***LAKERS -vs- JAZZ 4/21 Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant post-game interview:

Q: The 1st quarter offensively was unbelievable, 41 points, what was clicking for you offensively, you guys shot 86%.
A: Everything. Everything was clicking, we played very well. Our bigs did a great job, they really punished them on the inside and we just kept going to them.

Q: Some plays were made down the stretch when Utah cut it to 6, but then you got some great blocks and some steals, some buckets... that was crucial for your team down the stretch.
A: It's very important that we come up with stops when we need them. They're a tough team, they're really not an 8th seed but they do a good job of staying in ballgames because of their style of play and we did a good job of holding them off.

Q: I heard of all their nastiness that they were going to bring but I saw Derek Fisher diving through the celebs in the front row, Lamar down on the ground grabbing and throwing it out and hitting a 3, you were getting involved... as far as your team being physical, you match up with any team in the league.
A: Yeah, we're not going to go for it and if Rick is up there, he knows exactly what I'm talking about. It's playoff time and guys want to hold and grab me... Get up off me, get up off of us because we're not going for it this year.

Q: Going to Utah you hear about how hard it is to play there, is this a challenge for your team that you think you're ready for?
A: It's just noise....it's just noise.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject:

k4lakers,thanks for the recap
kbjw2407
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Where can I buy rose colored glasses for laker wins?

I am little shocked by the lack of critiquing on this board after these first two wins...this board is usually more like a grouchy tex winters which is good cuz you are looking at the big picture ....Right now, we lose to cleveland which to me is shameful....I stress right now...it will change by june i think....

yes we may be bored by the jazz but that is pathetic...this is the playoffs and we should be playing defense like we did last night in the last 3 mins. for all 48....play with the energy of the 1st quarter throughout....our bigs need to start playing bigger on the defensive end....screw this its only the jazz, we should be thinking this is cleveland.....Kobe's legacy and this team's legacy is on the line....Flip the switch for all 48 minutes Boys!!!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject:

Good point... This way "if the lights go off" in round two we can look back at how the Lakers didn't really give the Jazz the kind of beatdown indicative of a real juggernaut, we'll suddenly be enlightened...
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject:

We won... but I'm not happy about it.
And I'm sure Phil isn't too happy about it either.

Everything after the 1st quarter was a mess (for the most part).
Why we can't continue to run the offense properly, REBOUND and play championship-caliber D simply astounds me.

IMO, if we play this way in Utah, this series is coming back to LA 2-2.
MagicKobe3224
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject:

You guys are underestimating the effect of getting up by 20 on someone. It's nearly impossible to keep up the same intensity throughout the game when you are up big. If it stayed 10 or under, then I don't think we have much of a letdown, other than when Luke Farmar and Sasha enter the game of course.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Where can I buy rose colored glasses for laker wins?

kbjw2407 wrote:
I am little shocked by the lack of critiquing on this board after these first two wins...this board is usually more like a grouchy tex winters which is good cuz you are looking at the big picture ....Right now, we lose to cleveland which to me is shameful....I stress right now...it will change by june i think....

yes we may be bored by the jazz but that is pathetic...this is the playoffs and we should be playing defense like we did last night in the last 3 mins. for all 48....play with the energy of the 1st quarter throughout....our bigs need to start playing bigger on the defensive end....screw this its only the jazz, we should be thinking this is cleveland.....Kobe's legacy and this team's legacy is on the line....Flip the switch for all 48 minutes Boys!!!

Good Grief. Have you seen Cleveland? without a 30 FT attempt advantage they lose at home to Detroit....GOOD FREAKING NIGHT!

Last edited by 82410 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject:

what? Cleveland lost?! Wait a minute! I could have swore... I'll be rigt back...

Apparently you are talking about some time ago...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
what? Cleveland lost?! Wait a minute! I could have swore... I'll be rigt back...

No, they didn't lose. But they did have have a 29 point lead in the 4th quarter, which had dwindled to 7 with about 4 minutes left in the game. So clearly, they are an example of a championship caliber team that plays with high intensity for 48 minutes and the Lakers should strive to be like them instead of the inconsistent "mess" that they are.
deeroblal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: This series remind me of last year's series with Utah

Both last year and this year the Lakers got up big and Utah came back in the 1st two games but the neither games were in doubt. I wouldn't say the Lakers lose focus I just don't think Utah can just be blown out. They have a lot of fight in them. Hopefully this year though Kobe doesn't hurt his back so we can win 3 or 4 and end it in 5 games.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: This series remind me of last year's series with Utah

deeroblal wrote:
Both last year and this year the Lakers got up big and Utah came back in the 1st two games but the neither games were in doubt. I wouldn't say the Lakers lose focus I just don't think Utah can just be blown out. They have a lot of fight in them. Hopefully this year though Kobe doesn't hurt his back so we can win 3 & 4 and end it in 4 games.

Fixed.
KobeChinaMan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject:

We need to prepare for these road games like we are playing at Cleveland. I feel we can the first two at the Q if focused. AND WIN THE TITLE IN A RIOT IN 5.
Discoflux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject:

To be honest i don't care about any of the games until the Finals. I know for a fact we are going to get to the Finals, one way or another.
Once we get there, nothing else matters except how we play at that time. And I know this Lakers team are ready for that challenge.

In the meantime all I do is enjoy the Lakers glory in action. Its fanfuggintastic. I love these guys. I am not going to complain about one damn thing until the Finals and even then I expect to be cheering more than complaining.
Discoflux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Did anyone else choke on a pretzel at this bonehead play?

Game 2 vs. Jazz.
Lakers clinging to a 5 point lead with 1:32 left on the clock.
Jazz with the ball. Shot goes up - brick! (thank god!) - get the rebound... yes!!! Ok, now just kill some clock....

what?!?! an attempt to throw it length of court over 2 defenders while falling backwards? Pass stolen. Jazz get another breath.

What the heck was that?? I don't know who it was but it blew my mind that a professional would attempt that pass in that sitch. wth??
quetalmanolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

^^ i think that was kobe...
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

See post in "Kobe passes alot in 1st half then tries to score everything in 2nd half, anyone else hate that?" thread...

My Word.

A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse, and a win is a win is a win.

Or did I miss the rule change where they award "style points".

Sure the Lakers could go ALL OUT, starters only 48 minutes and win by 40 points, but that would leave NOTHING left for the next game.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, gotta pace themselves, the team's (paraphrasing Dirty Harry) "gotta know its limitations"!
Icy_wiz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Don’t worry about D. Williams score a lot.

D. Williams scored 35 points, 12-23, 6-11(3 points) crazy stats but I don’t worry about that. You know why? Because that’s Utah’s last option. Other than him no Utah starters shoot over 50%.

Remember Magic’s era? Whenever Magic scored crazy number, Lakers lost (except 80’s final when he played as center).

He gassed out last minutes of 4th Q. He did bad passes and took bad shots. Of course Lakers need 3 point and P&R defense better but that’s their only card.

That strategy is blue print of game 3 and 4 in Utah. Make Deron score a lot and keep close striking distance and take over when he gassed out while other Utah players stand & watch.
Ares
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject:

where's the game three thread?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
Page 71 of 71
Jump to: