General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Will PBF MAN UP and fight Sugar Shane Mosely??

Andre Berto Cancels His Fight With Mosley After Earthquake In Haiti.

Sugar Shane has owned and been calling out Mayweather in the media lately and since PBF pussed out of the Pacquiao fight. Sugar Shane is available for a fight. Come on Floyd MAN UP and give us hard core boxing fans some excitement to give us the fights we want to see.
ptm2020
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I seriously hope so. For boxings sake.

If anything this is easily a 1mill ppv and will put him in a higher ground position if he wants to renegotiate with Top Rank in the future. Win or lose.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Probably not without 24 hour drug testing and other obstacles. Anyone who wants a fight with PBF, you have to play by his rules.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Like Whitney Houston used to say alot when the show Being Bobby Brown was on, HELL TO THE NAW!!! After getting his ho card pulled by Shane during his fight, you would think he would be anxious to fight Mosley for the so called "disrespect" he said Shane did during the interview. I'll bet he won't until he's washed up or lose his speed then he would become a pitbull and demand a fight with Mosley .
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject:

HELL NO!!! Book it.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Will PBF MAN UP and fight Sugar Shane Mosely??

Mbengaposterized wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvAw7xJ-fKk

Sugar Shane has owned and been calling out Mayweather in the media lately and since PBF pussed out of the Pacquiao fight. Sugar Shane is available for a fight. Come on Floyd MAN UP and give us hard core boxing fans some excitement to give us the fights we want to see.
Owned?

A real hardcore fan would know Mayweather called out Mosley and DLH 5 years ago when he was at 135. You forgot Mosley wanted to spend time with his family and needed to visit the dentist?

PBF pussed out? Who rejected the steroid testing? Manny and Roach said they need at least a 5-day window and Mayweather gave them 14 days. Manny, Arum, and Roach are liars.

GBP and Mayweather are finalizing the deal right now. The fight will take place in May with Olympic style drug testing. SMM said he would take OSDT for the fight to take place.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Will PBF MAN UP and fight Sugar Shane Mosely??

Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Owned?

A real hardcore fan would know Mayweather called out Mosley and DLH 5 years ago when he was at 135. You forgot Mosley wanted to spend time with his family and needed to visit the dentist?

PBF pussed out? Who rejected the steroid testing? Manny and Roach said they need at least a 5-day window and Mayweather gave them 14 days. Manny, Arum, and Roach are liars.

GBP and Mayweather are finalizing the deal right now. The fight will take place in May with Olympic style drug testing. SMM said he would take OSDT for the fight to take place.

A real hardcore fan would also know that Mosley was campaigning at 154lbs at the time and if you watch the video Mosley doesn't say he's not willing to fight Mayweather. Mosley talks about how his plans to drop back down to 147 wasn't until the next year. Also if Mayweather was really serious about moving up to welterweight he should take on Margarito, who was the man at ww at that time. Wasn't that a great fight between Margarito and Maywea... oh yah forgot Floydy didn't fight any of the elite welterweights.

So let's see here, Mayweather wanted a guy who was fighting at 154 to drop down in weight without time to adjust to it. It's funny how you Mayweather fans give Pacquiao crap about De La Hoya being "weight drained" when Mayweather was looking to try and do the same to Mosley. Floydy was unproven at welterweight and was calling out a guy two weight classes above him. It had no-win written all over it for Mosley... if Mayweather lost to him at that time then it's because Mosley's too big.. if Mayweather wins it's because Mosley's weight drained/over the hill etc. To put it into some perspective it would be like Marquez calling out Mayweather.. oops again.. forgot that Floyd accepted a fight from a guy two weight classes below him. Better example, it's like JuanMa Lopez calling out Marquez. JuanMa is a boxer on the verge of stardom but if JMM was to take that fight win or lose it still bodes badly for Marquez.

Mosley did the right thing at that time, passed a fight with a guy who was too small and unproven at ww. Unlike some people Mosley doesn't seem to purposely try to make people jump up in weight to fight him *cough*.

The fact of the matter is this: Mayweather has finally filled out as a true welterweight and there's not an excuse left for him in the world to not fight elite level welters. Who knows who Floydy's going to fight next but I won't rule out Mosley as unlikely as it may be. However, a couple weeks ago when talks were failing with Pacquiao it was Matthew Hatton. Then last week Floydy supposedly had his eyes on Cintron.. then earlier this week it was Saul Alvarez.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Will PBF MAN UP and fight Sugar Shane Mosely??

XTN wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Owned?

A real hardcore fan would also know that Mosley was campaigning at 154lbs at the time and if you watch the video Mosley doesn't say he's not willing to fight Mayweather. Mosley talks about how his plans to drop back down to 147 wasn't until the next year. Also if Mayweather was really serious about moving up to welterweight he should take on Margarito, who was the man at ww at that time. Wasn't that a great fight between Margarito and Maywea... oh yah forgot Floydy didn't fight any of the elite welterweights.

So let's see here, Mayweather wanted a guy who was fighting at 154 to drop down in weight without time to adjust to it. It's funny how you Mayweather fans give Pacquiao crap about De La Hoya being "weight drained" when Mayweather was looking to try and do the same to Mosley. Floydy was unproven at welterweight and was calling out a guy two weight classes above him. It had no-win written all over it for Mosley... if Mayweather lost to him at that time then it's because Mosley's too big.. if Mayweather wins it's because Mosley's weight drained/over the hill etc. To put it into some perspective it would be like Marquez calling out Mayweather.. oops again.. forgot that Floyd accepted a fight from a guy two weight classes below him. Better example, it's like JuanMa Lopez calling out Marquez. JuanMa is a boxer on the verge of stardom but if JMM was to take that fight win or lose it still bodes badly for Marquez.

Mosley did the right thing at that time, passed a fight with a guy who was too small and unproven at ww. Unlike some people Mosley doesn't seem to purposely try to make people jump up in weight to fight him *cough*.

The fact of the matter is this: Mayweather has finally filled out as a true welterweight and there's not an excuse left for him in the world to not fight elite level welters. Who knows who Floydy's going to fight next but I won't rule out Mosley as unlikely as it may be. However, a couple weeks ago when talks were failing with Pacquiao it was Matthew Hatton. Then last week Floydy supposedly had his eyes on Cintron.. then earlier this week it was Saul Alvarez.

Thank you my man, you sound like a hardcore fan like the rest of us who want to see Mayweather MAN UP and fight the best @ 147. It's not bout Mayweater, it's bout Boxing, Mayweather is a talent and needs to MAN UP to give boxing a shot in the arm, Delahoya and Pac have given us great boxing fights to get us excited, now it's time for Mayweather while he's still in his prime to give us something excited to watch, or watch MMA take over where you know they fight the best in their sport.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject:

MAYWEATHER should FIGHT either Mosely, Cotto, Paul Williams next, if he doesn't MAN UP and fight either of those fighters he should go back and RETIRE
Capehorn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
MAYWEATHER should FIGHT either Mosely, Cotto, Paul Williams next, if he doesn't MAN UP and fight either of those fighters he should go back and RETIRE

manny should fight williams...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

A name not mentioned who IMO should be is Sergio Martinez. I saw his fight with Williams and thought it much closer than one of the score cards indicated 119-110. The others were, IIRC 115-113 114-113 Williams. Martinez is a counter puncher who caught Williams off guard. I believe Paul underestimated him. It wouldn't have surprised me if Sergio had been given the nod. Williams's popularity IMO gave him the fight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

A name not mentioned who IMO should be is Sergio Martinez. I saw his fight with Williams and thought it much closer than one of the score cards indicated 119-110. The others were, IIRC 115-113 114-113 Williams. Martinez is a counter puncher who caught Williams off guard. I believe Paul underestimated him. It wouldn't have surprised me if Sergio had been given the nod. Williams's popularity IMO gave him the fight.

Martinez' name isn't coming up because he's already in talks with Top Rank to fight Kelly Pavlik.

Nevermind, the fight is already set for April
http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content6722.html

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Manny has MANNED UP and fought Cotto, I'm sure that Manny will fight Williams after Mosely, all fighters your boy Mayweather is too SCARED to fight
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Manny has MANNED UP and fought Cotto, I'm sure that Manny will fight Williams after Mosely, all fighters your boy Mayweather is too SCARED to fight

Even though Margarito is promoted by Uncle Bob, Uncle Bob is talking about having Manny fight Margarito possibly after Clottey

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24814

I'd rather see Manny fight the winner of Mosley vs. Mayweather (if that fight happens) or even Paul Williams before fighting Margarito.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Even though Margarito is promoted by Uncle Bob, Uncle Bob is talking about having Manny fight Margarito possibly after Clottey

I'd rather see Manny fight the winner of Mosley vs. Mayweather (if that fight happens) or even Paul Williams before fighting Margarito.

Agreed, I like to see Margarito win a few more fights to rebound for a big money fight. I don't know why Mayweather backed down of the Margarito fight, he was offered 8 million to fight him. I thought Mayweather would match up well with Margarito, but Margarito got a stone head, he walks right through punches to get some punches off. After Clottey who is a tough fighter, barely lost to Cotto, I think we will see Pac vs Mosely then hopefully Paul Williams
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:
Capehorn wrote:
Mbengaposterized wrote:

Agreed, I like to see Margarito win a few more fights to rebound for a big money fight. I don't know why Mayweather backed down of the Margarito fight, he was offered 8 million to fight him. I thought Mayweather would match up well with Margarito, but Margarito got a stone head, he walks right through punches to get some punches off. After Clottey who is a tough fighter, barely lost to Cotto, I think we will see Pac vs Mosely then hopefully Paul Williams

Well, Floyd supposedly got more money to fight Baldomir for the unified titles. Not that it's a valid reason, considering how highly people viewed Margarito at welterweight. I actually think that Floyd would've boxed Margarito's socks off, just like Mosley, except he wouldn't knock him out like Mosley did Margarito.

I don't think we'll ever see Pacquiao vs. Paul Williams. The dude is way too tall for welterweight and fights tall (which is why he's been the most avoided at the weight). I think Manny could do well against Williams at 147, especially after seeing Williams vs. Martinez, but I just don't see it happening. Plus, I think Williams is still trying to seek out that fight with Kelly Pavlik, so I'm not sure Williams will drop back down to 147 to fight again.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Query: Will the Pavlik, Martinez match be HBO, ShowTime or PPV?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Query: Will the Pavlik, Martinez match be HBO, ShowTime or PPV?

Likely HBO PPV. Pavlik's last fight was PPV and it was against a guy I haven't seen much of let alone heard of (and I watch a lot of boxing).

Megatron24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject:

I would lose all respect for Mayweather if he doesnt make Mosley take the same blood test that he wanted Pacquiao to take.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Some news.. well kind of.

from Bear Richardson (Nazim Richardson's brother) Facebook page:

Bear Richardson
AT SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY CRIB! ME,SUGAR SHANE,DYNAMITE,SHARP,BIGFOOT,STEVE,BRO NAAZIM. SHANE N BERTO FITE WAS CANCELED SO NOW WE GETTIN READY FOR SHANE VS. MAYWEATHER MAY.1ST N VEGAS! D-MITE N SHARP BEEN UP ALL F'N NITE PLAYIN CALL OF DUTY LIKE BIG A** KIDS,LOL. I BUST ERBODY A** N DA UFC GAME THO...DEY WANT NOMORE WORK! 9 WINS STRAIGHT. NUTHIN TO DO BUT TRAIN N HAVE FUN SO WE GONE DO BOTH! 9 hours ago

Hopefully this means that Mosley and Mayweather have at least begun some preliminary negotiations.

However, I do think that Shane will have to make quite a few concessions to Floydy. Here's a list of points that might get touched:
- For beginners 60/40 split favoring Mayweather. If Floyd asks for more he's trying to avoid the fight.
- ODST testing.
- Even though Mosley is the current WW champ he'll probably have to enter the ring as a challenger.
- Billing will probably be Mayweather vs. Mosley
- Glove weights.. I'm guessing 10oz.. maybe Winning Gloves. Especially if Mosley brings up Mayweather's xylocaine usage.
- Ring size will be as big as it can get... 24x24

The funny part is I don't think Mosley will hesitate on any of those except for the financial split. Mosley seems to have a chip on his shoulder and knows that this will be his biggest fight ever regardless of what he has to "give up".
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject:

XTN wrote:
Some news.. well kind of.

from Bear Richardson (Nazim Richardson's brother) Facebook page:

Bear Richardson
AT SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY CRIB! ME,SUGAR SHANE,DYNAMITE,SHARP,BIGFOOT,STEVE,BRO NAAZIM. SHANE N BERTO FITE WAS CANCELED SO NOW WE GETTIN READY FOR SHANE VS. MAYWEATHER MAY.1ST N VEGAS! D-MITE N SHARP BEEN UP ALL F'N NITE PLAYIN CALL OF DUTY LIKE BIG A** KIDS,LOL. I BUST ERBODY A** N DA UFC GAME THO...DEY WANT NOMORE WORK! 9 WINS STRAIGHT. NUTHIN TO DO BUT TRAIN N HAVE FUN SO WE GONE DO BOTH! 9 hours ago

Hopefully this means that Mosley and Mayweather have at least begun some preliminary negotiations.

However, I do think that Shane will have to make quite a few concessions to Floydy. Here's a list of points that might get touched:
- For beginners 60/40 split favoring Mayweather. If Floyd asks for more he's trying to avoid the fight.
- ODST testing.
- Even though Mosley is the current WW champ he'll probably have to enter the ring as a challenger.
- Billing will probably be Mayweather vs. Mosley
- Glove weights.. I'm guessing 10oz.. maybe Winning Gloves. Especially if Mosley brings up Mayweather's xylocaine usage.
- Ring size will be as big as it can get... 24x24

The funny part is I don't think Mosley will hesitate on any of those except for the financial split. Mosley seems to have a chip on his shoulder and knows that this will be his biggest fight ever regardless of what he has to "give up".

Mosely should get 40 percent which would be fair. We will see if Mayweather MANS UP and fights, with no excuses getting in the way
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject:

looks like it is a go. May 1st.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4870999
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject:

if this fight happens then this pretty much kills all the Mayweather was ducking Manny accusations
Mosely is clearly a more difficult matchup
El Daddy702
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if this fight happens then this pretty much kills all the Mayweather was ducking Manny accusations

not only does it kill those accusations, but it also makes manny look bad, because Mosely agreed to random blood tests before the fight. not only that, but manny is fighting Clottey, which to the casual fight fan is a no namer.

Floyd is fighting a big name fighter. Manny, not so much.

Drzucchini wrote:
Either something happens or something doesn't? Damn. Bold claim.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Looks more like Floyd doesn't have a choice, either take the fight with Shane or completely lose all credibility.

(And who would want to watch any Floyd PPV after that)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 1 of 514
Jump to: