Who's your choice at #10?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Seems that most agree Bogut, M.Williams, Paul, D.Williams and Green are gone before #10, but aside from those five, who would you select at 10 if they're available?
Tiago Splitter
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
Fran Vasquez
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Raymond Felton
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
Danny Granger
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Taft
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Channing Frye
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Charlie Villanueva
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sean May
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Martell Webster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Warrick, Graham, Wright, Bynum, Jack, etc)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Who's your choice at #10?

See poll
HRE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject:

Raymond Felton hands down, no question about it.

But he'll be long gone by the 10th pick.

Of the rest on your list, I guess I'd take Splitter, but I'd rather get Ike Diogu actually.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject:

It wasn't intentionaly, but the first four on the poll are the order I'd have my board in. Splitter ONLY has a chance to fall out of the Top-10 because he's got a contract issue, outside of that most everyone agrees he'd be a lock at 7th or earlier. As for Vasquez, he's already projected to be Top-1o by most mocks - and I like him just about as much as Splitter.

Splitter can play center too (Vasquez could but not without that out-of-position vibe), which is nice when we have Odom already on the team who can play the four.

Either way, I like Felton too, and I think you're right - he and Vasquez are probably both gone by the 10th selection. Felton isn't a great triangle fit though, and to me we can address PG more viably through free agency and trades than we can our bigs.

So to me it's Splitter, Vasquez, Felton, Granger (BPA with the first three missing)... but that's dependant on Splitter being available and not contract-bound.

If we're running the triangle, and could draft Splitter but it would mean waiting a year until he's eligible, then gimme Vasquez cuz the triangle isn't an overnight lesson by any means.

Soda
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject:

Oh yeah, and I like Diogu too, but sure as hell not at #10. If we have the 17 (see my other thread), I'm happy with Diogu or if we were lucky enough to get Splitter or Vasquez at 10, then a point along the lines of Jack or Roko.

Soda
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject:

Ok I'm pretty much writing this post just to move this poll back up to the top of the subject headers since it only moves up with an actual post. Now that some votes are actually in, it seems like Felton is the clear favorite.

I've been a big supporter of Splitter and Vasquez over Felton for awhile now (although I like Felton alot too)... but there's plenty of reason that I ain't workin' for ESPN as some kinda analyst, so maybe I should reconsider my stance on Felton and read up a bit more on him

If anyone has links about him please feel free to post them. I've read a few posts on him, but haven't heard much about him in the last couple of weeks and am certainly curious since he's been movin' up.

Soda
dyNastY-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject:

Chris Taft

You guys happen to know , that the "article" about Diogu dunking on him during practise was all smokescreen? If you need an interview from HIS agent , answering that exact same question , i can give it out.

I think there was Clippers/Lakers attending that exact practise , and LAkers are REALLY interested in Taft. They are just pulling strings to make Taft look very bad.

Bamm!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject:

Well the Taft option still says 0% so at least vote for the guy

And for what it's worth, I say that being a guy who'd take 5 or 6 guys on the poll above Taft cuz I'm not impressed with his work ethic or attitude, and without that desire I just have this feeling that down the road Splitter and even Vasquez end up more viable bigs.

Soda
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject:

Good lord no, Taft is another Wilcox at best, which isn't worth a damn penny.

I take Felton without a single bit of hesitation at 10, but he won’t last that long. Hopefully Lakers move up as currently rumored.
Ezzd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject:

Ranked by perference @ #10:

Taft
Jack
Vasquez
Snappern
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject:

Ray Felton!!
SHAQ/KOBE=#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject:

I think it is highly unlikely that Felton gets past both Toronto and Utah.

Splitter looks like he has a strong chance of withdrawing.

Taft is still my first choice. Villanueva is second.
Ezzd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's your choice at #10?

sodapoppenski wrote:
See poll

You probably should add Diogu to this poll.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's your choice at #10?

Ezzd wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
See poll

Maybe should, I think it only allows 10 options though so for now he's staying in the "other" category.

I like Ike but most people on here (myself included) talk about him more often as an option at 17 if we end up with that pick via the rumored Bender/17 trade with Indiana.

Alot of mocks still have Ike going late teens or at 21 to Phoenix, so until I hear more about some seriously rising stock on his part I gotta leave him off...

I do like him at 17 though if we don't get a big at 10.

Soda
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject:

felton wont be available at 10 although itd be wonderful...
Ezzd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's your choice at #10?

sodapoppenski wrote:
Ezzd wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
See poll

Maybe should, I think it only allows 10 options though so for now he's staying in the "other" category.

I like Ike but most people on here (myself included) talk about him more often as an option at 17 if we end up with that pick via the rumored Bender/17 trade with Indiana.

Alot of mocks still have Ike going late teens or at 21 to Phoenix, so until I hear more about some seriously rising stock on his part I gotta leave him off...

I do like him at 17 though if we don't get a big at 10.

Soda

I like him too, but not as much some. No offense, but I simply thought that your poll would have more integrity if you could factor in Diogu since so many like him. You have two or three draftees that are not getting much interest, so why not change one of them to Diogu?
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Hey no sweat by my account.. if a few more speak up on the thread about Diogu I'll certainly knock someone else off...

...just from all I've read here, even if they didn't vote, there are a number of Charlie V, Taft and May supporters here and there in the woodwork (none of those three do I like but since I'd heard enough mention them at #10 I left them on there).

Diogu I've heard a number of people like, it's just they like him at 17 or mention him at 10 "if W, X, Y and Z" are off the board. Those same guys would have W, X, Y, or Z available on the poll cuz it's a poll for who's at the top of your board.

Anywho, no problem adding him so speak up Diogu lovers if ya want him at 10 above all the guys up there now and I'll add him on...

Soda
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: