Lakers too inconsistent

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerchick2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Lakers too inconsistent

They loose to teams they should be like last night, missing 3 starters. Nobody came to play. Kobe shot horribly, & the rest of the team looked like a girls junior varsity team. I thought the loss to Houston on the last play was bad. Last night was an embrassment. Phil needs to mix up the line-up.

-Play Bynum & Brown together. The kid is active, & always plays w/energy. Mihm although improving, to let someone posterize you, & not foul him. Where is this guys heart?

-Start George over Parker, move Kobe to pg. Defensively guards will have a hard getting to paint.

-Apply pressure, not once we get down by 20 points.

Any other suggestions?
BigVeece
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

I suggest to just keep things the way they are.. lets not start panicing over this loss.. after the lakers blew out the knicks by 33, you didnt think that did you??? one loss doesnt mean lets shake up the lineup. I believe we're ahead of where we thought we would be.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers too inconsistent

Lakerchick2u wrote:
They loose to teams they should be like last night, missing 3 starters. Nobody came to play. Kobe shot horribly, & the rest of the team looked like a girls junior varsity team. I thought the loss to Houston on the last play was bad. Last night was an embrassment. Phil needs to mix up the line-up.

-Play Bynum & Brown together. The kid is active, & always plays w/energy. Mihm although improving, to let someone posterize you, & not foul him. Where is this guys heart?

-Start George over Parker, move Kobe to pg. Defensively guards will have a hard getting to paint.

-Apply pressure, not once we get down by 20 points.

Any other suggestions?
Phil isn't going to put Bynum in a position to get stigmatized, thinking he's responsible for a loss.

And take your only REAL scoring threat, out of scoring position?

Every time the Lakers applied FC pressure against the Pacers, we got burned.

Yeah it's frustrating, but, I've got to believe that Phis is managing this mess the best he knows how. You think fans are embarassed, imagine Phil's state of mind.

However:

Laker record by month...

November 5W-8L .385
December 10W-6L .625
January 9W-5L .642
Roachman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

After reading the title of the thread, I came in to disagree, but actually you made some compelling points, and for the first time, I'm considering the possibility that this team might be inconsistent...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

I thought pre season a line up of
Kobe
DG
LO
Kwame
Mihm
would be ideal. We are freakishly long and athletic. Can basically play ring around the rosey forcing teams into jump shooters. Eliminate pentration. This was the dream I have had for this team as assembled
Lakerchick2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Roachman wrote:
After reading the title of the thread, I came in to disagree, but actually you made some compelling points, and for the first time, I'm considering the possibility that this team might be inconsistent...

:roll: Instead of being a wiseguy, make some suggestions.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Even Phil has commented that when Bynum gets in there, the team gets excited and they root for him. Maybe they can use him a bit more as a spark for the team. Every team needs an energizer off the bench and until Turiaf is ready, maybe Bynum can be that guy. Not in huge amounts, but little spurts.

Otherwise I agree...it's a young team, they will be inconsistent. That's just the way it is until they get more experience.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
I thought pre season a line up of
Kobe
DG
LO
Kwame
Mihm
would be ideal. We are freakishly long and athletic. Can basically play ring around the rosey forcing teams into jump shooters. Eliminate pentration. This was the dream I have had for this team as assembled

So basically Kobe gets worn out defending Iverson, Tony Parker, or any
other speedy low-to-the-ground PG all day on defense?

Cuz sorry, but DG, LO, Kwame and Mihm can't even fathom covering
a small speedy point.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakerchick2u wrote:
Roachman wrote:

:roll: Instead of being a wiseguy, make some suggestions.

I'll readily admit that after reading the title of this thread I came in to crack wise because it's pretty darn obvious that this team may be a lot of things but consistent isn't one of them. In spite of the fact that as a writer and editor your grammar skills are offensive I realize that this forum is about discussing the Lakers and not a class in English. So I'm here to say that after reading your post, I actually agree with some of what you are saying. Phil needs to play around with the lineup to try and find a combination that will be more efficient and yes, consistent, than the one he is currently putting on the floor. I'm not sure that Kobe at the one is the solution but Smush seems to have flattened out and unless Odom does a 180 he has about worn out his welcome in the facilitator role. Move Odom to the four, have Kwame come off the bench to back him up and as for the point, maybe (and it's a big maybe) try Luke as the starter or perhaps if McKie ever rehabs go with him. Sometimes taking a starter and putting him in a backup role lights a fire under them and they actually contribute more to the team (Fisher is a great example of this).

Anyway, don't let the negative smartass's around here keep you from speaking your mind as long as you continue to stand behind this team because without fan support they'll be even less consistent than they already are.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I said a while ago that our biggest consistency is our inconsistency. We are a young team and we are going to have our peaks and valleys. It's very frustrating, but we all need to realize this, including myself.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
[

So basically Kobe gets worn out defending Iverson, Tony Parker, or any
other speedy low-to-the-ground PG all day on defense?

Cuz sorry, but DG, LO, Kwame and Mihm can't even fathom covering
a small speedy point.

exactly.wolf made a suggestion of putting sasha in for kwame if im not mistaken,we would be able to switch defensivly and like he pointed out would stretch the D. or we could even put cook back in there,cuz hes kind of dissapeared on the bench again

smush
parker
kb
odom
mihm
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: