Talk Crap About Lebron Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject:

*EDIT*

aw, saw what happened there just ming.

ish happens.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject:

Do you eat, sleep, and breathe LeBron?

Then this page is for you:

ESPN: LeBron Tracker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject:

Just caught this on one of my recorded DVDs. During the highlights of the Cavs home opener vs Boston.

Quote:

"That's why I think LeBron has to be the MVP. We showed the highlights of the Celtics and we showed 3 or 4 people. Today LeBron shows you that he doesn't have any help, REALLY, anybody that can score one on one..."

Chris Webber - 10/27/09

Chris Webber with very prophetic commentary.
Dave in the City
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject:

From the same broadcast.

Quote:
"Cleveland's got the same problems trying to match up with a more athletic Orlando or Boston. ...can they matchup with Orlando and Boston? and the answer is, NO."

Sir Chrales, also on 10/27/09

Chuck should have stuck to his guns.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject:

Dave in the City wrote:
From the same broadcast.

Quote:
"Cleveland's got the same problems trying to match up with a more athletic Orlando or Boston. ...can they matchup with Orlando and Boston? and the answer is, NO."

Sir Chrales, also on 10/27/09

Chuck should have stuck to his guns.

if people kept to this all season, i wouldn't have a problem.

but since coming into the post season, the cavs were the team to beat. james is the best player in the game. he's a two time mvp, his team had the best record in the league, w/hca throughout the playoffs. all of that would imply that either lbj's team mates were good enough, or lbj had enough to carrry the team on his own. neither case happened, so now it's poor lbj? his team mates suck.

those mofos sure had enough for courtside photoshoots and lbj auditioning for dancing w/the stars when his teams were winning during the regular season!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject:

James was the best player ... in the regular season.

Just as again, he was the best player last year ... in the regular season.

And then when the playoffs roll around, when each possession and decision making in clutch situations and big games come into play, then we all know who the best player is.

It's Kobe.

So I don't think anyone who says Lebron is the best player in the NBA during Nov-March is hating Kobe or being unfair. During that period he is.

But then it's Kobe time.

And that's exactly how I wanted it. Exactly why I wanted Lebron to win the MVP this year again. The curse continued.

MVP's
10 Lebron NO RING
09 Lebron NO RING
08 Kobe NO RING
07 Nowitzki NO RING
06 Nash NO RING
05 Nash NO RING
04 KG NO RING

I can't remember - but I think Duncan was the last guy to win the MVP and a ring the same year. And it doesn't happen a lot in the NBA as of the last 10-12 years.

Simply put when you are a MVP it usually means you do way too much for your team. And if your team is that good - a championship team - you shouldn't have to score 30 a night and average 8 assists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kazaam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Well said Wolf. Totally agree.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject:

I just don't see Lebron going back to the Cavs. With the Heat rising to the top (Bosh), the Bulls getting their low post scorer (Amare/Boozer) then NY or the Nets cleaning up (Joe, Amare/Boozer)

The heat could have
Mario
Wade
Beasly
Bosh
Haywood (might have barely enough)

That team would be an rising team in the east.

Bulls
Rose
?
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That team would give the Cavs a run for their money

Nets
Harris
Joe Johnson
Yi
Amare
Lopez
And they still have a top 4 pick.

Then Orlando is still better.

The only way for the Cavs to improve is with MLE and trade their unwanted for other teams unwanted. They can hope to unload Jamison after next year and an exp contract.

The east could really get better next year. I almost hope Lebron doesn't leave.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm listening to ESPN radio 710 in Los Angeles, All day long the subject has been LeBron. Media will not allow the "Chosen One" to be berated. They're making all kinds of excuses for his behavior. Propaganda is a art and it's being utilized at it's apex to betray James as the victim. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

And then when the playoffs roll around, when each possession and decision making in clutch situations and big games come into play, then we all know who the best player is.

It's Kobe.

So I don't think anyone who says Lebron is the best player in the NBA during Nov-March is hating Kobe or being unfair. During that period he is.

But then it's Kobe time.

And that's exactly how I wanted it. Exactly why I wanted Lebron to win the MVP this year again. The curse continued.

MVP's
10 Lebron NO RING
09 Lebron NO RING
08 Kobe NO RING
07 Nowitzki NO RING
06 Nash NO RING
05 Nash NO RING
04 KG NO RING

I can't remember - but I think Duncan was the last guy to win the MVP and a ring the same year. And it doesn't happen a lot in the NBA as of the last 10-12 years.

Simply put when you are a MVP it usually means you do way too much for your team. And if your team is that good - a championship team - you shouldn't have to score 30 a night and average 8 assists.

YES! I agree completely.

Tim Duncan was the last one to win MVP and Title same season
stare_at_GOATs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kobe was the best player before his broken finger got aggravated.

LeBron clearly doesn't know what to do when the other team is permitted to play serious D on him. He's used to having unlimited room to operate, and anyone touching him getting whistled.

Any good player can look like a superstar when everyone has to back off. Also he never gets in foul trouble himself, so he doesn't have to worry about fouling out if his charges are called (which is rarely anyway).

He's a manufactured star to a substantial degree. Big, fast, but lacking in skills. He will probably never develop them as long as he gets away with his usual M.O. It backfires, though, in the playoffs -- e.g. Kobe could impose his will on the Spurs and LeBron couldn't, because suddenly here was a team that was allowed to play defense.

LeBron is impressive in numbers but not in context -- when you see him score on someone, you wonder why they're getting whistled for playing defense, or wonder they aren't playing defense (it's because of the former). Kobe is impressive in context -- you wonder how he made the shot over crazy defense.

LeBron's fans are welcome to him, though. Those with a lack of understanding of nuance and context (*cough* Hollinger) are impressed by shiny things. Hype machines work on the simple-minded.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's Kobe.

But then it's Kobe time.

MVP's
10 Lebron NO RING
09 Lebron NO RING
08 Kobe NO RING
07 Nowitzki NO RING
06 Nash NO RING
05 Nash NO RING
04 KG NO RING

whoa. no wonder no one was trying to chase Lebron for mvpness.

Quote:
In order to validate your point, you have to stack the regular season stats against the playoffs stats and see how they look like. During the regular season, a lot of things were happenning. It was a long, tiring and could be boring journey. One team(s) can own you while you were having trouble (chemistry, injuries, lost of focus, etc). When playoffs arrive, your focus is entirely different. Being healthy helps but You MUST focus to win the games. No more excuses.

Now suddenly, those you think you can beat easily based on regular season outcomes may no longer be true. Other teams you beat in the past got their focus back on time to compete with you. Even the Thunder we owned was able to give us some hard time. We beat the Suns 3-1 but we must focus now if we are to beat them soundly again.

Lebron surely should have learned lots of lessons from the playoffs. Lebron better be ready for the playoffs, particularly MENTALLY. Playoffs are a different animal. He should have learned it quite sometimes now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's Kobe.

But then it's Kobe time.

MVP's
10 Lebron NO RING
09 Lebron NO RING
08 Kobe NO RING
07 Nowitzki NO RING
06 Nash NO RING
05 Nash NO RING
04 KG NO RING

whoa. no wonder no one was trying to chase Lebron for mvpness.

Quote:
In order to validate your point, you have to stack the regular season stats against the playoffs stats and see how they look like. During the regular season, a lot of things were happenning. It was a long, tiring and could be boring journey. One team(s) can own you while you were having trouble (chemistry, injuries, lost of focus, etc). When playoffs arrive, your focus is entirely different. Being healthy helps but You MUST focus to win the games. No more excuses.

Now suddenly, those you think you can beat easily based on regular season outcomes may no longer be true. Other teams you beat in the past got their focus back on time to compete with you. Even the Thunder we owned was able to give us some hard time. We beat the Suns 3-1 but we must focus now if we are to beat them soundly again.

Lebron surely should have learned lots of lessons from the playoffs. Lebron better be ready for the playoffs, particularly MENTALLY. Playoffs are a different animal. He should have learned it quite sometimes now.

Orlando beat us 2-0 in regular season last year.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject:

stare_at_GOATs wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kobe was the best player before his broken finger got aggravated.

LeBron clearly doesn't know what to do when the other team is permitted to play serious D on him. He's used to having unlimited room to operate, and anyone touching him getting whistled.

Any good player can look like a superstar when everyone has to back off. Also he never gets in foul trouble himself, so he doesn't have to worry about fouling out if his charges are called (which is rarely anyway).

He's a manufactured star to a substantial degree. Big, fast, but lacking in skills. He will probably never develop them as long as he gets away with his usual M.O. It backfires, though, in the playoffs -- e.g. Kobe could impose his will on the Spurs and LeBron couldn't, because suddenly here was a team that was allowed to play defense.

LeBron is impressive in numbers but not in context -- when you see him score on someone, you wonder why they're getting whistled for playing defense, or wonder they aren't playing defense (it's because of the former). Kobe is impressive in context -- you wonder how he made the shot over crazy defense.

LeBron's fans are welcome to him, though. Those with a lack of understanding of nuance and context (*cough* Hollinger) are impressed by shiny things. Hype machines work on the simple-minded.

Indeed. Great post.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's Kobe.

But then it's Kobe time.

MVP's
10 Lebron NO RING
09 Lebron NO RING
08 Kobe NO RING
07 Nowitzki NO RING
06 Nash NO RING
05 Nash NO RING
04 KG NO RING

to me a MVP mean he is doing thing consistently for the team. but we do know playing in regualar season and in playoff in different story. but i do agree the curse of MVP in regualar season, but i still feel MVP is an individual achievement in what you had did during the regular season.
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject:

Lebron antics highlight video

Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5189764

"Cavs GM says LeBron's elbow needed rest."

Is there a bigger vagina in the league than LBJ?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:

Is there a bigger (bleep) in the league than LBJ?

Lamar Odom is tougher than LeBron.

!...
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Is there a bigger (bleep) in the league than LBJ?

Lamar Odom is tougher than LeBron.

The definition of "soft" is tougher than Lequeen.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject:

salami wrote:
Lebron antics highlight video

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject:

From Cleveland.com(even if its bogus its rather entertaining)

Quote:
Lebron and Gloria James were supposed to have dinner after game three. Jay-Z and Beyonce showed up at the game, and after Lebron's big performance, they all went out on the town leaving Gloria at the team hotel. Delonte West doesn't go out partying with the team because of his pending legal troubles (a DUI or public intox or drunken dissorderly would look really bad). Delonte and Gloria went and had dinner at the hotel, had drinks with dinner, and continued drinking at the bar into the night. Drunk they went back to Gloria's room and bumped uglies.

Lebron returned to the hotel around 3:30 in the morning and knocked on his mom's door with some left-overs and to check if she was alright. Delonte opened the door in a towel.

Not only did James see this, so to did Gibson, O'Neal, and Williams. Immediately the news spread to the team and the locker room because very tense and uncomfortable.

James was pissed about both the Delonte incident and the way his teammates "disrespected" him by letting the story outside of the family, and basically told them that if they wanted to win, they were on their own to win.

After game 5, James realized that dogging it would hurt his image this summer and that Wade might overshadow his star, especially as Chicago was clamoring for Wade and the Knicks have eyes for Bosh. So he tried, but the team chemistry had been lost and his individual performance was simply not enough to overcome Boston.

James blamed the Cavs for the situation occuring. Had the West situation been handled when his arrest occurred, or if the Cavs hadn't balked at the Phoenix deal at the deadline (which included West), then Delonte wouldn't have been there to defile Gloria*.

Now he wants control or he wants out, and Gilbert is left wondering whether he should turn the whole franchise over to a 25 year old powder-keg who quit on his team, or if he should continue with GM of the year Danny Ferry and rebuild in the image of the Spurs.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:
Lebron and Gloria James were supposed to have dinner after game three. Jay-Z and Beyonce showed up at the game, and after Lebron's big performance, they all went out on the town leaving Gloria at the team hotel. Delonte West doesn't go out partying with the team because of his pending legal troubles (a DUI or public intox or drunken dissorderly would look really bad). Delonte and Gloria went and had dinner at the hotel, had drinks with dinner, and continued drinking at the bar into the night. Drunk they went back to Gloria's room and bumped uglies.

Lebron returned to the hotel around 3:30 in the morning and knocked on his mom's door with some left-overs and to check if she was alright. Delonte opened the door in a towel.

Not only did James see this, so to did Gibson, O'Neal, and Williams. Immediately the news spread to the team and the locker room because very tense and uncomfortable.

James was pissed about both the Delonte incident and the way his teammates "disrespected" him by letting the story outside of the family, and basically told them that if they wanted to win, they were on their own to win.

After game 5, James realized that dogging it would hurt his image this summer and that Wade might overshadow his star, especially as Chicago was clamoring for Wade and the Knicks have eyes for Bosh. So he tried, but the team chemistry had been lost and his individual performance was simply not enough to overcome Boston.

James blamed the Cavs for the situation occuring. Had the West situation been handled when his arrest occurred, or if the Cavs hadn't balked at the Phoenix deal at the deadline (which included West), then Delonte wouldn't have been there to defile Gloria*.

Now he wants control or he wants out, and Gilbert is left wondering whether he should turn the whole franchise over to a 25 year old powder-keg who quit on his team, or if he should continue with GM of the year Danny Ferry and rebuild in the image of the Spurs.

That's awsome.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

That's awsome.

Thats Epic.

!...
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Quote:

That's awsome.

Thats Epic.

That's Legendary.
Stephenson
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Great Article describing LeDouche

http://blog.bokeen.com/1158

Was written last year but still nothing has changed.
Quote:
In many ways, one can understand how James’ ego swelled to massive proportions. Recruits were watching him play as a freshman and quickly labeled him basketball’s next mega-star, the heir apparent to Michael Jordan. For years, he was told that he had unprecedented potential and could rise to the pinnacle of the sport.

The hype machine gained momentum, feeding James’ ego along the way. His high school games were televised on ESPN2. At the age of 17, he appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated. He guided his high school team to three state championships, never having to truly taste bitter failure on his rise to stardom.

James was the sport’s brightest star before he ever played an NBA game. While most star athletes have to pay their dues as a professional before becoming a prima donna, James’ behavior and reputation in Akron indicate that he found this to be an unnecessary exercise.

As the nation fawned over the young player, he was never forced to mature into a good sport. Unfortunately, he is now the face of the NBA and the world’s ambassador for the game.

It is debatable whether LeBron James is the greatest player in the game. It is clear, however, that he belongs in the Douchebag Hall of Fame.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: