Mother Of Eddy Curry's Son Found Slain

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Mother Of Eddy Curry's Son Found Slain

Quote:
The mother of Eddy Curry's son and her infant daughter were found slain on the South Side of Chicago on Saturday, the Chicago Tribune is reporting.

Police are searching for a "known acquaintance" of the woman in connection with the homicides.

Curry was in Philadelphia Saturday for a game. He was back in New York later that evening, distraught and contemplating a trip to Chicago, the source said.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/01/woman-infant-found-slain-on-south-side.html

Eddy Curry has some of the worst luck in the NBA. Robbed twice, being filed with a sexual harassment suit and now mother of his children and daughter killed.

The guy has to have bad luck with the mob or something. R.I.P.
tidusjanus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject:

shiznit. that's just bad news for anyone. wow. terrible.
tidusjanus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject:

well on second thought, the infant wasn't his anyway and his real kid is alive.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject:

Actually its his baby mama I believe Eddy Curry is married and has kids with her.

Regardless very tragic...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject:

tidusjanus wrote:

It doesn't make it any less bad news. His son's mother and sister were killed.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject:

That's horrible man.

!...
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:

Real tragic news there.That's gotta be a lot of emotional baggage for one man to handle.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and all those involved.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject:

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My deep condonlences to Eddy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tidusjanus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
tidusjanus wrote:

It doesn't make it any less bad news. His son's mother and sister were killed.

didn't mean it that way. What i meant was that at least his kid didn't die as well. But yeah, still a tragic incident. I just thought that his kid was also murdered.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject:

Update: that baby was also his

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/curry-paternity-funerals-012809.html

Quote:
Murdered Baby Was Curry's

Funerals set for Saturday
Updated 10:38 PM CST, Wed, Jan 28, 2009

Getty Images
Though police are still looking for who killed them, funerals for Henry and her 10-month-old daughter, Ava, have been scheduled.

CHICAGO -- NBA player Eddy Curry fathered the 10-month-old girl who last week was murdered alongside her mother, Curry’s ex-girlfriend Nova Henry, sources familiar with the paternity case told the Chicago Sun-Times.

A confidential court document filed in September reveals a DNA test confirmed Curry as the biological father of Ava, whose last name is the same as a man questioned by police about the slayings, the newspaper reported.

Though police are still looking for who killed them, funerals for Henry and her 10-month-old daughter, Ava, have been scheduled.

Services will be held 11 a.m. Saturday at Calvary Baptist Church, at 801 E. Glenwood Dyer Rd., in Glenwood.

A viewing will be held before the service beginning at 10 a.m., and a wake will be held Friday at the church between 6 and 9 p.m., a family spokeswoman said.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject:

Not a good 2009 for Curry thus far. Damn.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
On Saturday, officers found Henry's 3-year-old son -- Curry's, according to a source close to the basketball player -- in the Burnham Station apartment unharmed

My condolences to him and his family. he's so lucky his son wasn't harmed too.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject:

Condolences to Eddy.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
Condolences to Eddy.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Not a good 2009 for Curry thus far. Damn.

I know .... he's got 11 months left too. Condolences.
bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject:

He has had rough for last couple of years , didn't he get robbed recently ?
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Condolences to Curry and his family.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Update: that baby was also his

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/curry-paternity-funerals-012809.html

Quote:
Murdered Baby Was Curry's

Funerals set for Saturday
Updated 10:38 PM CST, Wed, Jan 28, 2009

Getty Images

CHICAGO -- NBA player Eddy Curry fathered the 10-month-old girl who last week was murdered alongside her mother, Curry’s ex-girlfriend Nova Henry, sources familiar with the paternity case told the Chicago Sun-Times.

A confidential court document filed in September reveals a DNA test confirmed Curry as the biological father of Ava, whose last name is the same as a man questioned by police about the slayings, the newspaper reported.

Services will be held 11 a.m. Saturday at Calvary Baptist Church, at 801 E. Glenwood Dyer Rd., in Glenwood.

A viewing will be held before the service beginning at 10 a.m., and a wake will be held Friday at the church between 6 and 9 p.m., a family spokeswoman said.

this is horrible
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090221/ap_on_re_us/two_slain

Quote:

Arrest in deaths of Curry ex-girlfriend, her baby
Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Sat Feb 21, 1:08 pm ETCHICAGO – Police said Saturday they had arrested a suspect in the slayings of the former girlfriend of New York Knicks' player Eddy Curry and her infant daughter.

Police spokeswoman Laura Kubiak confirmed Saturday that one person was in custody. She said charges were pending.

Kubiak said police believe the person under arrest killed Nova Henry, 24, and her 9-month-old daughter, Ava, who were found dead of multiple gunshot wounds in their apartment on Jan. 24.

Henry was the mother of ex-Chicago Bulls player Curry's 3-year-old son. The boy was found unharmed at the scene.

Knicks spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz said by e-mail to The Associated Press that Curry had no comment.

Kubiak said she could not confirm details of the arrest.

The Chicago Tribune reported Saturday that Henry's mother, Yolan Henry, said a detective informed her after midnight that a Chicago man, a more recent boyfriend of her daughter's, was in custody.

"I feel relieved that I don't have to walk outside and wonder if he going to hurt my grandson," Yolan Henry told the newspaper.

There was no immediate response Saturday to a call from The Associated Press seeking comment from a Yolan Henry in Chicago.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/eddy-curry-nba-the-truth-was-way-worse

Quote:
A lot of people don’t know about Nova.

I saw her on and off for a few years while I was with the Knicks. We had two kids together.

On the day Nova was murdered — shot down in cold blood back home in Chicago — one of the many people who didn’t know about her was my wife, Patrice.

Patrice also didn’t know about the children I’d had with Nova — my 10-month-old daughter, Ava, and her three-year-old brother, Noah.

I kept it a secret. All of it. For years.

So as I’m on the phone learning that my infant daughter and her mother had just been murdered … I’m also coming to grips with the fact that my marriage of nearly four years would almost certainly be over.

Before I knew it, I was on a plane flying back to New York, and even just within those few hours more and more details became clear. I found out that my son Noah was right there when his mother and sister were shot. But he was so little that he didn’t really understand what had happened. He’d tried to wake up his mom after the shooting, so when the officers went in and found him there, he had blood all over him. He actually laid down next to her and had fallen asleep.

Noah hadn’t been able to wake up his mom or his sister, and probably thought they were sleeping, so he went to sleep, too.

When I asked if the police knew who did it, I learned that they thought it was Nova’s lawyer. He had been overseeing the child support payments, and she’d been dating him. In the past she’d warned me that he was dangerous. Dude actually brought a gun to her baby shower for Ava because he thought I might be there.

I didn’t pay that stuff no mind, though. It was like: I’m in the league. People know my name. No one is running up on me and shooting me.

And now I’m hearing that this guy had just murdered Nova and our daughter. They’re gone. Never coming back. Like … gone gone.

And my little boy saw it go down. He’s three years old and he sees his family get gunned down. He’s got their blood all over himself.

By the time I buried my daughter, nearly every part of my life was already crashing down around me — I was stuck at the very end of the bench in New York, my bank account was dwindling, my home in Chicago was about to be foreclosed on by the bank, my oldest friends were lying to me and stealing my money.

And, somehow, things just kept going downhill from there.

Just a few months after the funeral, in the summer of 2009, I had to sue my agent because he was taking loans in my name and spending tons of my money without telling me.

At one point he actually went out and had a rubber stamp made with my signature on it, so he could just buy whatever he wanted — TVs, Escalades, trips, you name it. He even used that stamp to borrow $500,000 from this dude who had a company that charged an 85% interest rate. Didn’t tell me. Didn’t fill me in later. Just stamped the paper.

I found out when I got sued several months later, after the interest had taken the loan up over $2 million.

It definitely sucked to have people straight-up stealing my money like that dude did, but to be honest with you the biggest financial issue back then stemmed from my own personality.

If someone had a sad story for me, I couldn’t say no.

If you were about to get evicted, or your mom needed money for an operation, and we’d been boys since the second grade or whatever … I was your man.

I couldn’t have somebody over at my house — be riding around in a $500,000 car, eating the best food imaginable — and then have them say, like, “Bro, I’m about to lose my family’s house,” and do nothing. I couldn’t just be like, “Damn, that’s too bad.” I literally wasn’t able to just listen and not do anything.

I was paying off people’s momma’s mortgages. Covering cellphone bills. Making car payments. I couldn’t say no.

People would come to me with the saddest stories imaginable. And a lot of times, at first, the ask would be pretty small. I’d look at it like, “Damn, he only needs $1,500. You know what? Hey, bro, I got you, man. What you need? I got you.” But then there was always another chapter. Like: “Nah, $1,500 would be cool, but if you had $3,000, that would be better.”

And I’d always go for the bump-up.

I’d always say to myself, “It’s all good … what’s $3,000?”

But when you’re doing that for like 15 different people, it adds up. And I understand now that a lot of times people were telling me stories just to take advantage of me. Lots of times it was just lies. People I’d known my whole life, people I loved, would just straight-up lie and pull some of the foulest (bleep) imaginable to try and rip me off.

Two. Million. Dollars.

I actually ended up having to pay some guy I didn’t even know more than $2 million.

Because someone I thought I could trust stamped my name on a sheet of paper.

I’ll never forget this one time when I had to send off some life insurance papers to my accountant and asked a friend to drop the envelope in the mail for me.

This guy’s been my friend forever. We go way back. So what’s he do?

He opens up the envelope and adds his name to the forms so that if I die 10% of my assets would go to him.

Like, that’s something that someone really did. In real life.

A friend!

My accountant called me, like, “Are you sure you want to give him 10%?” and I had no idea what he was talking about.

I remember I immediately got this person on the phone, and he’s basically like, “Oh, that … yeah. My bad. You’re right. I shouldn’t have done that. I just wanted to make sure I’d have some money down the line.”

Then, after a few years of driving for me, that guy got an opportunity to go work for a car service that paid really well and didn’t require travel back and forth to Chicago. So I wrote him a glowing letter of recommendation, and he got the job. But when they found out about his background, the company fired him. And when I didn’t hire him back, he started calling me constantly and threatening to make up a bunch of stuff about me and go to the press. When I stopped answering his calls, he started calling friends of mine. When they stopped answering … I guess he just felt like he needed to level up.

So one night we’re playing the Mavs in Dallas and after the game a reporter comes up talking about, “What do you have to say about the sexual harassment lawsuit and the claim that you are gay and tried to force your driver to have sex with you.”

Turns out this dude took these instances when we were clowning around and talking smack to each other and put my words straight into some legal filings. It was like, “On such and such day, Mr. Curry told plaintiff to kiss his ass,” or “On this day, Mr. Curry stated that he was going to kick plaintiff in the penis and told plaintiff to perform oral sex on him.”

The court dismissed the lawsuit and sent us to arbitration … where I still ended up having to pay that man thousands of dollars.

At the end of the process, before the settlement was finalized, the arbitrator left the room and told the two of us to talk one last time. So it’s just me and this driver in an attorney’s office, and he’s in there crying his eyes out. I remember him telling me, like, “I’m so sorry, bro. I never meant to do this to you.” He talked about how his wife had left him and had taken his child with her. “I’m just in a bad place. I just really need some money. I’m so sorry.”
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Damn
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesus Christ man.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Wow.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Amazing article. I'll never make fun of Eddy Curry again.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Wow at that story. I am glad that Eddy Curry is in a better place now with his family.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: