Kobe's play in a Finals game for the ages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Pfft, Ex (and Alpha), have always been hating on me. Typical.

TooMuchMajicBuss - Agreed on the broadcasting. However, one of the better comments came in the 4th quarter of the game. It was after Kobe took a jumper (foot on the line 2, one of the worst shots in basketball), and he nailed it with Pietrus right up on him. JVG, who was talking about something unrelated to the play is caught off guard and blurts out, "Oh my goodness".

Cervantes - I haven't read that article yet, but I don't think any of us can say the media reaction surprised us. FG%? 15-35. That was what Jordan shot in the game where he ended up dishing to Kerr for the game winner. I'm not knocking Jordan either, quite the contrary, just saying the headlines/storyline were much different. Also, if they made this big of a deal of the inadvertent elbow to Nelson, think what they would have said if Kobe hit a game winning jumper in the Finals...set up by a no-call on a pushoff in isolation.

Personally, I'm just loving the fact the Lakers are a win away from yet another championship. That means, end of the day (possibly literally), no matter what spin the media wants to put on it and however much they hate it (and I'm guessing they will continue to hate), Laker fans can simply say, 'scoreboard'.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Great post and insight Tony, just a half away from our 15th championship.
SnitchDevil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject:

congrats to Kobe. He's been due.
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject:

A Finals series for the ages. No one can deny how great he is now. NOBODY.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject:

BUH BUH BUH BUH HE HAD SHAQ, HE'S SELFISH,CAN'T LEAD A TEAM!!!!

KOBE BRYANT JUST SHAT ALL OVER THE FACES OF HIS CRITICS AND WALKED AWAY LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!

!...
Phreaker47
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject:

That layup he made late in the fourth where he hung, faked right, "did his taxes" (ABC), then banked it in left handed was not only the refrigerator moment, but it belongs in the next "Where (it) Happens" ad if the NBA continues doing them.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject:

Only players to avg 30+ppg 5+ ast 5+reb in the playoffs and win an NBA championship...

MJ (3 times)
Kobe (1 time...with more to come?)

amazing...appreciate
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject:

I was a little upset with Kobe's shot selection in the 4th, but after rewatching the game, I realize that he had to take most of those shots since the shotclock was running down. Kobe played a phenomenal game, and the stats overall don't show the kind of leadership that he exhibited.
BornAndBredLakersFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject:

Kobe proved his the best player on the planet with his performance in the Finals, PERIOD.
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject:

I dont know why I'm deciding to gripe on this in this thread, but it seemed appropriate.

There were many on this site who said that Kobe's leadership and talking and coaching and such in "Kobe Doin Work" was a sham. They said that he was putting on a show and displaying himself in the best light with his teammates on purpose because he knew he was being filmed.

This was proven utterly wrong in the finals. Kobe was talking the entire time, with the clipboard in his hands during many a timeout. The cameras were showing you what you refused to believe, that Kobe is actually a great great great (bleep) leader. He deserves your apology/acceptance as a leader.

If I went back to the Kobe doin work thread I could probably find at least 10 respectable posters on this site calling Kobe's leadership in that game fake. I wont name names, you know who you are.

Its not. Atone. He could quite possibly be the best player/coach mind that has ever played the game. This trait is definitely because of Phil. Kobe has learned what it means/is to lead, and he is doing it better than anyone in the NBA.

I really find it sad that some people called that fake, and did not realize truely how amazing Kobe is as a leader.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject:

now, i am watching this game fr the fourth time. still amazed by him and this team
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: