Aug 8th: Gasol joins Nat. Team workouts

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
playground
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Aug 8th: Gasol joins Nat. Team workouts

Pau Gasol has joined Spain's national team training camp today, after the summer break. He has actually had one week off while the other selected players have been practicing during that week. Pau has said that he feels mentally and physically very well. From what has been said, Pau has barely touched a basketball after the finals, but he has been keeping in shape and working in the gym. You have a pic of today's first contact with the trainer The guy looks fine, and maybe a bit stronger, although it is hard to fight that perennial lanky structure.

http://www.feb.es/Imagenes/Noticias/FotoNoticia_28275_Big.jpg
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

good luck Pau, DON'T break a leg ! *anti-jinx*

wow, he looks like a track and field person in the pic
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject:

First pic of a Laker working out this season?
playground
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Let me update the information. Today, Spain's national team coach gave the players the afternoon free. Pau decided to go to the gym instead and lift weights and then, spend sometime on the court shooting the basketball for quite some time.

Well, that is music to my ears. It seems the guy is committed to being in great shape.
KingKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject:

He said last season was his first where he did 'real' weight lifting. Judging by what you said and the pic hopfully he's taking it even more serious this year (which can only be a very bad thing for the rest of the NBA).

"We're all surrounded by idiots." - Kobe Bryant
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I won't believe this unless Gasol Twitters it.
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject:

He needs 10-15 lbs more but it's a good start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject:

playground wrote:
Let me update the information. Today, Spain's national team coach gave the players the afternoon free. Pau decided to go to the gym instead and lift weights and then, spend sometime on the court shooting the basketball for quite some time.

Well, that is music to my ears. It seems the guy is committed to being in great shape.

Wow, it definitely sucks to be Kobe's teammate. His staff simply rubs off to everybody he played with. Next thing we know - Lamar starts working out on August 10th instead of October 10th...
yanyon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
playground wrote:

Wow, it definitely sucks to be Kobe's teammate. His staff simply rubs off to everybody he played with. Next thing we know - Lamar starts working out on August 10th instead of October 10th...

shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
playground wrote:

I think you guys give Kobe too much credit... Pau would have worked out even if Kobe wasn't his teammate and Lamar said he was ready to get in the gym and start working on his game when he signed his contract
vida24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Good luck pau.
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Just don't get hurt
trish1999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject:

hope pau will not be injured..lakers need him 2 repeat..
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
playground wrote:

I think you guys give Kobe too much credit... Pau would have worked out even if Kobe wasn't his teammate and Lamar said he was ready to get in the gym and start working on his game when he signed his contract

It was a joke to begin with. Well - half joke, anyhow.

Pau is NOT known as a string weight lifter during the summer but rather as a player who exercises with the basketball all the time, working on his basketball skills.

Lamar is known as a guy that starts slowly every season and picks it up later on due to the fact that he prefers relaxing during vacation. Just like majority of the basketball players.

Also - for instance both Sasha and Farmar are known in the NBA as gym rats... They have not credited Kobe directly for that but both mentioned that transition to the pros for them was slightly easier because of that. And - if you noticed - there is undeniable "trust" Kobe has had in these guys. He knows that they have put the time necessary to succeed.

Kobe has weaknesses as a person. But he has work ethic himself and values it in his teammates...
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject:

The amount of money they make, players should work(out) year round. Still nice to see tho......
purplekushjamaicangold
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Aug 8th: Gasol joins Nat. Team workouts

playground wrote:
Pau Gasol has joined Spain's national team training camp today, after the summer break. He has actually had one week off while the other selected players have been practicing during that week. Pau has said that he feels mentally and physically very well. From what has been said, Pau has barely touched a basketball after the finals, but he has been keeping in shape and working in the gym. You have a pic of today's first contact with the trainer The guy looks fine, and maybe a bit stronger, although it is hard to fight that perennial lanky structure.

http://www.feb.es/Imagenes/Noticias/FotoNoticia_28275_Big.jpg

I hope he hits the weights a bit.... not too much though maybe about ten pounds anything more than that would put too much pressure on his lower back and probably end up back firing on him
LakersBooster
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

Pulk Gasol, one of the most feared men in the world.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject:

I like it. It's great to see our star bigs not sit around and get fat during the offseason.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: