Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Dude
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Canadian Dude wrote:
So are the refs going to be so Pro Lakers all year?

Did you guys make sure Ed F Rush got a ring last year?

Because he was your best asset in the playoffs, check out the Celtics playoff record with Rush vs without Rush in the playoffs last year...then come back and try to complain about the officiating with a straight face.

Did you watch today's game? Would you like a list of terrible calls that went the Laker's way?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Dude wrote:

Did you watch today's game? Would you like a list of terrible calls that went the Laker's way?

Don't get all butt hurt, it's Christmas after all.

Unfortunately, you got a lump of coal in your stocking because your team actually had to earn their foul calls instead of just flopping for them all game.

Pierce falling to the floor doesn't constitute a foul, let's be honest. Maybe if your players stayed on their feet and stopped running their mouths like dorks, they would get some respect here. Instead, you got beat down and will have to like it.
Canadian Dude
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Canadian Dude wrote:

Don't get all butt hurt, it's Christmas after all.

Unfortunately, you got a lump of coal in your stocking because your team actually had to earn their foul calls instead of just flopping for them all game.

Pierce falling to the floor doesn't constitute a foul, let's be honest. Maybe if your players stayed on their feet and stopped running their mouths like dorks, they would get some respect here. Instead, you got beat down and will have to like it.

Have you ever played the game.? Read a rule book?

If you're moving laterally and a player bumps you that's a defensive foul but not if your a Laker. If you step out of play and step back into make a save that's a turnover unless you're wearing a Laker's jersey. Want me to continue Lanny?

Don't misunderstand me, you have a great team. I'd have prefered to see a game decided by the teams not the refs.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject:

So when Kobe drove to the basket twice and was hacked and got no call, that's not a foul then?

When Fisher was hit on a 3-point shot, that's not a foul? Not if you're a Celtic, eh?

Officiating isn't why the Lakers won. Officiating certainly was the reason the Celtics "won" game 2 of the 08 finals.
Canadian Dude
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
So when Kobe drove to the basket twice and was hacked and got no call, that's not a foul then?

When Fisher was hit on a 3-point shot, that's not a foul? Not if you're a Celtic, eh?

Officiating isn't why the Lakers won. Officiating certainly was the reason the Celtics "won" game 2 of the 08 finals.

Really? I thought it was a great performance off the bench by Powe among other things. Was it why the Celtics won Game 4 after you had that game quite in hand?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Nope. Lakers choked that one. But the Celtics were given game 2. That was ridiculous officiating even for a Boston HCA game.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The OFFICIAL Talk Crap About the Boston Celtics and Their Fans Thread

raffi wrote:
Don't worry, you won't have to look really hard to find us . . . we're right here waiting for you.

See you on Thursday.

I told you -
Skate
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject:

BSPN just read a quote from Magic, from the 80's, where he said that if one of the Celtics were on fire, he'd rather drink the water first before he gave it to one of them.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments in life that take our breath away"
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject:

skate wrote:
BSPN just read a quote from Magic, from the 80's, where he said that if one of the Celtics were on fire, he'd rather drink the water first before he gave it to one of them.

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
tks91 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
jordan farmar goes down with an injury, and we play pretty good defense. coincidence? i think not.

wasn't farmar there when we played great D in th first 7 games?
you probably won't care but i guess i'd ignore all your comments about farmar from now on.

It is coincidence. The lakers decided to play D today and played well.

it's not a coincidence at all. sasha vujacic took over some of his minutes, and sasha isn't nearly as quick or athletic as jordan, and he doesn't get torched. why? because sasha gives a crap on defense, even though he has below average defensive skills.

farmar was the first laker to decide he didn't give a crap on defense and started playing his version of defense, letting his man by him so he could get the ball back on offense as soon as possible to try to get the points back.

i hope he's watching these games and taking notice how a little effort goes a long way. he actually did a pretty good job his last game in miami, and i hope when he comes back he applies himself to the defensive end.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject:

I think that every Celtic fan who is arguing about officiating should seriously watch the game again. 0-0 FTA/M for the regining MVP that was constantly hacked in his own building. Pathetic. That alone makes up for any "bogus" call that might've went against the green scum...

Still grinning...
JosephFerano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject:

skate wrote:

Man, I didnt really want to sign up on the forums but once I saw this...

Awesome
highlander11
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject:

EHL_2 wrote:
Man, I wish I could be out there to take a dump on KG's face.

haha same here.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
I think that every Celtic fan who is arguing about officiating should seriously watch the game again. 0-0 FTA/M for the regining MVP that was constantly hacked in his own building. Pathetic. That alone makes up for any "bogus" call that might've went against the green scum...

Still grinning...

Any Celtic fans who complain about the refs in this game should be re-shown game 2 of the Finals and watch as they say "well, that's different, you see they shot 28 more free throws because they were more aggressive, and if anything the refs almost gave the game to the Lakers at the end"

Let them complain about the refs. The real reffing atrocities took place in the finals.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject:

Celtic fans who say the Christmas win was a fluke need to recognize we won 2 games in the Finals without Bynum and Ariza, blew a huge lead in game 4 and got raped by the refs in game 2. Lakers were the ones killing the West on our way to the Finals while the Celtics were facing elimination in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Refs completely controlled that Finals series. I almost quit watching basketball after how blatent those refs were.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject:

***EPIC THREAD***

Just re-read the entire thing!
PauKoByn..err..DwiNash=ch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I went to the game.... i came home and watched the game.... ate dinner and before i fell asleep i watched the game..... woke up this morning watched the game.... what a great game!
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject:

Wait ... the Lakers played the Celtics?

SGH
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject:

^ Nah. This is just a 117 page hypothetical thread about what the Lakers beating the Celtics would feel like.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject:

Jeffs wrote:
^ Nah. This is just a 117 page hypothetical thread about what the Lakers beating the Celtics would feel like.

A lot of pregame hype to this game, definitely lived up to it.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject:

Kobe put the Celtics on notice after the game:

ā€œIā€™m a better shooter now than I was in the Finals.ā€
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject:

And with this post, after checking the archives, this is officially the longest game thread in LG history.

124 pages, 3096 responses.

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
And with this post, after checking the archives, this is officially the longest game thread in LG history.

124 pages, 3096 responses.

Post padding=permaban!

!...
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Dude wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Canadian Dude wrote:
So are the refs going to be so Pro Lakers all year?

Did you guys make sure Ed F Rush got a ring last year?

Because he was your best asset in the playoffs, check out the Celtics playoff record with Rush vs without Rush in the playoffs last year...then come back and try to complain about the officiating with a straight face.

Did you watch the finals at all last year when all the calls went to the chowderheads? Did you forget game two when a scrub like Leon Powe had more freethrows than the entire Lakers team? Did you see how Kobe had ZERO freethrows yesterday? Selective memory and vision i guess.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
Jeffs wrote:

A lot of pregame hype to this game, definitely lived up to it.

You cheated! It was 117 when I made my post, but thread merging turned it into 124!

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124
Page 124 of 124
Jump to: