Laker fans--lighten up on Lamar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Trey wrote:
Can someone tell us how much money Caron was signed for and also how much he was demanding from the Lakers and how well Kobe could have played with Caron when they both play a very similar style

Not more than what Lamar's making, and slightly more than what we're paying Kwame. He never got to make any demands since we dealt him before he became a restricted FA. And if we were going to deal him, I would've waited to move him for a proven player.

Also, I think they would have played very well together under Phil. Plus, can you honestly say that any of our other players are playing "well" with Kobe, despite playing different styles/positions? It's not a valid point.

Who was going to be the initiator of this offense then?

Wasn't Caron on record saying it was hard to play with Kobe?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Laker Lurker wrote:
K8KillerInstinct wrote:
We should merge all these Lamar Hatred Threads into a big huge thread. Seriously, there are like 5 or 6 Lamar threads bombarted into fragmented pieces.

"Lamar Hatred Threads" are mostly started by Lamar Jockers.

That is bull (bleep)... This board was kind of peaceful and fun until the mudslinging was always directed toward LO. That is what got my attention in the first place. "You folks" started this.

When you got tired of trashing Sasha and, Mihm you went after LO. Some people just have to do this. I understand that but, doesn't mean I don't have anything to say about it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Caron was a good player but he wasn't worth the money to a team that already had Kobe Bryant - that he was going to get in FA.

Though I still would've kept him this season - I understand why Mitch and Phil dealt him. They were desperate for a bigman - and made a desperate move thinking they can deal small for big with a 1 year k going out for a 3 year K (2 years guaranteed). Kwame's K fit the plan, Caron's extension wouldn't have.

Hoopschick - that's fine. I see where you are coming from. Fair enough.

Criticizing LO because you think he can do better is fair game. He has talent and he underachieves. No doubt about that. He deserves a ton of whoppin for the mental collapses he has on the court.

But I do have an issue with this constant salary issue. If you want to talk salaries let's rape all the players who screwed us with bad contracts.

Kwame, Grant, Vlade, Slava, McKie and George have worse salary to contribution than LO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

WOW!!!....more LO postings. I guess there's a lot of LG posters here that would qualify as BSPN writers or can sit with Sir Chucky in the TNT studios. or perhaps can audition with the Adande's and Plashke's in LA Times. It's okay to note bad game(s) by a certain players but to over-act in regards to Odom..awwwfully awful already. C'mon guys if you can't control your anger toward Lamar, then do a coup d'etat in the Lakers front office to oust Mitch, Jim Buss or even take over the ownership from the doctor and now you can realize your almost everyday wish that LO should be taken out of the Lakers.
Film235
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Kwame, at the least, was a huge risk and we all knew that going in. It's not like there's a breakout year in Kwame's career that we can look at and say 'Yeah...we see the potential.'

what?

Noway is that fair.

Kwame is NO better than when he was in his 2nd season. He is showing NO Signs of being a 12/9 player that we wanted or he was paid for.

Quote:
Lamar is different. Lamar had the 'breakout' year in Miami. He showed us great things on the Olympic team. He continues to tease us with his once in a while great games. Of course he follows those up with a couple of duds. But he is the undisputed #2 option on this team and the facilitator. Naturally, expectations are higher.

That's fair and I never said Odom shouldn't be critisized. But it's a obsession for some. They will find nothing bad to say about anything but LO.

Quote:
And with Lamar, there has been very little improvement. Quite frankly, the gap between good games is getting wider

He's in a slump and I can't argue that he's underachieving.

Wolf, you just proved my point for me. Kwame has shown no signs of life his entire career. Hard to expect something you've never seen and have little reason to believe will appear.

Once again, Lamar is different. And it is absolutely fair that he receive the brunt of the criticism. He is the man next to the man. He has the big contract for multiple years, the high profile role on the team, and the responsibility that comes with that. Period. I'm not gonna sit here and waste time talking about how much Kwame sucks just to give him equal time. He's always sucked.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: