Kobe Bryant...in his own words

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHaDaddy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant...in his own words

Hey guys,

I found an article written by Kobe, himself. It shows the true passion and love he has for the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5301340
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant...in his own words

BigHaDaddy wrote:
Hey guys,

I found an article written by Kobe, himself. It shows the true passion and love he has for the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5301340

lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Cool read. Thanks.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Sorry man, but this has been already posted in the "Exerpt from Kobe's Dime Article" thread
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

good article about his passion and will to win. But.. what is he going to do to get his teamates more involved?
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
But.. what is he going to do to get his teamates more involved?

from that question, it seems you didn't read the article.. 1) Kobe is not the facilitator right now.. They are still learning to see which spots in the triangle they can get to to get their shots.. 2) He talks about him wondering what he should do to motivate his teammates to play with the same passion he does, etc.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
But now I worry because I know how hard that was for me to learn, how many sleepless nights I had and how much criticism and trade rumors I had to endure before I mastered my role. This is probably what my current teammates are going through. All I can do is pray that one day we will reach the same level of chemistry and understanding that existed between me, Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and all the other players I once went to war with.

For all thos LO haters out there. If it was hard for Kobe on a veteran team, how difficult is it for Lamar, a less talented player, on a inexperienced team?

By the way - nice read Kobe. You need to write more.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject:

great article. looking forward to coppin the magazine. should pic it up this weekend. i expect nothing less of kob. he has always been a student of the game and no he was not dissing shaq at all. in order to have a good 1-2 punch the number 2 should work on the weaknesses of the one so the opponent can not find any weaknesses at all. and the lakers were able to expoloit the other team..smart by the kobster!
i wish besides bron more people showed this passion for the game!
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Quote:
But now I worry because I know how hard that was for me to learn, how many sleepless nights I had and how much criticism and trade rumors I had to endure before I mastered my role. This is probably what my current teammates are going through. All I can do is pray that one day we will reach the same level of chemistry and understanding that existed between me, Shaq, Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and all the other players I once went to war with.

For all thos LO haters out there. If it was hard for Kobe on a veteran team, how difficult is it for Lamar, a less talented player, on a inexperienced team?

By the way - nice read Kobe. You need to write more.

Odom is not less talented than Kobe. In fact, athletically, he is MORE gifted than Kobe is. What Odom lacks are basketball skills and basketball knowledge, which can be learned/taught if he is a willing pupil. Kobe had to learn how to effectively play with Shaq, and mold his games to hurt the defenses when they were focusing on Shaq. Odom has to learn how to most effectively play off of Kobe, and make the defenses pay for scheming to shut him down.

This is why I'm reluctant to trade him. Because Odom isn't known for being the most cerebral player, and he hasn't got a lot of experience with the triangle. I think we can really throw last year out the window, because the guys were just running around with their heads cut off most of the time, and Odom missed a significant percantage of triangle playing time anyway due to injury. And it's not just learning how the offense is run, it's learning how the defense is going to adjust to the offense, and how to attack the defense when it shifts. These are not things that can be learned in practice, because they cannot be simulated effectively ... not really. So from my perspective, any thoughts of trading Odom should not even be entertained untill next years trading deadline at the absoloute earliest, and I still think that's too early.

My reasoning is that Odom needs to be able to go through a playoff series in his current role before he is really going to be exposed to enough triangle defense strategy to start "getting it." And the fact that Bryant is just SO good, taking this team onto it's shoulders and basically "willing" them into the playoffs is going to accelerate the process of getting this team into a playoff matchup. If Bryant were not the otherwordly basketball player that he is, this team wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs untill next season, at which point Odom would have two full training camps and seasons, and an offseason to have worked into his role with this team. I think that is where it could be deteremined if he had the professional, mental, and intestinal capability to help this team contend for a title.

So from my point of view, trading Odom shouldn't even be entertained untill NEXT off-season, I'm talking about another year and a half.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

It's much easier to deliver the ball to Shaq and set up that version of the Triangle though with the veteran players they had.

Let's be honest. Kobe sucked last season too at being an initiator and scorer.

When you have a great post player in Shaq, being an initiator isn't that hard. Wade is averaging 7 assists easy and he's not even as talented as Kobe.

The great thing about Kobe was that he figured out the areas where he had to take over. Whenever Shaq was off or in FT - Kobe would step up. In the clutch, It was Kobe's team.

LO can't do that and hasn't learned that at all. The only time he steps up is when Kobe is injured. That is the biggest problem IMO. LO hasn't figured out where his spots are to step up. Kobe always knew his spots and took the most advantage of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

I wondered why Steve Nash didn't avg more than 10 dimes/game in Dallas. So I your playing potentiality depends upon your teamates. No wonder Kobe cant avg more than 5 dimes!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: