What is your FAVORITE BEER? Your FAVORITE DRINK at a bar?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxjunkyxx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject:

not a fan of beer.

as for drinks... AMF's, Jack n Coke, Malibu Rum with some coke... and cmon, every guy out there has to have a favorite (bleep) drink... if you're stuck in a chick party full of (bleep) drinks
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject:

^ Jack without the coke. Rum without the "Malibu."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject:

For beer, dos equis, Heineken and corona.

Mixed drinks has to be an adiosmother****
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject:

I'm currently drinking a Keystone Light. Yes, I am on a budget.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:

Teamof2000 wrote:
I'm currently drinking a Keystone Light. Yes, I am on a budget.

Amen
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject:

Really though, my favorite beer to consistantly drink is Coors light. Somehow takin sips from dads brew developed a taste for the stuff.

Drinks

Jack and diet. I hate Diet coke, but somehow the sweeteners in it mix tremendously well with Jack.

Im not at the ripe enough age to enjoy Jack and water yet lol. That takes a while to get used to.

Irish car bombs for fun, if im not just drinkin Jack and diet.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Iwatch4Kobe wrote:
Really though, my favorite beer to consistantly drink is Coors light. Somehow takin sips from dads brew developed a taste for the stuff.

Drinks

Jack and diet. I hate Diet coke, but somehow the sweeteners in it mix tremendously well with Jack.

Im not at the ripe enough age to enjoy Jack and water yet lol. That takes a while to get used to.

To each their own, but I have yet to find someone to give me an answer of why they drink something awful like Coors (don't even get me started on Light beers) when there are so many choices out there. Is it a price thing, or is it a MacDonalds (heavy advertising over substance) thing?

BTW, if you want to experiment with whiskey and water, there are some great single-malt scotches that will put Jack to shame...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject:

Corona or Jack Daniels
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Reg Michelob, Dos Equis, (hard times-Natty Ice)

Patron Silver-shots
Purple Hooter
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject:

BUSCH.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject:

Just turned 20 an hour and a half ago. Never had a drink in my life. I'll wait until its legal, but I have a feeling I'll never be a drinker. Maybe on special occasions, but I just don't have an interest in it.

Is there a drink/beer you recommend for a first time drinker?
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject:

^

Conker wrote:
BUSCH.

JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject:

i've been able to enjoy various liquors. it pretty much depends on $$, where i am, what i'm eating...what i'm doing.

beer: newcastle, smithwicks, and an ocassional heineken. but since discovering the dark beers, i rarely will order a heineken unless neither dark beer is available.

wine: my palate loves zins, but i like many types of wine, both red and whites, but do prefer the reds. the whites seem to be more refreshing so i like those in summer. i drink a lot of different wines now.

i do like a good tequila/margarita once in a great while. tequiles do go great w/mexican food. (what a surprise!) cazadores margaritas on the rocks is one of the best one can have, either on the rocks or neat. i don't do neat on the regular because i'd be broke; they go down way to easily, but that is a great way to have one. baja cantina in venice has bartenders w/broke wrists...that's a good thing.

in vegas...i had the wonderful pleasure of discovering a cognac, hine antique xo. i only have it there, and i'd better be winning.

but my first drink of choice is crown royal on the rocks...not in some little glass. like it served in an old fashioned glass w/lots of ice. crown reserve is their best by far. smooth as silk. their cask version was too oaky and smokey for me.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject:

Smithwicks has become my go to beer at restaurants... i mean when its available.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject:

Free_Kobe wrote:
Smithwicks has become my go to beer at restaurants... i mean when its available.

You guys need to check out Yardhouse. Tons of beer on tap and if it's happy hour, it's like 2 bucks cheaper. Smithwicks etc, all the beer you could want.

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject:

Beer: Too variable. I will just sort it out when I see the list.

I frequently opt for a single malt scotch, once again highly dependent upon the selection.

Cocktails, I like Tanquray martinis extra dry with Noilly Prat vermouth, dirty, with two to three olives. I like my olives marinated. Ditto with my liver.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Stylistic Stylez wrote:
Free_Kobe wrote:

You guys need to check out Yardhouse. Tons of beer on tap and if it's happy hour, it's like 2 bucks cheaper. Smithwicks etc, all the beer you could want.

thats actually the first place I've had Smitwicks! So many great beers there!
I've been getting the 6 pack (where they pick 6 beers for you).
I like the surprise.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Iwatch4Kobe wrote:

Drinks

To each their own, but I have yet to find someone to give me an answer of why they drink something awful like Coors (don't even get me started on Light beers) when there are so many choices out there. Is it a price thing, or is it a MacDonalds (heavy advertising over substance) thing?

Yeah, I don't really get it either! My buddy drinks bud light because of the taste... I figure you might as well drink water!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
i've been able to enjoy various liquors. it pretty much depends on $$, where i am, what i'm eating...what i'm doing.

beer: newcastle, smithwicks, and an ocassional heineken. but since discovering the dark beers, i rarely will order a heineken unless neither dark beer is available.

wine: my palate loves zins, but i like many types of wine, both red and whites, but do prefer the reds. the whites seem to be more refreshing so i like those in summer. i drink a lot of different wines now.

i do like a good tequila/margarita once in a great while. tequiles do go great w/mexican food. (what a surprise!) cazadores margaritas on the rocks is one of the best one can have, either on the rocks or neat. i don't do neat on the regular because i'd be broke; they go down way to easily, but that is a great way to have one. baja cantina in venice has bartenders w/broke wrists...that's a good thing.

in vegas...i had the wonderful pleasure of discovering a cognac, hine antique xo. i only have it there, and i'd better be winning.

but my first drink of choice is crown royal on the rocks...not in some little glass. like it served in an old fashioned glass w/lots of ice. crown reserve is their best by far. smooth as silk. their cask version was too oaky and smokey for me.

So in other words you like whisky as long as it doesn't taste like whisky?
tradition32834
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject:

sam adams Boston Lager at home and at a bar i go for a draft Heineken
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject:

I've been drinking a lot of Dale's Pale Ale lately...
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
JTS1 wrote:

So in other words you like whisky as long as it doesn't taste like whisky?

haha, someone bumped this thread.

to answer 24...love the taste of whiskey as long as it doesn't taste like SCOTCH!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Red Bull and Vodka and Adios's used to be my mixed drinks of choice. Oh, and Irish car bombs. A simple Guiness used to be my beer of choice, too. Damn, I miss drinking.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
love the taste of whiskey as long as it doesn't taste like SCOTCH!

Scotch is the only reason to drink whiskey.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Latest cocktail of choice when out and about - a habanera margarita. The spicy kick of the habanera really compliments a well made margarita.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: