The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)

Celtic Nation:

Quote:
This was worst than 18-1

Probably everyone is going to go with 18-1 but to me, if your a basketball fan and someone who really believed this Celtics team was the better team, this stings just as bad.

First EVER Game 7 loss to the Lakers. And Bill Russell was in the stands watching those play, I'm sure getting to relive a bit of 1969... up until the very end that is.

Bill Russell, 11 time NBA champion, who said to KG back in 2008:

"I think that you're going to win at least 2 or 3 championships here. And if you don't, but I see you playing the way you should play, I'll share one of mine with you. This is a genuine friendship thing I'm talking about. But if you play the way you play and you dedicate yourself to doing it, they will come. It's like that field of dreams: if you build it they will come. You may have to put your arms around a couple guys and take em with you. But you can't drag em, you got to put your arms 'around them' and take them with you. And you have no idea how proud of I am of you. I couldn't be more any proud of you than I am my own kids."

The same Bill Russell who was booed on his way to award Kobe Bryant the Finals MVP (for shooting 6/24 from the floor).

And as for KG and the Big 3?

This may be any of their last years in green. Any one of them.

Let that sink in a minute.

Quote:
I nearly broke the TV when I saw Bill Russell being booed by (bleep) Laker fans. That was very hard, but this isn't as close to the Buckner heartbreak.

Quote:
This past series was a travesty. The refs absolutely handed games 3 and 7 to the Lakers. It should have been a Celtics win in 5, but the league sold out the game of basketball for revenue. The same thing happened in 2002.

We watch basketball because when you see a TEAM like the Celtics play suffocating defense, it is a beautiful thing. We watch because when you see a TEAM like the Celtics work together selflessly to overcome the three teams with the best records in the league, even though nobody gave them a chance, and they do it through hard work, effort, and defense, showing everyone the way the game should be played, it's a beautiful thing. We watch because guys like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce actually are role models for hard work and work ethic. We watch because at its best, the game of basketball can teach us a lot about life.

But when you see a petulant, arrogant #### like Kobe Bryant get bailed out by the referees over and over and over again because he *expects* to be catered to, and thinks he deserves to win just because of who he is, it is a disgrace to the game. When you see Pau Gasol flopping around, essentially lying to the officials to draw fouls and get ahead without earning it, it is sickening. Its been three days and I am still inconsolable because the game I love has been forever tainted by this series.

Quote:
The only thing we can do is move on and get 'em next time because as long as Stern's in power, this won't ever change. I'm not saying it's rigged and I'm not saying it's fixed but certain players and certain teams do get certain advantages. If you can't see that you are clearly blind. I still feel we lost Game 7 mostly on own accord, though. But that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Quote:
What has been killing me the most for me is that I am convinced we were intentionally robbed by the officials. 21 FTs for the Lakers in the 4th quarter when they only shot 37 for the game. That tells me the refs began calling stuff they didn't call through the first 3 quarters. Also, 21 FTs in the 4th quarter! That staggering number should be enough. 7 minutes left in the game when the Celtics went into the penalty...when you think about it, that comes out to about a foul against the Celtics on every possession to start the 4th quarter up until that point. Did it look like the Celtics were hacking on every possession in the 4th?

Quote:
I'm still hurting... It's no joke...

Quote:
don't get the leagues "financial incentive" to make the Lakers win the series. Maybe to get it to a game 7, but I'm not even on that side of the conspiracy theory. If the league were fixed wouldn't you think the Cavs and the Lakers would be in the finals with Lebron winning his 1st title? Kobe is already a ginormous superstar, giving him another title doesn't make him any more marketable. Lebron on the other hand needs it to solidify him as one of the best ever (which at this point he isn't)

I really don't believe in the conspiracy theories. I do believe in bad reffing, but reffing isn't what gave the lakers this title.

Did the refs give the Lakers 13 more rebounds in the game? 15 more offensive boards? No it was hussle, size and the lack of Perkins. If the Celtics win game 7, I bet every LA fan thinks the refs jobbed them too, but the truth is the team that played better on that day won the game, and won 4 out of 7 games to win the title.

Quote:
still hurts man still hurts... we got robbed of a chance at a win... no getting over that

Quote:
I agree we totally got ROBBED by the refs and by the Fakers. I'm still depressed since Thursday night, and I can't snap out of it. I hate the Fakers even more now. I know they are not the better team than our C's.

Quote:
The Lakers were the better team (just barely), and they benefited from home court advantage - which they earned - and better luck; that's life.

Quote:
im still pretty upset and its been quite a few days. I guess i could answer this question better a few months from now

Quote:
my first true heartbreak from boston sports was the 2003 alcs...i was born in 1987 and my dad taught me of the horror's of being a sox's fan (Dent, Buckner, ect....)so i was a 16 year old kid who started dancing when the sox's went up 5-2...and then grady left pedro in, timmy wakes knuckler didnt knuck...and we all know how that turned out my dad looked at me 3 seconds after the ball landed in the stands and told me my red sox virginity had just been broken and i knew what it was like to be a sox's fan....i just stood their staring at the screen, then felt a deep pit in my stomach...i got up, screamed " i dont wanna be a F [ at ] #$#%$ red sox fan anymore"...and went to bed...never gave up my fan hood but i was devastated until next season made up for it....lol looking at it know i realize how bad a reaction that was but i loved the sox's and hated to see it end like that....to me it was the worst moment i have had as a boston fan....close second is 18-1....this celtics game? no where on the radar...we were playing with house money at this point and it was a hell or a season.

Spurs Nation:

Quote:
Can't believe that whiny b*tch has more rings than Duncan now.

Quote:
i have nothing to live for

Quote:
not to mention the back to back...yeah, they beat a good team...but this Lakers team just pisses me off. More than the Shaqobe team. Now with 5 rings Kobe will always be mentioned with the greats...he almost single handedly shot them out of this one.

yes, im drinking haterade...but kobe and the lakers stand for so many wrong things.

Quote:
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP.

I hope the fans burn LA down.

Quote:
sick of the damn lakers...they disgust me more than any sports franchise.

kobe was playing for finals mvp the whole series first, then helping his team win the series second. and because of the rings and talent kobe will now be heralded by many as a greater player than Timmy. saddens me.

need to get timmy #5 ... is there time? did we already blow it?

Quote:
Am I the only one that believes that all the success that Kobe has had came too easily for him?

Quote:
To be very honest, put aside how much I hate L.A, it's now a real lame and shame for NBA that a legendary Game7 was decided on the free throw stripe.

PS : C's could have won if Ray Allen didn't play, that's the only reason I saw them losing, other than that, NBA is rigged!!! People who had watch NBA for long time like me, knows that I ain't whining but just telling the dun-wanna-know TRUTH!!!

Quote:
Not trying to defend Kobe here by any stretch of the imagination, but the lack of a supporting cast for MJ was more to do with a way over expanded league before the European migration filled all the gaps. Pretty much every team in the league had 1-2 good players and a cast of scrubs because there just wasn't enough talent to go round.

If you think of the teams up to and including the Lakers/Celtics of the 80s and the teams since after Chicago and Houston won their titles, there is a lot more strength 3-12 then there was during the Jordan era.

Quote:
Kobe never will win DPOY, MVP, All-Star MVP, Finals MVP all in the same year. Sorry but it won't happen.

( Sorry, they are grasping now... )

Quote:
I have to be truthful here and say straight up I hate the lakers and their stupid bandwagon fans but this riot doesn't unfortunately take away from their victory. Hell I wouldn't care if spurs fans threw beer into the river walk if they won the title. Also on side note Maldoror strikes me as a undercover troll laker fan those are usually the dumbest fans you know if you are going to be troll come out of the closet.

Quickie from Suns Nation:

Quote:
Sasha coming through in the clutch to help LA win a title while I live in LA...... this is my hell.

srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
This past series was a travesty. The refs absolutely handed games 3 and 7 to the Lakers. It should have been a Celtics win in 5, but the league sold out the game of basketball for revenue. The same thing happened in 2002.

We watch basketball because when you see a TEAM like the Celtics play suffocating defense, it is a beautiful thing. We watch because when you see a TEAM like the Celtics work together selflessly to overcome the three teams with the best records in the league, even though nobody gave them a chance, and they do it through hard work, effort, and defense, showing everyone the way the game should be played, it's a beautiful thing. We watch because guys like Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce actually are role models for hard work and work ethic. We watch because at its best, the game of basketball can teach us a lot about life.

But when you see a petulant, arrogant #### like Kobe Bryant get bailed out by the referees over and over and over again because he *expects* to be catered to, and thinks he deserves to win just because of who he is, it is a disgrace to the game. When you see Pau Gasol flopping around, essentially lying to the officials to draw fouls and get ahead without earning it, it is sickening. Its been three days and I am still inconsolable because the game I love has been forever tainted by this series.

Ahhh! The sweet nectar of their tears.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject:

These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject:

grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

It was a mixed bag anyway. There were some cheers along with the boos.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject:

Nice !
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject:

grimmz4764 wrote:

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject:

didn't one of their own (bill walton) just get treated like crap?

i'd hate for any laker legend to have to be put up on stage in front of a boston crowd.

as for the rest of the comments i'll just say too bad, so sad.

which again, is a lot less harsh then they would say to us laker fans should we have actually lost.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What has been killing me the most for me is that I am convinced we were intentionally robbed by the officials. 21 FTs for the Lakers in the 4th quarter when they only shot 37 for the game. That tells me the refs began calling stuff they didn't call through the first 3 quarters. Also, 21 FTs in the 4th quarter! That staggering number should be enough. 7 minutes left in the game when the Celtics went into the penalty...when you think about it, that comes out to about a foul against the Celtics on every possession to start the 4th quarter up until that point. Did it look like the Celtics were hacking on every possession in the 4th?

Yes, they did start calling it differently. And if they called it like that the entire game, the Celtics would have lost by 30.

Their fans are delusional. They seriously believe that their "suffocating defense" has nothing do with the fact that the Celtics get away with murder.
Split
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject:

Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:

Was it? If it was then those Lakers fan are pathetic. Someone should've got rifle and shoot him

I think you got it wrong.
Boston fans actually called Bill Russel racial slurs while he was playing there. From what I've read, Russel never actually liked the city of Boston because of the racism he faced there, he just loves the team.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
That was very hard, but this isn't as close to the Buckner heartbreak.

And don't forget Boston, Billy Buck was a Dodger and a product of the Dodger farm system. Just another gift, from LA with love.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject:

Split wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:

Boston fans actually called Bill Russel racial slurs while he was playing there. From what I've read, Russel never actually liked the city of Boston because of the racism he faced there, he just loves the team.

This is true.

Documented in several places/books.

Don't have time to google them all though.

Bye.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Split wrote:
Master)v(ind wrote:
grimmz4764 wrote:

This is true.

Documented in several places/books.

Don't have time to google them all though.

Bye.

What I meant was Laker fans should've shot Bill Russell that night. But I think I might change my mind if the guys been a target of racism for years even at Boston
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject:

I added spur fan quotes and one from the Suns forum.

I am loving it. It's nice to be on this side finally. This makes me get over 2008 a bit easier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:

So much for those most "knowledgeable" fans, right? Hahahahahahahah, the sweet tears of irony!!!

Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are role models for hard work and ethic? Those three douches role models? Ahahahahaha, I think I just pissed my pants a little. And they have the audacity to complain about flopping when they employ the biggest offensive flopper in the league - Mighty Wheelchair.

Oh man, I hope this idiot suffers for another 20 years, because we all know what awaits for the Celdicks - MEDIOCRITY!
TarLaPaN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject:

What? The *purs still exist? Sorry timmy, you will not be getting that 5th ring, your chances are up.

*purs fans should be grateful to get the opportunity to lose to us Again in the playoffs next year, although I dont think they will make it that far.
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject:

What the hell...why are Spurs fans hating on Kobe? Kobe >>>>>> Duncan. And they think old and washed up Duncan has a shot at getting another ring? Haha no chance. Not with this Laker team in the WC, they're the next dynasty.

And I love the fact that Bill Russell got booed. I wish it was MUCH louder and more obvious.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
What the hell...why are Spurs fans hating on Kobe? Kobe >>>>>> Duncan. And they think old and washed up Duncan has a shot at getting another ring? Haha no chance. Not with this Laker team in the WC, they're the next dynasty.

Are you really asking why Spur fans are hating on Kobe? It's because they've been so insecure about Duncan's shaky "best player of his generation" title that they've been trying to bestow on him all this time. They always pulled the "Tim has the most titles" crap. Now he doesn't. They'll be harping on how Tim has more MVPs or Finals MVPs now, but I'll take more total rings any day.

And Spurs fixating on us when their team probably couldn't get past Portland or OKC next year... I'm more worried about those teams than I am about the Spurs now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject:

LMAO at the sasha quote

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject:

Everyone else (especially Boston) hating the Lakers? All is right in the NBA world I guess...

I love this championship feeling in June. Always a great way to start the summer. Their tears can water the new lawn out in my front yard.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject:

These are awesome. The most "knowledgeable" fans in the NBA? More like the most bitter and delusional.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject:

Spurs fans have napoleon complex. They won 3 titles in the decade but nobody gave a damn. Instead, people simply grabbed their pillows during their finals and set their alarms for the following NBA season.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject:

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
noelty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject:

*SIGH*

Celtics fans quit belly aching about the officiating and realize your leading scorer was shut down, you were out rebounded and your shooting guard was completely building a brick house.
airball2
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject:

noelty wrote:
*SIGH*

Celtics fans quit belly aching about the officiating and realize your leading scorer was shut down, you were out rebounded and your shooting guard was completely building a brick house.

Not to mention that KG got punked by the Spaniard. Three boards in 38 minutes is pathetic. Sweet revenge.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject:

Hilarious that a Spurs fan calls Kobe whiny when Duncan has always been a little (bleep) who looks at the ref as if he's never committed a foul in his life every time he gets called for a foul.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: