The LIST - LeBron James Quotes Edition...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: The LIST - LeBron James Quotes Edition...

NOTE: These are real quotes straight from the horse's mouth. LeBron being LeBron in his own word (3rd person).

Feel free to add your favorites (LINKS are mandatory):
Credit for contributing: Jack Bauer, SP Fever, Ne 1, Conker, LMerion, Eidos, Just Saying, No Offense, Andrewww, Hermitkid, SkyHook, BallAboveAll, AK47DR91, Lj4mvp, expired_meme, crisoner, katarin

Part 1: On the Court (During Season)
(Post Game Interviews, Locker Room Interviews, Practice & Game Quotes, etc.)

LeBron responds to Kendrick Perkin's comments regarding Griffin's dunk:
Quote:
James said last night that Perkins probably shouldn't stay up and wait for an apology.

"Social media and Twitter are all about communicating with your fans," James said in a Florida Sun-Sentinel video. "I would never apologize....for communicating with my fans."

James was quizzical about why Perkins was offended by asking "did I call him out? I could see why he would be embarrassed."

LeBron on Larry Bird's comment he'd rather play with Kobe:
Quote:
After being asked about Larry Bird's comments that said he'd play with James to have fun and Kobe Bryant to win, James said the five rings make a difference but also said:

"I'm an easy target....if you go to the grocery story and they don't have the milk you like, you say it's 'LeBron's fault'."

LeBron on possibly being in Dunk Contest (again) 2012 Edition:
Quote:
"I don't know. I'll be on the fence every year about it" said James. "It's always a fence year for me. I know they're getting tired of me, though, so I'm not even going to start up nothing."

"I have thought about it before," he acknowledged, "and a few times in the past I kind of had an ankle injury that kind of kept me out of it. And a couple of times, I was just like, 'You know what? I'm going to go in here and rest my legs for this weekend and then get back to the regular season.'

"But, I mean, they say a lot of the greats have done it and I've watched it over the years."

LeBron on how Dunk Contest could be a Waste of his Time:
Quote:
“If I decided to do it then I would have to win,” James said Thursday after the Miami Heat’s practice. “Otherwise it would be a waste of my Saturday night.”

LeBron admitting he won High School Dunk Contest being the Hometown Boy:
Quote:
James probably wouldn’t win because he isn’t good at dunk contests. That last one he took part in was before the McDonald’s All-American Game in 2003 when he was a high school senior. Anyone who watched that event knows that peer Shannon Brown probably should have won it.

But really, James won because it was being contested in Cleveland with local celebrities like Cleveland Browns players doing the judging. It was a gift.

“I was the home favorite,” James admitted looking back on it. “They gave me the nod.”

LeBron on his Dunk and Blake Griffin's Dunk:
Quote:
"The difference between my dunk and Blake's dunk, if you're watching it live, you actually had to see the replay of what I did to really be like, 'Oh, wow, he really jumped over somebody,' " he said of his alley-oop feed from Dwyane Wade.

"I was at home watching Blake Griffin's dunk and when you see it like you're automatically like, 'Oh, my God, did he really go chest to chest and to throw it down?'

"So it took replays for you to realize what I did. And for Blake, it was like an automatic, 'Like wow!' thing."

LeBron after Blake Griffin's Dunk on Kendrick Perkins:
Quote:
Dunk of the Year!! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!! Wow!! I guess I'm #2 now. Move over #6.

LeBron on Derrick Rose; Heat going against Bulls (01/29/12):
Quote:
I admire his passion, I admire how humble he is about the game, I think the only word he cares about is winning.

For him to be as young as he is, to have a franchise on his back and be able to carry it in his home city, I think he's great, not only for the city of Chicago, but great for the NBA.

He's an unbelievable talent. And I'm looking forward to joining him in the Olympics.

LeBron on pressure of Kyrie Irving replacing him in Cleveland
Quote:
LeBron James says no pressure on Kyrie Irving replacing him: "He has no pressure. They're in kind of a rebuilding stage right now. I don't think he has any pressure. Pressure is created when you do things at a high level. He's going to continue to do things at a high level... but I don't think he has any pressure.''

LeBron on how he sees himself in Tim Tebow:
Quote:
“He’s one of the most intriguing, competitive athletes that we have today,” James said Thursday. “He’s all about winning, and he praises everybody but himself. He’s a very humble guy,

James could have stopped there, but continued, revealing something that was hardly a surprise.

He sees some of himself in Tebow.

“You know, I’m one of those guys who has been in those shoes before, as well,” James said. “Still in that boat, where a lot of people doubt you, and you’ve just got to try to prove them wrong.

LeBron's Tweet after watching NBA on TNT (01-12-12) with Kenny Jet Smith defending him:
Quote:
Inside the NBA on TNT was on point tonight. Ernie, Charles, Diesel and Kenny. Jet I hear u!!

LeBron's on what he'll do to Prepare for Next 2012 Season:
Quote:
LeBron talked about the fact he'll work on his game during the summer (Good). Of course, he also said this: "[But] My game has got me to this point where it's gotten me successful and I look at it as 'why would I change it at this point'." (Not good).

LeBron's on his Unclutch performance in 2011 NBA Finals:
Quote:
"I could have played better," he admitted. "At the end of the day I want to do great for my teammates. I want to do great every night. I put a lot of pressure on myself not to let my teammates down. Maybe to a fault at times that I put so much pressure on myself because I love seeing my teammates reap the benefits of great things."

LeBron's Tweet the following day after losing 2011 NBA Finals:
Quote:
"The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time. Right now isn't the time."

LeBron on his Worst Week:
Quote:
James was asked about how he felt following Miam's defeat in the 2011 NBA Finals.

"It was the worst week I ever had," said James. "I hate losing."

James was asked what he did during that week.

"I did nothing. Nothing at all."

LeBron on having a shot on winning MVP:
Quote:
James was asked if he had a real shot at winning the MVP last season.

"No," said James. "Just the thing I did (The Decision). The change from Cleveland to Miami wasn’t going to allow me to win the MVP."

LeBron when asked if it Bothers him that People were Rooting against him:
Quote:
"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They have to get back to the real world at some point."

LeBron on his Assessment to Play Under Pressure:
Quote:
"Sometimes you got it, sometimes you don't. And that was this case in this series."

LeBron if the Criticism in the Media has Affected his game:
Quote:
"I don't think so. I pretty much don't listen to what everybody has to say about me or my game or what I've done with my career. I don't get involved in that. This is year after year after year for me. Me as an individual, people write or say what they want to say about me. It doesn't weigh on me at all."

LeBron on what he did to Motivate himself for Game 6:
Quote:
"You just try to stay up and watch TV, and there is never anything on TV. Get on the Internet and read you guys’ columns. Those are fun. I’ve seen a lot of them. They’re pretty good. Appreciate it."

LeBron on Game 5 of 2011 Finals as the Biggest Game of his Life:
Quote:
"I understand what is at stake. This is a big game, probably the biggest game of my life. I'm approaching it that way. Not probably, it is."

LeBron on "Now or Never" Tweet before Game 5:
Quote:
"That's just how I was feeling at the time honestly," James said of the tweet. "It was just a personal message to myself. It has nothing to do with anyone else besides myself. I was just in the zone at that point."

LeBron's Tweet before Game 5 of 2011 NBA Finals:
Quote:
Now or Never!!

LeBron on Deshawn Stevenson saying James "checked out" in 4th Quarters:
Quote:
"He has a right to say what he wants to say. I'll be on the court for 45 minutes, we'll see what happens."

LeBron on his 8 points Game 4 of 2011 Finals performance:
Quote:
"I've got to do a better job of being more assertive offensively. I'm confident in my ability. It's just about going out there and knocking them down."

LeBron on Premature Partying in Game 2 of 4th Quarter w/ Heat up 15 points (Heat later loses to Mavs by 2 points):
Quote:
"There was no celebration at all," James said. "I was excited about the fact that [Mario Chalmers] hit a big shot and we went up 15."

LeBron after losing 2011 ECF Game 1 by 21 points to Bulls:
Quote:
“We can lose by 100,” James said. “This is the playoffs. This is only one game. It's just one game. It's not like it gave them two wins.”

LeBron on looking forward past the Playoff Series against the Sixers:
Quote:
“We’re just finishing our breakfast, honestly. Just finishing the 76ers off, we’re not looking ahead into the next round.”

LeBron against the upcoming Playoff Series vs the Celtics:
Quote:
After the Heat finished off the 76ers with a 97-91 win Wednesday night, James was asked how breakfast was. “Good,” he answered. “Now we’re looking forward to lunch.”

LeBron after guarding Igoudala who hits 3 out of 4 shots in final quarter:
Quote:
“He hit some tough shots, the same shots he’s missed over the course of the series that I’ve made him take,” James said. “Those are the shots that I want him to take, the step-back jumper, the cross-over jumper. I’m playing the numbers.”

LeBron when asked what being Seeded 2 means:
Quote:
"What does the 2 seed guarantee you?" asked James after losing to the Bucks on Wednesday.

"It doesn't guarantee you win the series. I'm a prime example. The last two years, I have been the 1st overall seed of everybody, all 16 teams, and it didn't pay off for us."

LeBron on Playing too many Minutes before Playoff Time:
Quote:
“Sometimes you wish you could simulate these games and get right to the postseason,” James said. “And let me get my rest.”

An avid video game player, LeBron James said he wishes he could hit the “advance to the playoffs” option at this point in the season.

LeBron on making the fans wish come true by starting for All-Star Game:
Quote:
“It is very humbling for myself,” James said. “To continue to showcase my talent, and the fans to respect that is humbling. It is an opportunity for them, the fans, to have their wish list come true.”

LeBron says he won't be Rusty for Knicks game (ended up shooting 7-24):
Quote:
"We've got two guys playing on our team that really enjoy playing here (Madison Square Garden)," James deadpanned [hinting between himself and Wade]. "I don't know where they are right now, but we've got two guys on this team who thrive on playing in the Garden so I don't think we'll be rusty."

LeBron on getting a Technical for complaining about a hard foul by Mo Evans:
Quote:
"I don't know if Mo Evans' intentions were to be dirty. But I watch a lot of basketball and I see a lot of basketball every day. Any time someone gets grabbed around the neck, it's an automatic Flagrant. If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong. But it seems that every time I get hit with a hard foul, all I get is two shots and [the opposing team] takes the ball out. I think, sometimes, it's unfair because of how strong I am."

With 4:12 left in the game, Wizards guard Mo Evans chased down James as he was streaking to the basket in transition and grabbed him around the shoulder and neck to prevent him from dunking.

James maintained his balance without stumbling and Evans was called for a routine foul. James thought the contact was a bit too rough and aggressively approached a referee to complain about the non-call. He was instead assessed a Technical foul.

LeBron on why he No Showed the Player Introductions in 2nd Trip to Cleveland:
Quote:
"I was just using the restroom. Am I allowed to do that?"

LeBron on what he expects in Cleveland on his 2nd Trip:
Quote:
“It can’t get no worse than it was Dec. 2 (last year's visit). I know that for a fact.”

LeBron on what it Feels like to Dunk:
Quote:
"You have to live in the air up there to know exactly what it feels like," James said. "I can't really tell you exactly what it feels like. You have to experience it for yourself. It's like getting a tattoo."

LeBron on Six Game Losing Streak:
Quote:
“We could probably lose every game for the rest of the season and make the playoffs,” James said. “The playoffs are what matters.”

LeBron on his Hurt Ankle:
Quote:
"There's no damage, I got an X-ray after the game. The doctor told me it's day-to-day so I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I don't have to be a hero in the regular season if I'm not close to 100 percent."

LeBron on Denying his Karma Tweet to the Cavs:
Quote:
"It's just how I was feeling at the time," James said. "It wasn't even a comment from me, it was someone who sent it to me and I sent it out. It wasn't toward THAT team. It definitely wasn't a good showing by that team last night, I know they wish they would've played better."

The entry on James' Twitter account did NOT indicate it was a re-tweet from another user.

James also did not fully explain the meaning behind the statement, though he did say that karma is a word and concept "I've kinda always used my whole life."

"I don't think there was intent at all," James said.

"I think everyone looks into everything I say. Everybody looks too far into it. No hit toward that organization. I've moved on and hopefully that organization is continuing to move on. But I'm happy where I am as a Miami Heat player."

LeBron on the Cavs deserving Karma for 55 point Loss in LA:
Quote:
"Crazy. Karma is a b****. Gets you every time. Its not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!"

LeBron on Loving the Boos:
Quote:
“I like boos, I don’t have a problem with the boos,” James said. “I’ve grown accustomed to it. I enjoy it.”

LeBron on calling his team The Heatles (Garnett's Ceatles in '07):
Quote:
"We call ourselves the ‘Heatles' like the Beatles," said James.

In 2007, Celtics forward Kevin Garnett called the newly-assembled Boston Celtics the "Ceatles".

LeBron on Not Knowing what Contraction meant:
Quote:
"That's crazy, because I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant before I saw it on the Internet," James said after the Miami Heat's practice Monday. "I never even mentioned that. That word never even came out of my mouth. I was just saying how the league was back in the '80s and how it could be good again. I never said, 'Let's take some of the teams out.'"

LeBron on the League would be better with Contraction:
Quote:
"You look back at it in the '80s," James said before Thursday night's game against the Phoenix Suns, "you had probably 10 teams that had two or three All-Stars on one team, at least. You go from Portland, you go of course to the Bulls, the Lakers, Detroit, Boston, Houston. That's why it was great. That's what I'm saying."

Asked if he was suggesting contraction, as has been offered as a possibility from Commissioner David Stern amid the league's contentious negotiations for a new collective-bargaining agreement, James said, "That's not my job as a player, but that's why the league was so great."

"Just imagine if you could take Kevin Love off Minnesota and add him to another team," he said. "Or, looking at some of the teams that's not that great, you take Brook Lopez or you take Devin Harris off these teams that's not that good right now and add 'em to a team that could be really good.

"I'm not saying, 'Let's take New Jersey, let's take Minnesota out of the league.' But, hey you guys are not stupid. I'm not stupid. I know what would be great for the league."

LeBron on Looking Forward to 2011:
Quote:
"I'll continue to get better. I'll continue to win. Someday, I hope to bring championships to this franchise. And off the court, I want to keep inspiring kids. I don't want them to be LeBron. I want them to be better than LeBron."

LeBron on why he nor Dwyane Wade would win MVP:
Quote:
"When we decided to come together our Most Valuable Player chances kind of went out the window."

LeBron on why LeBron's shoes are better than Kobe's:
Quote:
LeBron James' LeBron 8 V/2, which has a suggested price of $160, and Kobe Bryant's Zoom Kobe VI, which retails for $130. So the natural question is: Why in the heck does the Miami star's shoe sell for $30 more?

"Yeah, it's a better shoe,'' James said Friday. "But we're all one Nike family.''

So why is it a better shoe?

"Because it's LeBron's shoe", said James. "It is, it's got my name on it. I take pride in my shoes every year and I've always taken pride in having the best shoe. So they're going to cost a little more if you decide to wear them.''

LeBron on passing up the Cavs, Clippers, Nets, and Knicks:
Quote:
"Winning appeals to me, it is all about winning, I said it all summer," James said. "I'm not about saving franchises."

LeBron on not being scared to be out with New Yorkers:
Quote:
"No one is going to actually try to come up to me and try to hurt me," James said. "They may wait until I walk down the street and yell it after they've walked past me. I'll go out to eat and if there is something going on Thursday night, I may hang out. No one is going to do anything, I'm a big guy, man."

LeBron on Boobie Gibson's Friendship:
Quote:
"Did he (Daniel Gibson) say that? Did he actually be quoted as me and LeBron's friendship is over?" James said implying that Gibson felt he was misquoted and said everything is now patched up between the two. "I talked to Daniel today and it is all good. We're still friends."

LeBron on Ex-Teammates Ignoring LeBron:
Quote:
"I didn't expect too much, I didn't ask for too much for any of my ex-teammates, " James said. "For the most part, everyone's reception was kind of cold."

LeBron clarifying "Continuing his Greatness in Miami" Quote:
Quote:
"Did a post game interview with Craig Sager and I mentioned "Greatness" and I didn't mean my self individually, I meant to say US as a TEAM working towards "Greatness". Anyways Great Team Win for US tonight!"

LeBron Moving on from Cleveland to Continue his Greatness in Miami:
Quote:
"We tried our best as a team. Tried our best to bring a championship to (Cleveland) and just tried to play hard every night. I have the utmost respect for this franchise, the utmost respect for these fans, and you know, just continue the greatness for myself here in Miami and try to get better every day."

LeBron not Apologizing for "The Decision" because it was Solely for the Kids:
Quote:
"I don't want to apologize," he said. "I think my intentions were not to hurt anyone. My intentions were solely on kids during that whole process. There's always ways you can correct them or ways you can do them better. At the end of the day, I live with them. I'm satisfied and happy right now."

LeBron's Assessment of his 1st Game against his Former Team:
Quote:
"I know this court. I've made a lot of shots on this court."

LeBron on why he and Wade are playing Better Together:
Quote:
"He (Wade) stopped trying to figure out if it’s his time or my time,” James said about Wade’s recent improvement. “He had a lot on his mind at times. He’s just trying to figure this out instead of just going out and playing. And that’s the same for me too. We’re both in those instances where we were both trying to figure things out at the same time and we’re kind of hurting the team.”

LeBron on why Chris Bosh is Playing Better;:
Quote:
“I just think he (Bosh) stopped thinking about misses,” James said. “He just stopped trying to figure out 'Well, is it my time, or is it his time?' He's just been going out and playing. You know he has a lot on his mind trying to figure this out instead of just going out and playing. Now, we're just playing, and it's shown in the point differential when we're all out on the court together.”

LeBron on Nomination for 2010 “Person of the Year”:
Quote:
”I am who I am, and I think I'm in a position of my life where I'm going to get better every day, but it's too much. That's just crazy,'' James said. ''What those guys did, the courage and what they stood for, I should be nowhere near that list. Nowhere near it.''

LeBron on trying to Mesh with teammate Dwyane Wade:
Quote:
"I think it's slow right now. For seven years, we're used to having the ball. We talked a lot recently, just trying to figure this thing out and do what's best for ourselves individually and what's best for the team. It's something that we're making progress with."

LeBron on why Changing his Game makes him Just a Role Player:
Quote:
“No, I can’t change my game dramatically and I don’t think (Dwyane Wade) can either,” LeBron said. “It doesn’t make any sense to do that. I’m not going to.” He paused adding: “I’d just be a role player at that point.”

LeBron at Media Day of Heat Training Camp:
Quote:
“The game of basketball is fun,” James said. "The game will always be fun to me. I can’t wait to get out to practice tomorrow. But it’s all about business for me. It’s less antics and more about the game of basketball. We’re ready.”

LeBron after Heat's 93-77 loss to the Pacers:
Quote:
"We need to have more fun. We are lacking two things, that is having fun and having a little bit of swag right now. We are not playing with the same atmosphere, pride and fun as we did early on in the season when we were playing some good ball."

"We're not having fun right now," James later added. "We are not having fun at all."

LeBron on his Assessment of Miami's Big 3:
Quote:
"Looking on paper, LeBron and Chris and D-Wade are great basketball players."

LeBron after Losing Rematch against Celtics:
Quote:
"For myself, 44 minutes is too much,” James declared. “I think Coach Spo knows that. Forty minutes for D-Wade is too much. We have to have as much energy as we can to finish games out.”

LeBron in Memphis regarding Hearing Boos wherever he goes:
Quote:
“Every time you touch the ball you heard boos and every time you make a shot you hear cheers,” James said. “That’s what I heard. The fans come out and support their team. It is funny that Memphis fans, and fans in the league... some of the fans that had nothing to do with what I did, still boo like I was sitting in their room saying I was coming to Memphis,” said James.

LeBron after Rudy Gay sinks Game-Winner against him:
Quote:
James said he was on Gay's hip the whole time and used his length to contest the shot. He said he felt Gay got out of control, bobbling the ball a bit. "So it allowed me to once again get back in front of him," James said. "If he misses that shot, it's great D, we're going to overtime. If he makes it it's a great shot ... that was the best D we could have had."

LeBron after Carmelo Anthony sinks Game-Winner against him:
Quote:
“It’s finally me being on the other end I guess,” James said. “I’m so used to being on the other end making shots and looking at guys."

LeBron on 2009 Game 2 vs Magic after a Win:
Quote:
"I don't take time to look at what I do as an individual while I'm still playing this team game. When I'm done and retired and I'm gone away from the game, I can look back on what I did as an individual. As long as I have 14 teammates, I will never look upon what I do as an individual. That's not how I approach the game."

LeBron on 2009 Game 3 vs Magic after a Loss:
Quote:
"I'm only one guy," James said. "I took Hedo (Turkoglu) in the first game and Rashard (Lewis) hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't."

LeBron on Not Shaking Hands after Playoffs elimination by Magic:
Quote:
"I’m a winner. I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand."

LeBron on Not Shaking Dwight Howard's hand and missing Media Interviews:
Quote:
"I wouldn't have done it the same. I would have [at least] done the media. Without you guys [the media], there is no LeBron James, D-Wade, Tiger Woods or no Peyton Manning," continued James. "But as far as the dunk tape, or whatever car I'm driving, some things you guys shouldn't comment and some things you should. I look at the no handshake like this — during the regular season, no one ever shakes hands. I congratulated Dwight Howard through email and told him good luck in the Finals. Shaking hands is not a big deal to me. It's not being a sore loser, it’s moving on."

LeBron on Boobie Gibson missing Game 6 vs Celtics 2008:
Quote:
"A LeBron James team is never desperate."

LeBron on getting Booed for 120-88 Blow-out Lost to Celtics 2010:
Quote:
"I spoil a lot of people with my play," James told ESPN. "When you have a bad game here or there, when you have 3 bad games in a 7-year career, then it's easy to point that [bad] game out."

LeBron on Cleaning Upand Committing to the 2010 Dunk Contest:
Quote:
"It's got to be cleaned up, they have to go back to maybe the '80s with MJ and Dominique," James said. "You can't have so many chances at dunking the basketball. The whole anticipation of a dunk contest is one or two tries and that's it. If not, you get a score of 30 or 35. Guys are getting 10 opportunities to do the same dunk, by the time they complete it, it is like 'OK, we've seen it.'"

"Right now I'm preliminarily putting my name in the 2010 contest Saturday night," said James before continuing to call himself in the third-person, "LeBron James is saying in 2010, in Dallas Stadium, he will compete."

LeBron on NBA Logo and Players retiring #23:
Quote:
"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," said James. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn't Michael Jordan first. He can't get the NBA logo [from Jerry West], and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear No. 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it," James continued. "Now if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear that number."

LeBron on Crab Dribble being called for Travelling:
Quote:
"You have your trademark play, and that's one of my plays. It kind of looks like a travel because it's slow, and it's kind of a high-step. But it's a one-two just as fluent as any other one-two in this league. I got the wrong end of it, but I think they need to look at it. They need to understand that's not a travel," James said.

LeBron on a Defensive Play against Tracy McGrady:
Quote:
"On his way up, I got a piece of [McGrady's] arm and also a piece of the ball, which made his shot short [an airball]," James said. "You know, I guess it was a great defensive play."

LeBron when jokingly asked if the shoes given to him by Kobe Bryant helped his game:
Quote:
“A lot of players know how to play the game, but they really don’t know how to play the game... if you know what I mean. They can put the ball in the hoop, but I see things before they even happen. You know how a guy can make his team so much better? That's one thing I learned from watching Jordan."

LeBron maintaining Stats not Important before his Triple Double was Taken Away:
Quote:
"I don't go out there for the numbers, I just play my game."

LeBron to Danny Crawford after a Wizards Game:
Quote:
For the record, James turned to referee Danny Crawford and said: "Danny, they're trying to hurt me!"

After the game, James told the media, "I definitely saw DeShawn coming, but I didn't know that he hit me with a closed fist until one of my teammates told me," James said. "If we were on the park, something definitely would have escalated. If we was on the park where I grew up playing a lot of basketball, something would have happened. They want to hurt LeBron James. It's not going to work."

LeBron on idea of Affordable $15 Sneakers;and Stephan Marbury's response:
Quote:
Summary: March 28, 2007 - Before the Cavaliers vs Knicks game, LeBron James, whose line of sneakers cost around $120 - $150 a pair, was asked about the idea of affordable $15 sneakers, endorsed by Stephan Marbury.

"Growing up in the inner city, at times families can't afford $120 shoes. It's definitely smart on their part," said James.

Asked if the Nike $90 million man could see himself wearing these snickers, James responded unlikely saying "No, I don't think so. Me being with Nike, we hold our standards high."

Marbury, who is friendly with James, was lacing up his sneakers before the game when informed of LeBron's comment.

"I'd rather own than be owned," said Marbury before taking the court.

Marbury's Knicks beat LeBron's team that night, 97 - 93.

LeBron on 1st Practice with the Heat:
Quote:
"That's just me," James said of his intensity during practice. "Being around new teammates, you don't want to wear out your welcome on Day 1. But I just can't hold it back because my leadership skills won't allow me to do that."

LeBron on 1st Pre-season Game with the Heat:
Quote:
"I can't defer," James said. "I'm never in defer mentality."

LeBron on his 1st Pre-season Game back after being Sick:
Quote:
"I felt a little winded. I ain't gonna lie. I wasn't 100 percent," said James who was recovering from a virus. "If I looked sharp, wait until I get 100 percent."

LeBron on Sharing the Ball:
Quote:
"I love sharing the ball with my teammates. I see a lot of things before my teammates see them."

LeBron on being More Aggressive with the Ball:
Quote:
"Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.”

LeBron on his Role for the Team:
Quote:
"I've always been a leader. I've always kind of been the tallest person on the team when I was younger, but always kind of the smartest. I was ahead of my time. I wasn't always the oldest, I kind of was the youngest on the team."

LeBron on Being a Leader:
Quote:
"Everywhere I've been, I've been the best player. I love being a leader, and I love being the best. It's not about being cocky or selfish or anything like that. It's just how I am."

LeBron on Playing in the NBA:
Quote:
“There's no reason to play in the NBA if you don't believe you can win it all.”

LeBron on his Vision for Cleveland during the 2006 Playoffs:
Quote:
“I've always felt since I was drafted here that I was going to light [Cleveland] up like Vegas. I said that on Day 1 once I got drafted. It's been slow progress, but it takes a few years to put a building up in Vegas, too.”

LeBron on future of Winning 1st Championship with Cavaliers:
Quote:
"I've been used to being an automatic winner, just going onto the court knowing no team could beat us. I didn't feel that way my first year in the League. Now I’m at a point where I feel like every time we play, we’re going to win. I’m not saying I know we’re going to win a championship this year. That takes time. It took Jordan seven years, Shaq eight. If we keep getting better, I don’t think I’ll have to wait eight years.”

Part 2: Off the Court (Off-Season)
(Off-Season Summer Quotes, Personal Quotes, Twitter Quotes, etc.)

LeBron on Jews sucking at Basketball:
Quote:
As we previously reported, LeBron James was a last minute fill-in for a team at the Mandel Jewish Community Center in Ohio Monday night ... and his team, CRUSHED their opponents.

But after the game, LBJ was verbally accosted by a man who worked at the kosher sandwich shop inside the center -- who claims he heard LeBron telling his buddies, "These Jews suck at basketball."

LeBron on how Easy playing with the Heat will be that Pat Riley can come out of Retirement:
Quote:
"We're going to challenge each other in practice. And the way we're going to challenge each other to get better in practice, once the game starts, I mean, it's going to be easy. I mean, with me and Dwyane Wade running a wing, Pat could come back and play like he was back in his Kentucky days. Just throw it up there, we're going to get it."

LeBron on new Jersey #6 and bringing a Championship to Miami:
Quote:
``It just feels right. This marks a new beginning for me. Miami represents a new chapter in my basketball career. I'm really looking forward to it. It's gonna be fun. And I'm gonna do what I can to the best of my ability to bring home a championship to that city.''

LeBron on Heat's Aspirations:
Quote:
"Not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. Hey, and when I say that when I say that, I really believe it. I'm not just up here blowing smoke at none of these fans, because that's not what I'm about. I'm about business. And we believe we can win multiple championships."

LeBron on staying Humble:
Quote:
"LeBron stays humble just by being LeBron."

LeBron on being Humble growing up:
Quote:
"That's what keeps me humble because I know my background, know what my mother went through. I never get too high on my stardom or what I can do. My mom always says and my friends all say, ’You're just a very low-maintenance guy’. I don't need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don't excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball in my life.”

LeBron on being a Role Model
Quote:
"Once you become a professional athlete or once you do anything well, then you're automatically a role model," says James. "I have no problem being a role model. I love it."

LeBron about girlfriend Savannah, his Baby's Mama:
Quote:
“A person like myself always needs a great sidekick. And she’s that,” James says. “She’s got my back.”

LeBron on Homosexuality in the NBA:
Quote:
“We’re like family and you take showers with each other,” James said Wednesday. “We’re on the bus together and we talk about a lot of things and if you’re not trustworthy, like admitting you’re gay, you can’t be trusted. It’s a trust factor.”

LeBron on Re-signing his 2007 extension with Cavaliers:
Quote:
“If I didn't believe in this team and this organization and the direction that we're headed, I wouldn't have signed the extension.”

LeBron's thoughts about Ring - Chasing:
Quote:
"It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best," says James about his Cavaliers team. "I don’t want to go "Ring - Chasing" as I call it, you know. Going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."

LeBron's Assurance he’s Not Leaving Cleveland after 2010 season:
Quote:
"I’ve been a Cav for seven years now, and I’ve never given any indication I was leaving."

LeBron on his 2010 ESPN “The Decision”:
Quote:
"In this fall, man this is very though, in this fall, I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and play with the Miami Heat."

LeBron's Farewell to Cleveland on his Website:
Quote:
“Next year, I will be playing for The Miami Heat. I would like to thank all of my fans for supporting me and I am looking forward to seeing you guys next season as I CHASE the NBA Championship.”

LeBron on why LeBron left Cleveland:
Quote:
"One thing I didn't want to do was make an emotional decision. I wanted to do what's best for LeBron James and to do what makes LeBron James happy. Put the shoe on the other foot. The Cavs would have gotten rid of me at one point. Would my family burn down their organization? Of course not. This is a business. I've had seven great years in Cleveland."

LeBron on why he Never called the Cavs about his Departure:
Quote:
“I didn’t talk to anyone personally because I got to a point the last day, I heard so much through out the whole process. The last day I wanted it to be about me.”

LeBron on Donating $2.5 of the $6 million Revenue from ESPN “The Decision” to Boys & Girls Club:
Quote:
"This is an unbelievable venture for myself. This is great, also for the kids. The kids are our future. One day we might have another LeBron. Maybe."

LeBron on when his new Heat team visits Cleveland:
Quote:
"Hopefully the fans will be respectful, but at the same time I don't expect that to be. But I gave a lot to the [Cavs] organization, my talents, my seven years. I tried to take them to places where they had never been before."

LeBron on Dan Gilbert:
Quote:
"I don't think he ever cared about LeBron," James says of Gilbert. "My mother always told me: 'You will see the light of people when they hit adversity. You'll get a good sense of their character' Me and my family have seen the character of that man."

LeBron on his Criticism for the Decision:
Quote:
"Don't think for one min that I haven't been taking mental notes of everyone taking shots at me this summer. And I mean everyone!"

LeBron on Race Factor in Media Coverage of his Decision:
Quote:
"I think people are looking too far into [my race comment]. But at the same time, sometimes race does play a part in it. I've said what I had to say, and I'll continue to move on."

LeBron on why LeBron is never on a Lose-Lose but Win-Win Situation:
Quote:
"In the life I live today, the way I am blessed, the way the man above has given me these God-given abilities, there's no way I'm in a lose-lose situation. Every day I wake up, see my family, my two sons running around loving life, there's no way I'm in a lose-lose situation. I'm going out here playing a game of basketball, the game I love, the game I played as a kid for free, and we still play for free! So there's no lose-lose situation for me. It just so happens we've got cameras and people writing about it. So until you understand who LeBron James is, LeBron James is in a win-win situation, and will continue to be in a win-win situation."

LeBron about the City of Cleveland:
Quote:
"We didn't actually like Cleveland," says James. "We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day."

LeBron on a Possible Return to the Cavaliers:
Quote:
"If there was an opportunity for me to return to Clevelnd, and those fans welcome me back, that would be a great story."

LeBron on Cavs fans Burning his Jerseys:
Quote:
"Maybe those ones burning my jerseys were never LeBron fans anyway."

LeBron on Playing for Cleveland fans:
Quote:
"Cleveland fans are awesome," James told GQ. "But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court."

LeBron on how he Relates to Upset Fans in his hometown Ohio:
Quote:
"If I was a fan and I was on the outside looking in, I could be upset a little bit if one of my favorite players left. Or if I felt like he betrayed us or whatever the case may be. But you have to get over it."

LeBron clarifying his "Upset Fans in Ohio" comment on Twitter:
Quote:
Let's clear this up! I never said to the Cavs fans to "get over it". I've never and will never say anything bad about them. 7 years of joy!

LeBron's First Tweet:
Quote:
"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building "Finally"."

LeBron on his Tweeter's Bio:
Quote:
"King of Akron".

LeBron telling Twitter Nation October 18 is Hater Day:
Quote:
"Today is Hater Day. Everyone please let them get their 2 mins of fame and light! I Love You Haters. Continue to make me proud of u guys! LOL"

LeBron to ESPN after Re-Tweeting some hater messages on Hater Day:
Quote:
"I just want you guys to see it also. To see what type of words that are said toward me, and towards us as professional athletes. Everybody thinks it is a bed of roses and it's not. "

LeBron on wether he made the US Basketball Team for the 2008 Olympics:
Quote:
"It looks positive at this point. I haven't talked with Mr. Colangelo, but we should be making this announcement within a week or so."

LeBron on his Dedication:
Quote:
"Ask me to play. I'll play. Ask me to shoot. I'll shoot. Ask me to pass. I'll pass. Ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate. Anything. But it's not what you ask of me. It's what I ask of myself."

LeBron talking about his Nike commercial:
Quote:
“Me and Nike came up with the concept. We just ran with it, man. It was awesome! It took me about a week to do it. I was putting on different costumes. We hit everyone; the older generation, the younger generation, and the ‘Me’ generation.”

LeBron on the Nike confiscated Dunk Tape:
Quote:
"I never told anyone to confiscate any tapes. Nike just has a no videotape policy at pick-up games. But now that LeBron is involved, it's blown up. It's a play that happens in basketball all the time. You can go on YouTube and see me being dunked on by a lot of guys. I like to call myself a shot blocker and getting dunked on tends to happen."

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:15 am; edited 90 times in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject:

From another poster.

Quote:
"Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, we can win multiple championships!"

"I think people are looking too far into (my race comment). But at the same time, sometimes race does play a part in it. I've said what I had to say, and I'll continue to move on."

"I'm taking my talents to South Beach."

"I'm the next O.J.!"

I'm curious when he said the OJ part.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject:

if Lebron James can marry himself, I think he would
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject:

This is quite humorous.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject:

"I don't need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don't excite me. I am just glad that I have the game of basketball in my life."
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject:

"There is a lot of pressure put on me, but I don't put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel if I play my game, it will take care of itself."
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject:

" I am such a Duchebag, is why people hate me"

oh wait.......I said that about LeBJ.
Jamesikan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Are these real?

I had an idea of how egotistical this man was, but after reading ALL of these...
LakerEidos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3686667
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/lebron-i-dont-want-to-go-ringchasing-as-i-call-it-28664

Quote:
"It’s also important to me to make the team I’m on now the best. I don’t want to go ring-chasing, as I call it; you know, going to a team that’s already pretty established and trying to win a ring with them. I want to stay with the Cavs and build a champion. And I feel like we’re on our way."
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.”

Quote:
“You can’t let nobody run your train.”

Quote:
“I’m under a super microscope. I’ve got my friends to keep me cool. As long as you’ve got friends, you’ve got nothing to worry about.”

Quote:
“The seven years I gave to that franchise, to that city, it was everything.”

On leaving Cleveland:
Quote:
“It was a tough decision, because I know how loyal I am.”

Quote:
"You know, softball is the other sport I do besides basketball."

Quote:
“A lot of players know how to play the game, but they really don’t know how to play the game, if you know what I mean. They can put the ball in the hoop, but I see things before they even happen. You know how a guy can make his team so much better? That’s one thing I learned from watching Jordan.”

Quote:
“Ask me to play. I'll play. Ask me to shoot. I'll shoot. Ask me to pass. I'll pass. Ask me to steal, block out, sacrifice, lead, dominate. ANYTHING. But it's not what you ask of me. It's what I ask of myself.”
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," said James, who has worn 23 since he was a high school sophomore. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn't Michael Jordan first.

"He can't get the logo [Hall of Famer Jerry West's silhouette adorns the NBA's logo], and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it."

Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Twitter quotes.

Quote:
Shout out and much love to @jalenrose! He know why
Please don't tell me why. I really don't want to know.

Quote:
Akron flow
Ahhhhhhhh yeah. Akron flow, baby.

Quote:
Always good to be back on the field. Call me LeBron Randy Moss James. Yes Sir!!

Quote:
It's always tough leaving behind the ones u love the most!

Quote:
Lauren Jackson is the Dirk Norwitzi of the WNBA
Thanks, Larry King.

LBJ retweeted this. Really.
Quote:
JDBforever10 @KingJames is a BEAST

Quote:
Shout out to Kurt Herbstriet also(may have spelled last name). ESPNU
May have also "spelled" his first name wrong too.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject:

"There's no reason to play in the NBA if you don't believe you can win it all."

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire. I want to get to a position where generation on generation don't have to worry about nothing. I don't want family members from my kids to my son's kids to never have to worry. And I can't do that now just playing basketball."

"I'm not afraid of nothing, I just like the challenge, and I love being here."
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:

"To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players."

"With that locker room I could sleep there after games."

"I told myself if I ever made it to the level I want to be at, I'm gonna give back."
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject:

"I Spoil you with my play." will always be at the top for me.

Sadly for El BJ, you can't spoil someone when they're able to watch something better at 7:30 on the West Coast every other night.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if his ego is bigger than Shaq's.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I lol'ed IRL
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject:

No fabricated LBJ hate on this board at all. Reading all of his quotes at once completely justifies the hate.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
themachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject:

douchebag.
themachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it."

this just proves lebron is big liar.

he once said that he will join the ASG Dunking contest.
All Net
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject:

I swear laker fans on here are more obessed with Lebron than ESPN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject:

All Net wrote:
I swear laker fans on here are more obessed with Lebron than ESPN.
Not me. I just like his quotes.

"I'm like a superhero. Call me "Basketball Man." that's a good line for a movie.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject:

Basketball Man al rescate!!!
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject:

On developing JJ Hickson.

"One thing I try to do is just stay in his ear, positively," James said. "I'm going to continue to let him know how easy it can be for him if he just does what I tell him to do."

James' comment was met with laughter. He wasn't kidding.

"Seriously, man," James said. "It sounds kind of weird, but I see a lot of openings for him on the court that he doesn't see. He doesn't have a lot of experience and I just try to stay in his ear."

On missing a triple double by a single rebound:

"It's all about wins for me," he said. "I think I've probably had the most one-rebound or one-assist-away triple-doubles than anybody in NBA history. Those things will come. Individual accolades will come."

James on keeping track of his stats during games (he indeed had 9 assists in the 1st quarter):

"I think when you can get your teammates involved early -- I think I had nine assists in the first quarter -- it gave us an opportunity to have a 36-point quarter," James said. "It gets everyone involved, everyone got an opportunity to touch the ball on the offensive end."

On having a great January:

"You look at the numbers, and see what I've done as an individual, and the best part about it is that it results in wins for us," he said.

On being a teammate first and a scorer second:

"I could really go for 50 a lot of nights if I wanted to," James said. "But I feel like if I have my teammates involved, it's ultimately going to help us in the long run."

And many more.
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject:

Dude, these are friggin classic. The love that man has for himself is unmeasurable. It borders on the perverse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: