How much of the anger at Lamar is also being caused by the front office not making any moves to better this team - and because Kwame can't score?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: How much of the anger at Lamar is also being caused by the front office not making any moves to better this team - and because Kwame can't score?

I am sure that Phil believed Kwame Brown could give him more points than he is by now..
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Good point actually. Mitch is terrible.
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

...and because Kupchak didn't insist on Wade being in the trade.

Someone else chime in now! Let's make a poem!
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Lamar should not be outrebounding Kwame like he is.. THAT IS NOT HIS DUTY/responsibility
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I really thought Kwame was gonna at least give us 12-14 consitently, being spoon fed all night. Lamar was never really meant to give us 20 a night. He should be the man between the two stars. We just don't have the other star. Would of fit good back in Phil's first tenure.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Miami refused to put Wade in the deal all along. They didn't want Shaq without a young star next to him (complimenting him), and Caron Butler wasn't good enough to be that guy (and Lamar obviously had to be part of the deal for contract reasons).
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
Lamar should not be outrebounding Kwame like he is.. THAT IS NOT HIS DUTY/responsibility

Lamar outrebounds everyone because he crashes the boards and looks to bring the ball up every time. I think that's just his mentallity, but I wonder if he's coached to do that. Personally, I think we'd be a much more formidable team if Odom would make like Magic every so often. For example leak out and let the big guys up front grab the boards.

Have them whip the ball up to Lamar and look to catch the opponents in transition. I think his assists and scoring would go way up, and that would add another dangerous offensive dynamic to this team.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping Kwame would score more also but it isn't as if they look for him consistently. He probably averages like 5 shots a game.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Nobody would give up anything for Shaq, period.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Ofcourse that's a big reason.

The Lakers aren't talented at all outside of Lamar, Bynum and Kobe. Everyone else is at best a role player.

So the onus falls on LO to be a Shaq like or Kobe like superstar that can carry half the scrubs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Lamar was never really meant to give us 20 a night. He should be the man between the two stars.

+1

A passing SF that grabs 10+ rebs a game is great, but he's not a good 2nd option.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

62 wrote:
Good point actually. Mitch is terrible.

Name three people in the Laker organization that you don't think are terrible...

Go ahead and start with Kobe, I'll even give you a chance by not excluding or, placing the strain on you by not saying "outside of kobe"

Geeezzzuusss how do you feel about your parents?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

The Lakers aren't talented at all outside of Lamar, Bynum and Kobe. Everyone else is at best a role player.

So the onus falls on LO to be a Shaq like or Kobe like superstar that can carry half the scrubs.

Ya know what though Wolfy? It is my belief that when this team can run through the tri instinctively and only have to incorporate thinking in certain situations we will see more of an agressive nature. What we are seeing now is a bunch of scared kids working with an icon who they for the most part fear to a degree.

Can you imagine how much pressure a player must put on his self knowing how good Bryant is? This is why at times they are in such awe that they sometimes collectively become spectators. Smush will be the first on this team to break out and, as soon as Sasha developes faith in that high potential shot of his will proabably be next to assert himself. LO has fallen into a funk from shaken confidence and, this layoff for a game or two is probably good for him. He'll feel more important after this game against the cats for sure. It is a painful process to watch. I have no idea what kwame is going to develope into upon becoming comfortable in the system. the scary thing is if people have forgotten is that it took damned near 3 seasons for Devean to actually play in the tri...

This is why players like Cook and Von Wafer are a must to play with kobe. They don't give a (bleep) what kobe says or, thinks they are going after there own spotlight. It's a process but, I still think by seasons end we are going to see something good...
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

The frustration towards Odom is because he's in his 7th year and he's making $13-15 million per year. With Odom's experience and salary, anything less than him averaging 20-10 is a unacceptable. Odom isn't even close to being the #2 guy this team needs. Odom has proven he cannot handle the responsibility!

Then add the fact Jackson is forcing Odom to play out of his natural position rather than let him excel as he did in Miami playing where he played in the post and not around the 3-pt line.

It's a total cluster f...
Arsenal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LO is a great 3rd guy and a good 1st guy for a bad team. He's a bad 2nd option, esp. next to Kobe.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers had one or two other NBA-caliber players on the roster, everybody would love Lamar. Instead, they're p.o.'d because Lamar isn't enough of a scorer to make him and Kobe a 1-2 punch.

Lamar is what he is -- but the roster also is what it is, and it ain't pretty.
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
If the Lakers had one or two other NBA-caliber players on the roster, everybody would love Lamar. Instead, they're p.o.'d because Lamar isn't enough of a scorer to make him and Kobe a 1-2 punch.

Lamar is what he is -- but the roster also is what it is, and it ain't pretty.

Excellent post. The problem isn't Lamar, and it isn't Kobe or Phil. 15 ppg vs. 20 ppg from Lamar won't change much when the rest of the guys can't score against quality competition (or even the Bobcats).
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ya know what though Wolfy? It is my belief that when this team can run through the tri instinctively and only have to incorporate thinking in certain situations we will see more of an agressive nature. What we are seeing now is a bunch of scared kids working with an icon who they for the most part fear to a degree.

Can you imagine how much pressure a player must put on his self knowing how good Bryant is? This is why at times they are in such awe that they sometimes collectively become spectators. Smush will be the first on this team to break out and, as soon as Sasha developes faith in that high potential shot of his will proabably be next to assert himself. LO has fallen into a funk from shaken confidence and, this layoff for a game or two is probably good for him. He'll feel more important after this game against the cats for sure. It is a painful process to watch. I have no idea what kwame is going to develope into upon becoming comfortable in the system. the scary thing is if people have forgotten is that it took damned near 3 seasons for Devean to actually play in the tri...

This is why players like Cook and Von Wafer are a must to play with kobe. They don't give a (bleep) what kobe says or, thinks they are going after there own spotlight. It's a process but, I still think by seasons end we are going to see something good...

You hit the nail on the head Shoes....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: