mhan00 wrote:
Buddha wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Buddha wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Buddha wrote:
Brand New wrote:
Yeah, why did Phil bench Drew?

He's never really liked Andrew. He'll do any little thing to undermine his game.

or maybe it was because tim thomas was subbed in to the game, and lamar is a better cover on him than bynum? hmmmm.

and odom came in and kicked some ass too.

Thomas isn't going to burn Bynum play after play. Besides Pau was out there too. And it had been Shaq instead of Bynum, Phil would've left him in there, thus showing his bias.

Give it up already....

If that's all you have to say then it's clear you already have.

there is a huuuuuuge difference between shaq in his prime and andrew bynum right now. shaq would take thomas down into the post and destroy him, more than making up for any points he would give up on the other end, bynum hasn't shown that yet.

bynum's main strengths are interior defense and monster rebounding. lamar provides above average perimeter defense (against big men) and monster rebounding. lamar was the better matchup.

Uh, Bynum wouldn't be guarded by Tim Thomas. If he were, then yes, Bynum WOULD destroy him on every play down low if our guards would get him the ball. He's already destroyed the likes of Amare, Okafor, Bogut, etc. Thomas would get smacked out of the way with a pinky flick.
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Luke gets paid $5 million/year to watch Lakers games courtside. On top of that, he gets to actually PLAY alongside the Lakers once in awhile, despite the fact that he's no better than the average fan. What an awesome job to have. I doubt any reasonable human being would ever complain about having that job....
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
Seems like Paul gets out of sync when things get physical.

The league has known this for about 5 years

Bynum has definitely had an impact in most of our wins, but that's what kills me about the fact he's not really showing signs of being a big time scorer on this particular team (regardless of whether it's his fault or the team's for not getting him the ball). Gasol is no question all-star level talent and can play a key role in helping us get far, but who's our real second option on this team if Kobe goes cold? I'm still wondering what we'll do offensively when physical teams like Boston form a wall around Kobe and start throwing people around. I don't like having to put all my hope in Vujacic and Rad knocking down their 3s.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Buddha wrote:
Luke gets paid $5 million/year to watch Lakers games courtside. On top of that, he gets to actually PLAY alongside the Lakers once in awhile, despite the fact that he's no better than the average fan. What an awesome job to have. I doubt any reasonable human being would ever complain about having that job....

stillmatic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject:

wackymathay wrote:
Jordan "Disses' his Laker BFF

Thanks for the video bro..

You guys are trippppin, Farmar putting Luke on blast like that on TV? I'm willing to be in Luke's mind he wanted to go off on Farmar.

Dont try and tell me they're BFF, i already know that lol.

Anyways, I don't care personally, that was funny as hell, You can bet your ass Luke will get him back tho.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject:

Buddha wrote:

No need to exaggerate. He is not my favorite player, but that statement is way off.
stillmatic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Buddha wrote:

No need to exaggerate. He is not my favorite player, but that statement is way off.

Wow, thanks for bumpin this OLG....Buddha gtfo bro....people hate on Luke around here cuz well, we need someone to pick on, but Luke would SH!T on the average fan, I'm not even gonna get into it, but don't ever ever ever ever compare a Pro baller to an avg fan.

You could send my boy Sasha to your local gym and he would tear everyone there a new one.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject:

Quotes of the game:

"You're f*ckin' us over!" - Mike Dunleavy

" WHAT!!!??? BULLSH*T!!!: - Lamar Odom
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject:

illmatic wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Buddha wrote:

Wow, thanks for bumpin this OLG....Buddha gtfo bro....people hate on Luke around here cuz well, we need someone to pick on, but Luke would (bleep) on the average fan, I'm not even gonna get into it, but don't ever ever ever ever compare a Pro baller to an avg fan.

You could send my boy Sasha to your local gym and he would tear everyone there a new one.

Detecting sarcasm appears to be a rare gift in these parts...
stillmatic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Does anyone else feel like this?

Whenever I watch the games, I always wonder in my mind "I wonder what the forum is saying about this play, or this player, etc"

Like for example, when Lamar Odom makes a silly turnover or blows a layup, in my mind I'm like "oh god, LG is probably tearing him a new one right now"

And if he like makes a 3 pointer I throw my arms up and yell "YES! take that LG" lolll, it's really lame I know, but the forums have done this to me.

I used to be reaaaally like this with Sasha back in his "sucky" days and his only fans were counted on one hand, when he would make a shot I'd think to myself "THERE YOU GO SASH, PROVE TO THE FORUMS YOU CAN SHOOT!!"

Anyone else like that or is it just me?
stillmatic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject:

is that a level? lol....Honestly, the sarcasm meter was very low on that one, it looked like you were being dead serious, but if it was indeed sarcasm, I take it back and be easy
Senor Mortgage
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject:

Only when Luke misses a shot because I am pretty sure that there are like 5 people waiting desperately all game to make a "witty" Puke comment. Not as miuch this year due to his lack of PT though.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject:

it was funny, but however i think that really hurt Walton personally
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
McSassy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject:

From time to time...usually I'm too wrapped up in the game so the only ones I am thinking about are my immediate friends around me.
zass17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Will this ever happenned?

not starting, just bynum/gasol/odom/kobe on the floor together.
Will that ever happenned?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Will this ever happenned?

zass17 wrote:
not starting, just bynum/gasol/odom/kobe on the floor together.
Will that ever happenned?

happened tonight.
ahpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject:

When Odom did that weirdass behind the back rebound/turnover business I was just thinking, "Oh God, on LG it's gonna be the Odom to Sasha thread all over again".
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject:

How funny was it when Patrick O'Neal was asking Kobe about what his kids dressed up as for Halloween? Kobe says "Winnie the Pooh and cat women." Patrick replies, "Nice! very solid!.... much better than what my kids came up with"

I know Patrick has a huge man crush on Kobe, but damn... threw his young ones under the bus on that one!
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

Luke asked for it. Farmar stuck it to him nicely.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject:

Bynum 9 points, 17 rebounds and 4 blocks.

Only 9 points explains all the illadvised shots Fisher jacks up and the lack of feeding our big men in the post. Phil needs to address that.

But 17 rebounds is huge and he's really holding it down defensively with 4 blocks. Bynum still not in form yet but he showed some real good explosiveness tonight. He's getting back into game shape.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
How funny was it when Patrick O'Neal was asking Kobe about what his kids dressed up as for Halloween? Kobe says "Winnie the Pooh and cat women." Patrick replies, "Nice! very solid!.... much better than what my kids came up with"

I know Patrick has a huge man crush on Kobe, but damn... threw his young ones under the bus on that one!
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:

Only 9 points explains all the illadvised shots Fisher jacks up and the lack of feeding our big men in the post. Phil needs to address that.

But 17 rebounds is huge and he's really holding it down defensively with 4 blocks. Bynum still not in form yet but he showed some real good explosiveness tonight. He's getting back into game shape.

Pau and Gasol's offensive output together should be at least higher than Kobes for sure.
Buddha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:

Pau and Gasol's offensive output together should be at least higher than Kobes for sure.

Huh?
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject:

I think he meant Gasol and Bynum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43
Page 43 of 43
Jump to: