and crap (yes, total pipe). Kwame would play C.

Toronto does the deal because they want Magliore (he's Canadian and was an all-star in the east), don't have to wait two years until he's a FA, and save $3 mil immediately by cutting Vlade, and then save tons of money in 06-07 b/c they're getting expiring contracts for Rose. Also, they might think of Villanueva as their PF of the future (Bosh is better, but this is Toronto we're talking about, and a pipe dream to boot)

New Orleans gets a C they can re-sign in two years, plus a couple more draft picks.
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping for Chandler and others from the Bulls(after hearing the blockbuster word lol).

Good Luck Emplay with your soon to be newborn.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject:

abc wrote:
emplay wrote:
I haven't had a chance to read much of the postings today - but what I specifically meant was Mitch is either foolish for waiting and waiting for the perfect player - and ends up just blowing the next 2 years while LA waits for cap space.

OR

He's a genius who played the right kind of poker and manages to put together a really exciting team for the next 2 years - who may not win it all - but will be fun to watch and competitive (a la the pre-Shaq era 90's Lakers).

How about this for an exciting team that would be fun to watch and competitive, but might be too young up front to win it all:

C - Kwame
PF - Bosh
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Rose

This is complete pipe, but here's my blockbuster with Toronto and New Orleans (that works according to RealGM):

Rose & Bosh to Lakers

Lakers like the deal because they get a tri PG and a potential star PF for Mihm and crap (yes, total pipe). Kwame would play C.

Toronto does the deal because they want Magliore (he's Canadian and was an all-star in the east), don't have to wait two years until he's a FA, and save $3 mil immediately by cutting Vlade, and then save tons of money in 06-07 b/c they're getting expiring contracts for Rose. Also, they might think of Villanueva as their PF of the future (Bosh is better, but this is Toronto we're talking about, and a pipe dream to boot)

New Orleans gets a C they can re-sign in two years, plus a couple more draft picks.

no way in hell toronto trades bosh period.
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject:

i say rose, has a two deal, fits cap space plan and raptors getting endings k's

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject:

abc wrote:

C - Kwame
PF - Bosh
SF - Odom
SG - Kobe
PG - Rose

Rose & Bosh to Lakers

Pipe or not, it may be a more likely achievable scheme compared to any KG scenario.

For Lakers, there is no question.

Toronto can always switch Villanueva in Bosh position and get what they wish in McGloire and put George/Slave as SFs. But you have to believe that they are really alright with swapping Bosh for Magloire.

The only question mark here is NO. Would they be satisfied with Mihm and 2 picks? Since the rumor has been that they are high on Mihm, two first round picks can be an incentive for a better package after next season.

If this scenario does happen, it will be a genius.
lakersflambe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject:

Serious NBA Fan wrote:
Its Magloire and Brown for Mihm, Vlade, George and Cook. So far, the Lakers wouldn't give up mihm as part of the trade. I guess they changed their minds.

BTW, this is only my speculation, BUT its based on the following:

The player(s) received had to have 07 contracts
The deal must have been in the works for a while waiting for one side to run ouf options and pay the other team's price.
No way chicago gives up Tyson and we don't want curry for more than 2 years

With DA and McKie at guards, it would be NICE!

Magloire and Brown for Mihm, Vlade, Cook and Dev could very well qualify for LTL's use of "blockbuster," imo. Hell, I'd throw in the Miami pick if it would help get the deal done.

Magloire / Bynum
Kwame / PJ / Slava (trade bait for picks?)
Odom / JJ / Walton
Kobe / Wafer / Profit (same as Slava)
DA / Smush

I could live with that lineup.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject:

lakersflambe wrote:
Serious NBA Fan wrote:
Its Magloire and Brown for Mihm, Vlade, George and Cook. So far, the Lakers wouldn't give up mihm as part of the trade. I guess they changed their minds.

BTW, this is only my speculation, BUT its based on the following:

The player(s) received had to have 07 contracts
The deal must have been in the works for a while waiting for one side to run ouf options and pay the other team's price.
No way chicago gives up Tyson and we don't want curry for more than 2 years

With DA and McKie at guards, it would be NICE!

Magloire and Brown for Mihm, Vlade, Cook and Dev could very well qualify for LTL's use of "blockbuster," imo. Hell, I'd throw in the Miami pick if it would help get the deal done.

Magloire / Bynum
Kwame / PJ / Slava (trade bait for picks?)
Odom / JJ / Walton
Kobe / Wafer / Profit (same as Slava)
DA / Smush

I could live with that lineup.

Either this one or the one suggested by "abc" (three way trade with toronto which would give us Rose and Bosh) would be acceptable.

Jakson likes Slava. I think he might want to keep him if he is not traded.
Besides the line up you mentioned above, we may still have 1/2 MLE and and an LLE for another PG and PF.

Man... we are still high on KG!!
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Bystander wrote:
Lionel said that some posters may still not like it, so scratch out KG pipe dream, I cannot imagine anyone not liking it.

Man, that's awfully good if only some poster won't like it. I have to read that the majority of the posters will like it! There is no other way round.

Last edited by startrex on Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject:

startrex wrote:
Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
emplay wrote:

OR

With his Buddhist-like answers, I've always suspected that emplay is actually Phil Jackson.

And then the thought of Phil is about to have a baby named Maya killed your Buddhist-like guess instantly.

Hey, Phil's man enough.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:

startrex wrote:
emplay wrote:

OR

With his Buddhist-like answers, I've always suspected that emplay is actually Phil Jackson.

And then the thought of Phil is about to have a baby named Maya killed your Buddhist-like guess instantly.

Hey, Phil's man enough.

OK. Fair enough. But man, can you change your screen name? It reminds me of someone I cursed a lot in the past.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Most likely Rose. Long shot Curry. Pipe dream: Chandler. Ultimate pipe dream: KG. Resurrected from the dead: Bender.

It seems that the latest hottest stuff is "Resurrected from the dead Bender + ARTEST and Croshere."

The speculation goes on!!
CarlJohnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Artest
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject:

CarlJohnson wrote:
Sounds like Artest

Sounds like no way! Odom is here to stay.

Most posters guessed it correctly that McKie would accept LA offer first.
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=7310

Will they be correct again in predicting the coming of Rose at least? Or Rose + Curry?

We'll see (although am not really happy to let Mihm go if the "blockbuster" has to happen).
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject:

My brain hurts. Cant they just announce the trade already Either way, theyre doing a great job of keeping it from getting out.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject:

Kazaam wrote:
My brain hurts. Cant they just announce the trade already Either way, theyre doing a great job of keeping it from getting out.

What/which trade(s) were you talking about K?
Again, I'll say again that this is not like ordering a burger our way at Burger King. It won't come out fast and cheap.

I still cant beleive KG is at par or ahead of Curry!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:

Any update on this "supposed" trade?

Maybe its not going to happen ala Jonathan Bender.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Any update on this "supposed" trade?

Maybe its not going to happen ala Jonathan Bender.

Your guess has a 50% probability of happenning.

Any blockbuster, if there is any, only needs one team to whine too much to make if a total failure. The only slight hint is Mitch's interview which basically confirmed we needed a big man and a pg. Which we already knew without having him on an interview.

If I were you, I'd keep my expectation as follows:
--Low ---> no trades.
--Medium ---> trade for Rose/Curry
--High ---> Artest/bender/Croshere and Rose
--Super--> KG.
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

KG is really on? Who are the 2 teams outside NY?

From hoopsworld.com

Quote:
Its only a matter of time before disgruntled Kevin Garnett asks out of Minnesota. According to inside sources, New York and 2 other teams have been mentioned as possible destinations for Kevin Garnett. With that being said, see who the Knicks and the other teams would possibly package to receive the perrinnal MVP candidate.
[Aug 23, 2005, 12:00]

SucriCDniM
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject:

where's the option that no trade happens?
startrex
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject:

SucriCDniM wrote:
where's the option that no trade happens?

You'll see it next time we hear another trade/possible tip.
Thx.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: