Let's speak realistically -maybe Odom doesnt like playing in LAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

62 wrote:
Odom to me is looking more and more as a "grat stats on a bad team" type of a guy....you know like Abdur Rahim.

That's because Odom is limited in everything.

He can play the 4 but...
He can initiate the offense but..
He can score but..
He can pass but...

In this current situation, Odom is like a great car without an engine.
He has most skills but a low bball IQ.

To me, Odom simply isn't a material for a great team.

Maybe in some certian situations he is but he's a terrible fit here and he needs to be gone.
That Miami season will be the higlight of his career even though that team was also just mediocre.

Unfortunately this is something I believed about Lamar when we traded for him, and he hasn't done anything to change it. He's just not a winner. Guys with less abilities help their teams much more then Lamar in winning time. Lamar just doesn't seem to have that extra gear that the championship Lakers had and were known for. He just seems to coast all game. Maybe he can't really turn it up. Lots of times when he gets too aggressive or excited he makes a demoralizing play. That can't happen.

Lamar does some good things on the court. He helps allow Kobe to be Kobe. He does have a presence on the court that is missed when he's out. But it's all just not good enough when in winning time you're more a liability to the team then an asset. Not with the paycheck he's getting. Watch the Pistons and you'll notice that all five starters are threats to beat you late in games. All of them make less money then Lamar. All of them are winners.

The Buss family must really know something about 2007. It's good enough for them to be patient with Lamar and see if he can work out till then. Or maybe they see him as that great third option that everybody here does, so they're willing to keep him and gamble with the possibility that he becomes more than that. Who knows. Hopefully it'll all work out for the best.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: wait and wait

For the same money LAL pays Odom, how many Odom’s like performance can we get? :roll: :roll: but there is nothing that can be done at this point of time. Fisher and Fox and Horry used to read Kobe and understand the system, but Odom can't read Kobe, and even if Kobe claims that he is getting a lot of the scoring done because of Odom, i think Kobe is trying to carry Odom’s spirit. LAL is paying a very big price (ODOM + Grant)+(15M+12M)27M total to shaqs 20M. We are going to have to be patient and hope that Bynum will be the one who pays off out patience and make the big change to this team and build around him and Kobe
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: wait and wait

novano2004 wrote:
For the same money LAL pays Odom, how many Odom’s like performance can we get? :roll: :roll: but there is nothing that can be done at this point of time. Fisher and Fox and Horry used to read Kobe and understand the system, but Odom can't read Kobe, and even if Kobe claims that he is getting a lot of the scoring done because of Odom, i think Kobe is trying to carry Odom’s spirit. LAL is paying a very big price (ODOM + Grant)+(15M+12M)27M total to shaqs 20M. We are going to have to be patient and hope that Bynum will be the one who pays off out patience and make the big change to this team and build around him and Kobe

I like your patience, but I also think that we could package Odom or trade him solo, for a player or players to help facilitate this transition. I keep hearing that we should be patient with Kwame and Odom and that they are experimenting with them right now. But how long will the experiment last? It has been two years with Odom, and after just a few months with Kwame I can see that he is not going to start catching passes under the hoop.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: wait and wait

vanexelent wrote:
novano2004 wrote:

I like your patience, but I also think that we could package Odom or trade him solo, for a player or players to help facilitate this transition. I keep hearing that we should be patient with Kwame and Odom and that they are experimenting with them right now. But how long will the experiment last? It has been two years with Odom, and after just a few months with Kwame I can see that he is not going to start catching passes under the hoop.

The patience am taking about is also a forced patience, we have no choice, you want a package that includes Odom and Brown, well give me one team in the NBA that will take them together or separate. None man none, so there is nothing other than patience we have. i also feel that when Phil says that he wants to wait on Odom is just hoping that LAL can find a market for him, the only team that may want Odom is the crazy NY GM
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: