How many POINTS will KOBE BRYANT average NEXT SEASON?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many POINTS will KOBE BRYANT average NEXT SEASON?
22ppg
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
23ppg
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
24ppg
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
25ppg
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
26ppg
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
27ppg
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
28ppg
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
29ppg
19%
 19%  [ 22 ]
30ppg
21%
 21%  [ 24 ]
31ppg
27%
 27%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 112

Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Does it really matter? We know what Kobe brings to the table. The question really is can he elevate his teammates level of play? Despite last year's disaster, he did make strides in the leadership category. If he can convince his teammates to not just watch his greatness and foster more team play, the Lakers will be alright this year. So it doesn't really matter how much he scores. It doesn't make sense for him to lead the league in scoring, but have his team goes to the lottery. That won't bode well for him.

Another tid bit. I would love to see him NOT dominate the 4th quarter anymore. That makes LA too predictable. With a more balanced attack, he shouldn't have to shoulder such a load in the 4th. If it is within 2 minutes of the game, granted he should take over -- even sooner than that if no one else is balling with him.

Just my thoughts...

who's the girl in your avatar?

None other than Christina Milian!! She is soo hot!!!
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject:

kobe will get 29.4 pts!!!
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject:

56ppg
el juey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Does it really matter? We know what Kobe brings to the table. The question really is can he elevate his teammates level of play?

that's the real question !
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe could very well take his game to a whole new level this year. Being the apex of the triangle a la Jordan, coupled with the fact that he (supposedly) will no longer have to be a facilitator, but just play the wing and be a finisher should make a significant difference. There is a very realistic chance Kobe will average at least 30 ppg. Just think back to the middle of the 2002-03 season when Shaq was still working his way into shape after his surgery. We were under .500, and Phil told Kobe to go all out offensively and look to score early in transition instead of just setting the table and waiting for Shaq to get in the post. I'm not saying that Kobe will have another sick streak of 40+ games, but we may very well see that style of ball of Kobe overall.

My concern is that he won't get much help offensively. Lamar, even if he doesn't improve, is good for 16-17 ppg, but no one else on this team is any kind of scoring threat, and even Lamar doesn't have that proactive mentality on offense. Unless Kwame breaks out or we trade for a legit scoring threat, we may see Kobe have plenty of spectacular offensive games, but we'll lose a fair amount of them because we won't be able to score enough points as a team. It's foolish to think that just having Kobe makes us a decent offensive team. Sorry, but offense, like defense, is a TEAM effort, and you can't have one guy scoring 35-40 while the other guys don't have the ability to step up. Just look at the late 80s Bulls for a comparison.
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject:

AuthoritativeFigure wrote:
Charles wrote:
AuthoritativeFigure wrote:
Charles wrote:

Where in Compton are you from exactly?
I don't live there anymore, I left at 16.

If you hadn't left you might be dead by now.

Right about that one..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: