Its about time to pull rank!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Andrew play more?
Should I keep my nose out of it?
48%
 48%  [ 18 ]
Should we use Andrew as our Francisco Rodriguez, like the Angels did in 2002?
51%
 51%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 37

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

I think the development of Bynum's game thus far is a testament to the way Phil is bringing him along. Let the man do what he does.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
5-8 minutes a game isn't too much to ask for. The Lakers need energy off the bench and you see how all of his teammates get excited when Abomb does something positive.

That is true, it is obvious that the team wants Socks to do well, hopefully it is a carry over from the way he performs in practice, that would say alot about the kid. I thought Sasha was going to plant a big wet one on him last night.

On a side note, KCAL blew it last night. Stu kept talking about how every move by Bynum got Kareem out of his seat, but they never caught it on camera.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

let the kid play 6-10 minutes a game.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

How long did you keep Magic on the bench, Doc?

How about the way Dull Harris worked Kobe into the mix?

LeBron really hurt himself out there as a rookie.

Toronto was nuts for giving CBosh floor time at 18.

Follow Portland's example and keep him nailed to the bench a la Jermaine O'Neal! Then he can leave and become an All-Star elsewhere!
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

golden1 wrote:
It cracks me up, when people talk about these MEN as if they are fragile little girls. I was in the army when I was 18 and the drill Sgt. would've laughed if I demanded to brought along like a little girl. These guys are highly paid, big, strong men!! Let them earn their pay, and play them. If these men need to be treated like babies, then that tells me a lot about NBA players.

The NBA can hardly compare to truly being in battle.

There is a reason our military treats everyone the same ... to try and weed out those who absolutely cannot face a life or death situation and get the rest ready for it. Despite the military's best efforts though I heard many stories of crying during firefights ... guys going almost comatose ... even some who literally pissed their pants. One Viet Vet confided in me that he spent his first firefight literally lying covered in bug-infested, brackish water with his head sticking up just enough to breath. While a good friend of mine died over there because he was a crazy MFer who didn't know ANY fear. The point is that everyone is different and even the military's "one size fits all" policy doesn't work.

Instead of comparing the NBA to the military, think of it as just another employer who, in this case, has invested MILLIONS in someone's potential. And like any good company, you don't promote an employee until they are ready regardless of their potential. Success at job is as much mental as anything and promoting someone before they are ready is a sure fire path to failure.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

Follow Portland's example and keep him nailed to the bench a la Jermaine O'Neal! Then he can leave and become an All-Star elsewhere!

Everyone is different and each progresses according to his own abilities. Listing the sucesses proves nothing. I can list 2 failures for every 1 success ... doesn't prove anything other than everyone is different. I will put my trust in Phil and his assistants more than a bunch of ADHD suffering fans.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Everyone is different and each progresses according to his own abilities. Listing the sucesses proves nothing. I can list 2 failures for every 1 success ... doesn't prove anything other than everyone is different. I will put my trust in Phil and his assistants more than a bunch of ADHD suffering fans.

I agree with Dr. Laker, as do most Laker fans.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

give him time..Dont just sit him for garbage time. Subtle transitioning would be nice.
Dr.JerryBuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

As you can see the debate goes on with the poll being so close!! We will probably stick with the safe plan for this year and keep his playing time minimal and reevaluate where Andrew is at after the playoffs

And you can quote me on that we will make the playoffs!!
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:

Come on, Doc, don't puss out now! Follow thru with the plan! You are still running things over there, aren't you?
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

golden1 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

If we listened to the majority of fans in this forum, we'd have cut Mihm or traded him for a bag of chips and a second round pick. Obviously, THAT would have been a mistake. Luckily this is not a democracy and fans do not rule
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Let Phil handle the playing time.
golden1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
golden1 wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

If we listened to the majority of fans in this forum, we'd have cut Mihm or traded him for a bag of chips and a second round pick. Obviously, THAT would have been a mistake. Luckily this is not a democracy and fans do not rule

Who said trade him for a bag of chips? Fans may not rule, but if management continues to surround Kobe with duds, fans will vote with their wallets
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

golden1 wrote:
It cracks me up, when people talk about these MEN as if they are fragile little girls. I was in the army when I was 18 and the drill Sgt. would've laughed if I demanded to brought along like a little girl. These guys are highly paid, big, strong men!! Let them earn their pay, and play them. If these men need to be treated like babies, then that tells me a lot about NBA players.

You're overlooking the obvious. If a grunt dies or breaks, nobody notices, much less cares. They're a dime a dozen. In the NBA, seven footers with real potential are a rarity, and can help make tens of millions of dollars (or more) for the ownership.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: