LATEST LAMAR NEWS: ESPN: 4 yr/$33 mil deal w/ TO 4th Year; Lakers.com confirms
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KSeal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: LATEST LAMAR NEWS: ESPN: 4 yr/$33 mil deal w/ TO 4th Year; Lakers.com confirms

Anyone know what is going on with him?

There has been no real word on him at all, if the Lakers are trying to resign him, if they're talking, or if other teams are interested. He seems like the forgotten FA. Everyone is just assuming he'll resign with the Lakers but everyone said that about Trevor as well and that blew up fast. I hope the Lakers aren't thinking about just making Ron the third option and letting Lamar walk, that would be a big mistake.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject:

He wants 10 million a year. No one will pay him that including the Lakers. Hopefully he comes to his senses soon.
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Hedo just got 10 million a year, and LO is a better player...
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Hedo just helped take the Orlando Magic to the NBA finals as the number 1 option. LO isn't even capable of being a consistent 2nd option.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:

Uhhh no he's not..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
Hedo just helped take the Orlando Magic to the NBA finals as the number 1 option. LO isn't even capable of being a consistent 2nd option.

When everyone's healthy Hedo was the fourth option on that team.
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Uhhh no he's not..

Uhhh yes he is. And Hedo is not the number one option. That would be Dwight. Number 2 is Rashard.
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Uhhh no he's not..

Are you saying that if both Hedo and Lamar Odom were available to the Lakers at price X, you would chose Hedo? I seriously doubt that..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject:

10 million.... damn did he really say that??? i dont get it...if these guys really want to be here, than why dont they take the artest route and make it happen instead of (bleep) hiding behind their agent coat tails demanding absurd amount of cash while saying how much they love LA and the LA fans....

effing pathetic...

this (bleep) sucks!!!!!!! I hate free agency period when every single (bleep) team is after our talent... I like it when its the other way around
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject:

There's a reason Hedo is getting paid more than LO. LO is good, but let's not overrate him. Hedo is better. LO is inconsistent also..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject:

I am looking forwars to the next 20 pages. I'm bored.
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
There's a reason Hedo is getting paid more than LO. LO is good, but let's not overrate him. Hedo is better. LO is inconsistent also..

I guarantee you if you switch Hedo to the Lakers, and Lamar Odom to the magic, the Lakers don't win the ship this year.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:
twoface723 wrote:

I guarantee you if you switch Hedo to the Lakers, and Lamar Odom to the magic, the Lakers don't win the ship this year.

And if LO was on the magic they wouldn't have made it past the Celtics in the 2nd round..
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:
twoface723 wrote:

+1
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is a very good player, but due his age, and the fact that he is not even really a 2nd option, he is not going to get any big offers. Toronto, Memphis, and Oklahoma City are the only teams with cap space left, and I really don't think those are places Lamar wants to end up in. I think the Lakers might be willing to go up to 7 million per year for Lamar, but that is probably their limit (just my opinion). I think Lamar will end up staying with the Lakers, he has made it pretty clear this is where he wants to be and is willing to take a pay cut.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject:

grimmz4764 wrote:
21_Blessings wrote:

When everyone's healthy Hedo was the fourth option on that team.

No he isn't. Hedo was also the Magic's primary ball handler and number 1 goto guy during crunch time.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:
twoface723 wrote:
Troblin wrote:

Uhhh no he's not..

Are you saying that if both Hedo and Lamar Odom were available to the Lakers at price X, you would chose Hedo? I seriously doubt that..

LO is a better fit with this team, but he's not a better player than Hedo.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

Lamar has provened his worth and done everything asked of him with NO whining.

He's a bargain @ 10 mill per
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakerBaker wrote:
Lamar is a very good player, but due his age, and the fact that he is not even really a 2nd option, he is not going to get any big offers. Toronto, Memphis, and Oklahoma City are the only teams with cap space left, and I really don't think those are places Lamar wants to end up in. I think the Lakers might be willing to go up to 7 million per year for Lamar, but that is probably their limit (just my opinion). I think Lamar will end up staying with the Lakers, he has made it pretty clear this is where he wants to be and is willing to take a pay cut.

I don't really disagree with that.

Its just in a free agency period when Ben Gordon is getting 11 mil/year, and Hedo is getting 10 mil/year, it's not out of the question for Lamar to ask for 10/year. (not that the Lakers should give in and pay that)
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Lamar has provened his worth and done everything asked of him with NO whining.

He's a bargain @ 10 mill per

Are you serious?
KSeal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerBaker wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing, I don't see any other team that will even give him an offer let alone one for 10 million. Not a lot of teams even have the cap space, and the ones that do don't need a PF. The question then becomes what are the Lakers willing to offer him and will he be happy taking an offer for less money then he expected for more then a year. Hopefully he'll sign like a three year deal for around like 23 million or so, then we get his birds and he'll be around for a while.
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Phil was on the radio with Hartman/Myers and pretty much said that Lamar will have to take a paycut due to the economy and the finacial situation of teams around the league, including the Lakers. He said there is a limit to how much the Lakers can spend.

So it's 7 million take it or leave it LO. Might sound harsh, but you don't screw with the owner that first traded Shaq, before it was cool. Besides, 7 million is about LO's market value at this point in his career.

He's been overpaid immensely the past 5 years. Buss has made LO a very, very rich man.

Last edited by 21_Blessings on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJ81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject:

He should take 8. 2 million isn't that much difference
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Troblin wrote:

Yeah, and while guys like Hedo and Gordon get their big contracts with the few teams who have the cap space to offer them, the options for Lamar to get his $10 million/yr wish granted shrink while the Lakers' leverage grows.
KSeal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

21_Blessings wrote:
Phil was on the radio with Hartman/Myers and pretty much said that Lamar will have to take a paycut due to the economy and the finacial situation of teams around the league, including the Lakers. He said there is a limit to how much the Lakers can spend.

So it's 7 million take it or leave it LO. Might sound harsh, but you don't screw with the owner that first traded Shaq, before it was cool. Besides, 7 million is about LO's market value at this point in his career.

He's been overpaid immensely the past 5 years. Buss has made LO a very, very rich man.

He has been overpaid the last five years and I agree that 7 or maybe 8 is what he's worth now. Lamar thinks he's worth 10 though. And if he feels he can get that next year with a lot more teams having big cap space he might just sign a one year deal with us and then that pretty much means he's gone next year which would suck a lot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709  Next
Page 1 of 709
Jump to: