The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
sportsguy33: I can't, NBA TV is showing the 2010 Finals. I've been rebittered. RT @ShaunAhmad: Stop being so bitter, Celtics lost weeks ago. Get over it.

sportsguy33: Dear Laker fans: counting 4 Minneapolis titles as part of your "16 rings" is like OKC fans taking credit for the '79 Sonics.

Yup, he's still bitter.

If he were intellectually honest (which he's not) he would have to create a new category on his levels of losing list: Losing to your arch-rivals in game 7 in which you lead most of the game, went up by 14, lost in the final seconds, then had to live in your arch-rivals hometown and read and hear about their championship everyday, 24/7 for the next YEAR while simultaneously being taunted by their fans non-stop.

Works for me.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject:

If the "celtics" re-located, I'm sure "celtic" fans would take the championship tally with them. And I'm pretty sure the sonic title doesn't count toward OKC's championship tally, since part of the agreement was the sonics' team history would remain in Seattle.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
If the "celtics" re-located, I'm sure "celtic" fans would take the championship tally with them. And I'm pretty sure the sonic title doesn't count toward OKC's championship tally, since part of the agreement was the sonics' team history would remain in Seattle.

Not to mention the team that moved from Minneapolis was ALMOST identical player-wise than the one that player there last season. It's not like it was a brand new team, the franchise just moved to another city.

It's also 5 championships, but I wouldn't expect the douche to know it. What makes his whining even sweeter is the fact that he'll be miserable for another 20 years now that the Geriatrics are falling apart.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Bill Simmons can spin it any way he wants. It was fun watching him have a meltdown in Game 7 as he slowly came to the realization that the Celtics choked away his wet dream and he had to watch Kobe and Company celebrate another championship
vmm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Whiney Celtic douches can say whatever they want. If the NBA store is selling T shirts referring to 16 titles, rings, banners, etc, then I think whatever some douche chowderhead thinks has little validity. Nothing would please me more than to beat them down again next year. How about that 2008 asterisk!
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject:

I used to hate Bill SImmons so much until I saw his interview on Jimmy Kimmel, he strikes me as a complete nerd and keyboard warrior. Since then I feel kinda embaressed that you guys take anything he says seriously. It's like taking anything I say to the heart, who the (bleep) is Bill simmons? Just some keyboard warrior on ESPN

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Anything that causes Celtic nation pain......I'm down with it.

Suck it Boston!
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject:

This has probably been posted here, but I just saw it. Bill Simmons being taunted during Game 7. He takes it (what choice does he have), before the game and then after. Poor Bill.

JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I'd luv to hear the 4th qtr Celtic play by play w/ Maxwell providing the color....
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know where one can find the Laker or Celtic play by play for game 7?
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:
This has probably been posted here, but I just saw it. Bill Simmons being taunted during Game 7. He takes it (what choice does he have), before the game and then after. Poor Bill.

I hadn't seen that before, that is awesome. That was great taunting, nothing vulgar, nothing personal.
ElliotTheFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

I hadn't seen that before, that is awesome. That was great taunting, nothing vulgar, nothing personal.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

wow nice find bill didn't look that hurt, but I know he was boiling inside.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject:

i love it that the Minneapolis Lakers 5 titles causes Celt fans pain...lol

those rings happened more than half a century ago, and it still causes them pain. lol
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

OMG, that was awesome!

My favorite parts:

Right before Ron's about to shoot the 3, you can hear the guy with the camera say, "NOOOOOOO."

In Bill's live chat he said the only thing that would make it worse is if purple and gold confetti were raining down on his laptop keys. Then he says, oh wait, it is! I remember thinking at the time I would PAY to see that. Now I saw it for FREE. The internet is a beautiful thing!

I love when the guy asks, "Was that a gut punch, Bill? What level of losing was that, Bill?"

That made my day.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
I'd luv to hear the 4th qtr Celtic play by play w/ Maxwell providing the color....

That would be fantastic.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject:

I wish that article explaining how the boston celtics are actually the clippers and vice versa still existed. I wonder what boston fans would think about that.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject:

spflakers wrote:

Awesome.

Bill Simmons is such a tool.

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
This is even better...

I love it!!!

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
I look forward to the Celtics making another run next year and hopefully can make it to the finals again and then the Lakers sweep them. That would be fitting....

Do you really think that the Celtics have enough in the tank for another playoff run? I saw this year as the closing of their championship window.

The C's ran out of gas due to their advanced age. They won't be back for a long while. Good riddance.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: