Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

The fan reportedly peppered Derek with all kinds of bad names including "Liar" leading to Fisher barking back and being visibly upset.....

Not sure if this bothers anyone else but this pisses me right off as a Lakers fan!!!!

This just solidifies my opinion that Utah has the most classless fans in the history of professional sports!!!!
NatureBoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Use it as fuel for Game 4

turn a negative into a positive!
Dwarf Nebula
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

MAJIC wrote:
The fan reportedly peppered Derek with all kinds of bad names including "Liar" leading to Fisher barking back and being visibly upset.....

Not sure if this bothers anyone else but this pisses me right off as a Lakers fan!!!!

This just solidifies my opinion that Utah has the most classless fans in the history of professional sports!!!!

If this is true it's pretty sad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Good. It will give the lakers a bit more fuel to come out with more aggression next game from the opening tap.

SGH
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject:

I think they need to do that to Gasol to fire him up. He's looked really scared this series.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject:

If true, then yes, I think this will fuel the Lakers going into game 4.

I thought they would be motivated enough as is, but this is in another league.

I won't put down the people of Utah in general, but like anywhere else they have a fair share of fans who are lousy human beings and by all rights should probably be institutionalized.
laker_pride
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject:

fisher is coming out blazing on sunday. mark my word
joker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject:

something like this shouldn't just piss us off as laker fans. This is on another level. These people just don't seem to understand the real and very serious reasons why fish left. I mean yea he could have gone to ny or some other big city, but L.A. is his comfort zone, he has been here before, lived here, his family has lived here. It was all about his family in the first place wasn't it? I mean if he can get his family to a good situation and as a result wind up in L.A. shouldn't they be happy for him as opposed to angry? Would they only be satisfied if he could end up in another big city with treatment for his daughter that wasn't L.A.? What kind of bone-headed reasoning is that? It just ain't right. I hate to categorize with classy/classless....but that is just well....just sad i guess.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Good. It will give the lakers a bit more fuel to come out with more aggression next game from the opening tap.

SGH

Mabe that aggression is what got Fish into foul trouble early?

Too bad they weren't doing it to Gasol. Of course, maybe Gasol would've ended up dropping passes because he couldn't see the ball through his tears.

Looking forward to seeing him play PF next year.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject:

RedSnapper wrote:
Sister Golden Hair wrote:

SGH

Mabe that aggression is what got Fish into foul trouble early?

Too bad they weren't doing it to Gasol. Of course, maybe Gasol would've ended up dropping passes because he couldn't see the ball through his tears.

Looking forward to seeing him play PF next year.

Dude,

It's a basketball GAME. Unlike the Aztecs, the losers don't get beheaded.

Chill.

SGH
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vic "The Brick" Jacobs just confirmed on the Joe McDonnell show that a crazy Jazz fan confronted D-Fish during a commercial T.O.

Dwarf Nebula wrote:
MAJIC wrote:

If this is true it's pretty sad.

This has a 99.9% chance of being true because I read a post in a different thread by someone who was at the game and mentioned he saw Fish mix it up with a fan during a time out.....

After reading that and then hearing Vic the Brick on the radio say he saw pretty much the same thing , I don't see how this can't be true.....

Plus we're talking about Utah here so nothing should really be a surprise or shock....
LakerGirl25
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I can understand fans of opposing teams disliking some of our players, but Fisher (and Turiaf) are two guys that are really really tough to dislike. I wonder during what part of the game this incident happened. Fisher is one of the calmest guys in the NBA, so for him to go off, who knows what this jazz fan said. It's great to have such a loud and loyal fanbase like the Jazz or the Kings have, but it's really unfortunate when you hear this sort of thing. I guess all the Lakers can do is try to use it as extra motivation for game 4.
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject:

The majority of Jizz fans are nasty and trashy. These are the same idiots that threw bleep on the court and the same creeps that booed Fisher. But there are fans like this in every arena, so these guys better get used to it, otherwise strap on a pair of diapers for these guys. They're not rookies... this is ridiculous.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Where are the security in the arena? NBA should investigate on this this could put players in danger.

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject:

lakers1969 wrote:
Where are the security in the arena? NBA should investigate on this this could put players in danger.
That thought crossed my mind as well....

HTF does someone get that close to a player during a TO to begin with???

What's to stop some deranged lunatic Jazz fan from pulling a Monica Seles on one of our guys if they really wanted to???
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:

LO for Artest and it would have been "on"!
Dario
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject:

LO for Artest and it would have been over for the lakers
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject:

Dario wrote:
LO for Artest and it would have been over for the lakers

too true
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject:

Dumb Move.
Jazz fans have no idea what awaits them on sunday.
KobeForTheWin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject:

Laker_Leo wrote:
Dumb Move.
Jazz fans have no idea what awaits them on sunday.

a spankin!
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject:

Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive.

And it's really bad in the NBA. I guess it's the closer proximity to the players, you can see them more easily, and they're playing in their skivvies... Fans feel more free to hurl invective I guess.

It's gotten very personal and profane. It's a real shame and a societal thing. That said, the Utah fans have behaved like classless jerks toward Fisher. I can understand the booing right now when it's playoffs and whatnot, but the booing from the game in November was inexcusable. And some deranged fan trying to get into his grill and insulting his integrity is way beyond the pale.

But the media has gone far enough with the booing of Fish angle. And Fish needs to get over it too. It's done, it's over, not everybody in Utah feels that way, and now it's time to take care of business. So there's some idiots in Utah that hate Derek Fisher now...so what? Eff 'em. Let's get this team out of our face and make Sunday our last game in that hellhole until next season.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Let's face it, our society is becoming more and more hostile, and the general fan behavior at sporting events now is increasingly boorish and offensive.

And it's really bad in the NBA. I guess it's the closer proximity to the players, you can see them more easily, and they're playing in their skivvies... Fans feel more free to hurl invective I guess.

It's gotten very personal and profane. It's a real shame and a societal thing. That said, the Utah fans have behaved like classless jerks toward Fisher. I can understand the booing right now when it's playoffs and whatnot, but the booing from the game in November was inexcusable. And some deranged fan trying to get into his grill and insulting his integrity is way beyond the pale.

But the media has gone far enough with the booing of Fish angle. And Fish needs to get over it too. It's done, it's over, not everybody in Utah feels that way, and now it's time to take care of business. So there's some idiots in Utah that hate Derek Fisher now...so what? Eff 'em. Let's get this team out of our face and make Sunday our last game in that hellhole until next season.

I might be inclined to agree had this been in a metro area plagued with urban blight, but it took place in Salt Lake City. The Jazz fans have always been among the most vicious and nasty in the NBA. I think there is a stronger correlation between classless, vicious fan behavior and small cities that have only one major sports team. Think Sacramento.
SwingLeftShootRight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject:

Jazz fans are classless; always have been.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

I might be inclined to agree had this been in a metro area plagued with urban blight, but it took place in Salt Lake City. The Jazz fans have always been among the most vicious and nasty in the NBA. I think there is a stronger correlation between classless, vicious fan behavior and small cities that have only one major sports team. Think Sacramento.

It's probably a little more visceral in the smaller towns, but having been at pro ballgames in several of both types of cities, imo there's not a lot of difference.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject:

When they say confronted, what do they mean? Like got out onto the court and in his face?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: