2 trades we can do without effecting the 07 plan

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you make a trade for:
Jalen Rose
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Tim Thomas and Piatkowski
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
leave this team alone
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: 2 trades we can do without effecting the 07 plan

Pieces we have to give away: Profit, George and Slava all with expiring Ks. Here are packages we can have and still be within the 07 plan:

Jalen Rose

Would you do this trade?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject:

i dont like rose, so no. i just think he is a cancer. keep the team as it is.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject:

these guys are looking nice, but 2 weeks ago I'm guessing a lot of us would have made a move like this. I like the potential Tim Thomas had, but how in the world do you log minutes out east as a PF and average 3-4rpg? He is more of a SF, but where would the Lakers fit him in?

If Jalen came aboard, you'd have 3 options for him to get his 30mpg:

1. Go with a small lineup (Smush/Rose/Kobe/Odom/Mihm). That'd get your most talented guys out there, but some teams you can't go small against.

2. Bench Smush and slide Rose over to the 2 spot when Kobe needs a rest. This would take a chunk of minutes from Sasha, some would love it..some would hate it.

3. On paper the best option would be to platoon Rose at PG (even off the bench), and give him a few at SG/SF as well. That would take minutes from the other SFs, but he'd be a top notch spark off the bench. Problem is, I'm guessing Rose won'd accept that.

Toronto won't accept the deal above. They took a discount for VC, but thoes were expiring deals. They can get a lot more from a team that really needs Rose, and if they're willing to take on long term deals that helps too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: