Why did we lose these past 2 games? Because we have a team of LOSERS! How can we win a champsionship? Get RID OF THE LOSERS!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobebynum2008
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Why did we lose these past 2 games? Because we have a team of LOSERS! How can we win a champsionship? Get RID OF THE LOSERS!

Ok, I think it's pretty clear from these past 2 losses that this Lakers team just does not have the desire or work ethic to be a great team. They don't even have enough to be a decent one. Sure, Kobe is great, mihm is alright, bynum looks promising, smush can pull off a few fancy moves and shoot the 3 from time to time, but other than that, the rest of the players just plain suck (as many have already stated)...

The Lakers didn't lose these past 2 games (and many more games this season) simply because their shots weren't falling or the opponent got hot, but because have a group of players that are either 1) Lazy , 2) Unmotivated 3) Lack skill or all of the above. A major problem I see the Lakers having is that they have a lot of players that have the "ability" to be great but lack the desire or work ethic to be great. Lamar Odom is the greatest example of this. After watching him for awhile, I've basically lost faith in this guy of being able to help the Lakers in the future...He simply does not have the desire to be great...Sure I, like most people, believe and faith that people can change (ie Lamar could change), but in the setting of a professional sports team, you can only wait and risk so much on someone changing, with the time given to Lamar and the money he's being paid, I really feel he's got to go...

Kwame also is another player that I see simply lacks the desire to be a great player. I don't even think he enjoys playing bball...I really was hoping that he'd be the "guy that was the scapegoat in washington and became a stud on the Lakers", but it seems Kwame is just lazy and lacks the desire to be great.

Smush, Sasha, Devean, Luke = not enough skill

So how do we get better? Well personally I've sorta given up on this season, I mean, Lamar is the key to the Lakers having success, he facilitates the offense, without him being effective, we really can't do much...I would really like to trade him for a quality point guard or something...a lotta ppl say "you don't trade big for small in this leauge" etc but what the hell?!?!? If we can get a point guard that actually has the desire and work ethic to be a winner, I'd do it. Sure you don't trade big for small, but you do trade an unmotivated lazy guy for one that actually has the desire and work ethic to win. And that's also why I consider the Kwame Brown-Caron Butler deal to be flawed. A lotta ppl justifyed Kwame being a good deal cuz he was a big and could clog up the lane, and that Caron was a swingman and he's a dime a dozen in this league, but you cannot deny that Caron has one thing that Kwame appears he'll never have, and that is the burnign desire to win and a strong work ethic, that in itself would have helped the lakers this season...

So yeah I think the following would help the Lakers right now:

1) Get rid of Odom, get a real facilitator to run the offense
2) Try to get at least one decent shooter to complement Kobe (it's painful to watch Kobe get double teamed every possesion and have teammates brick shot after shot)
2) Give Bynum a few more minutes to help him develop (who knows, maybe an 18 yr old can dominate the paint?!)
3) Get Ronny Turiaf some minutes and hopefully he'll become a rebounding stud
4) This is unlikely, but get rid of Kwame...I really don't see this guy having the desire to get better
5) Keep Mihm and B Cook (I think he's just having some bad shooting nights)

I dunno, maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I really don't see this laker team going anywhere with the roster and playing style it currently has...I really think it's time to blow the whole thing up, I like a lotta of our young players, but the rest doesnt offer much to be excited about...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: